"Real" Women

Options

Replies

• Mikkimeow
    Mikkimeow Posts: 1,282 Member
    Options
    I swear, all I see on MFP is everyone looking for a reason to *****. People will say and do whatever the jesus h christ they want to. If it bothers you that much, start a diary. And not just the one you log food in.
    Kind of seems like you are b*tching. :)

I find it amusing, gives me something to laugh at everyday.
  • Lucia120382
    Options
    This is better then to watch politicians arguing. What a drama. We women can make a fight, thats for sure, real or no real. :wink:

You got that right! Glad I'm wearing my padded bra.

Ha, I am not wearing any. :tongue:
  • Mutant13
    Mutant13 Posts: 2,485 Member
    Options
    I also just noticed the cosmetic surgery comment and take issue with it.

My sister was born with a cyst that left a scar on her cheek. She had surgery to fix it.

My friend had a breast reduction due to back pain

My mother and grandmother have both had nose jobs and breast lifts. Purely for aesthetic reasons.

Last time I checked they were all still women.

'Real Women' don't allow other people to dictate what they can and can't do to their bodies
  • foxro
    foxro Posts: 793 Member
    Options
    So what about transexuals, men who change to women through surgery, hormones etc. They want to be known as a real women.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    I feel the media puts the pressure on women of all sizes and shapes to look a certain way.

I think we are all saying the same thing here.

That women are mindless chattel who can't think for themselves? That's all I can ever get out of 'TV made me do it' arguments.

No, that girls are impressionable.

Oh I'm sick of this.

In this day and age, we all know what photoshop is. We know the magic of lighting and makeup, we know that people don't generally look like Barbie (well except for that one Russian girl)

Give young women some credit. We are smarter than that
    Unfortunately, it often times isn't a matter of intellect. There are many women with EDs who hate their bodies because they don't look like those barbies.

Someone who gets about 3/4 of my point! At last!

So...what does that have to do with what your point about what real women are? The original topic isn't about women in the media or the media pushing out what they think is the body ideal. The original topic was about using the term "real women" in a way that it empowers those of a certain weight/body image while putting down the others.
  • Cp731
    Cp731 Posts: 3,195 Member
    Options
    fat.jpg

Real Woman
  • Gallowmere1984
    Gallowmere1984 Posts: 6,626 Member
    Options
    fat.jpg

Real Woman

Who's paying to have the springs in that truck replaced? I know full well that it's only a 1/4 ton, and I am pretty sure they are exceeding that by quite a bit.
  • jnichel
    jnichel Posts: 4,553 Member
    Options
    Real women: women who are not altered by cosmetic surgery,women who are non-celebrities without the aid of personal trainers,chefs,make up artists,air brushing and all those other tricks used to make average "real"women feel bad about themselves and buy their products because we'll all be ugly without them.Average women with jobs,kids,school,lives to live.

That is the spirit in which it was intended on the other thread in an attempt to support the OP.

And I think you all really know that.

Damn, now I have to go tell my wife that she's not a real woman after having her boobs cosmetically rebuilt after having them chopped off due to breast cancer.
  • jnichel
    Options
    False. I lost weight and my vagina disintegrated. True story

If you lift, I hear you'll find a penis.
  • McChubbyruewho
    Options
    fat.jpg

Real Woman

Well :embarassed: maybe I've had enough Valentines day chocolate for today lol yea..... maybe I eat a carrot!
  • jnichel
    Options
    Real women: women who are not altered by cosmetic surgery,women who are non-celebrities without the aid of personal trainers,chefs,make up artists,air brushing and all those other tricks used to make average "real"women feel bad about themselves and buy their products because we'll all be ugly without them.Average women with jobs,kids,school,lives to live.

That is the spirit in which it was intended on the other thread in an attempt to support the OP.

So if I have breast cancer and have reconstruction surgery, I am now not a real women based on your standards? Ok.

That's assine.What a bunch of extremists! I obviously have to put this as simplistically as possible.

Women who are not media created for a false ideal of beauty that is not attainable by the average, real woman.

When you say you have to put it "simplistically", are you saying that the rest of us are stupid, or are you just moving the goal posts?
  • Cp731
    Cp731 Posts: 3,195 Member
    Options
    fat.jpg

Real Woman

Who's paying to have the springs in that truck replaced? I know full well that it's only a 1/4 ton, and I am pretty sure they are exceeding that by quite a bit.

IDK sure as hell wouldn't be me. lol
  • MizTerry
    MizTerry Posts: 3,763 Member
    Options
    I have a blow up doll and I treat her like a real woman.

ROFL...that is bad.
  • McChubbyruewho
    Options
    This is everyone on myfitnesspal message boards :sad:
  • jnichel
    Options
    And the breast cancer statement,Completely out of line.You have NO idea what your talking about with that one.

I do.
  • HMVOL7409
    HMVOL7409 Posts: 1,588 Member
    Options

So if I have breast cancer and have reconstruction surgery, I am now not a real women based on your standards? Ok.

That's assine.What a bunch of extremists! I obviously have to put this as simplistically as possible.

Women who are not media created for a false ideal of beauty that is not attainable by the average, real woman.

When you say you have to put it "simplistically", are you saying that the rest of us are stupid, or are you just moving the goal posts?

Nope, we are all wrong, stupid and have no clue what we are talking about. It's ok, I'm not real anyways!
  • jnichel
    Options
    There is only one legitimate way to authenticate the identity of a "real" woman....

34g7tq9.jpg

Video of demonstration:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=gmF_yXQkVh0

Burn her!!!
  • Real women: women who are not altered by cosmetic surgery,women who are non-celebrities without the aid of personal trainers,chefs,make up artists,air brushing and all those other tricks used to make average "real"women feel bad about themselves and buy their products because we'll all be ugly without them.Average women with jobs,kids,school,lives to live.

Lol. Not an extremist just going off of what you yourself wrote! Someone who is cosmetically altered is not a real woman to you.

ooOOOOOOoooooohhhh so I don't have to wait six months until i'm skinny to be fake. It starts now due to the tummy tuck my hernia surgeon suggested and I happily took him up on. Thanks. Glad to know you agree already with my husband that I am not a real woman because I can't turn over a fried egg without breaking the yolk. You may have you're own reasons for considering me less than "real" and wait for it....in 6 short months everyone I know will agree with you since I will be thin enough for my natural and apparently offensive beauty to shine through and leave me open to any manner of insults and criticisms because thin people don't have feelings nor ears and are fair game for jabs, and whispers behind the back right? Thanks a lot looking forward to it even more now. Thanks a lot. Feel a whole lot better losing weight isn't gonna change things for me, now I'm free to continue my dieting and working out with no fear of becoming less than "real" since I'm already fake. More liberating than bra burning I think, wasn't there, can only guess.

I hate to play interference here. While you may both feel justified in your beliefs, don't take things personally. Sharp words are going to make everyone and do nothing for you both. It maybe, just the internet but tearing each other down keeps both party stagnant and arguing instead of actually debating, peacefully on a support site contradicts its purpose and ruins the fun for everyone. I advise both parties to, please, cease and desist before this becomes a mud flinging fest and find somewhere new and forget about this place and the situation. So let's be cool, please? ^_^
  • jbutterflye
    jbutterflye Posts: 1,914 Member
    Options

Damn, now I have to go tell my wife that she's not a real woman after having her boobs cosmetically rebuilt after having them chopped off due to breast cancer.

man, you're pulling my heart strings today.
  • jnichel
    Options
    This is better then to watch politicians arguing. What a drama. We women can make a fight, thats for sure, real or no real. :wink:

You got that right! Glad I'm wearing my padded bra.

Pics or.....well, you know the rest.