What are you currently reading?

Options

Replies

• RMX82
    RMX82 Posts: 172
    Options
    I can't even remember the last time I read a full book. I just can't find the time to do it. If I did I could probably squeeze out 30 minutes a day to dedicate to it. It would take me like 2 years to finish something, haha.
  • TammyBee
    TammyBee Posts: 178
    Options
    You can find many books on CD at the library!
  • pinbotchick
    pinbotchick Posts: 3,904
    Options
    I can't even remember the last time I read a full book. I just can't find the time to do it. If I did I could probably squeeze out 30 minutes a day to dedicate to it. It would take me like 2 years to finish something, haha.

I get my books in MP3 format from Audible.com and listen (instead of sitting to read) to them while I jog, drive for work, clean the house and do yardwork. It's the only way, I can get any reading done.

My bookclub meeting is this week so I started Stealing Buddha's Dinner by Bich Minh Nguyen. Don't listen to this book on an empty stomach - she obsesses over food:wink:
  • april522
    april522 Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    I need to check out audible.com. I would love to listen to audio books while walking. I used to listen to them all the time in my car when I had an hour to commute one way.

I just started reading "J is for Judgement" by Sue Grafton.
  • xsargex
    xsargex Posts: 768
    Options
    Currently Reading:
    KABOOM - Embracing The Suck In A Savage Little War by LT. Matt Gallagher
    BOKKEN - Art Of The Japanese Sword by Dave Lowery
    IAI- The Art of Drawing The Sword by Darrell Max Craig
    WITH THE OLD BREED: At Peleliu and Okinawa by Eugene Sledge

Just Finished:
    KILLING PABLO - The Hunt For The Worlds Greatest Outlaw by Mark Bowden
    SON OF HAMMAS by Mosab Hassan Yousef

Re-reading:
    BAND OF BROTHERS by Stephen Ambrose
  • Mamasota
    Mamasota Posts: 144
    Options
    To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee. I've seen the movie but never read the book. This year I got the 50th anniversary edition as a gift. It is beautifully written and I highly recommend this Pulitzer prize winning novel.
  • imagymrat
    imagymrat Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    currently reading The deep side of the ocean, about a little boy whose been kidnapped and the impact on the family, it's ok. :indifferent:
  • Ms_Natalie
    Ms_Natalie Posts: 1,030 Member
    Options
    I'm currently reading "The Grapes of Wrath" by John Steinbeck. Even though I'm studying for a degree in Psychology...I absolutely love the history surrounding "the great depression". My mam wanted to borrow a book and she absolutely loved it, so I'm giving it a go! He's a great writer and I'm finding it difficult to put down at the mo! I have the film here ready for when I finish it :happy:
  • ladytap
    ladytap Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Lonesome Dove :) It's been my favorite movie for years, and I've finally decided to read the book.

It's amazing.
  • Sarandipity
    Sarandipity Posts: 1,560
    Options
    The fourth book in Dean Koontz's Frankenstein series just came out so i am rereading the first 3 and then will read the final one.

I need to do that too. I haven't read the 3rd yet, although I bought it as soon as it came out :laugh:

I am just starting James Patterson's Run for Your Life and I am almost finished Kushel's Dart By:Jacquelyn Cary which is kind of a fatnasy type novel.

I have been trying to go through my bookshelf and get rid of ones I wont read again, and figure out which ones I still have to read :laugh: :laugh: I didn't need this thread to let me know of all the other great books out there I need to add to my list :wink:
  • ladytap
    ladytap Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee. I've seen the movie but never read the book. This year I got the 50th anniversary edition as a gift. It is beautifully written and I highly recommend this Pulitzer prize winning novel.

This has always been my favorite book. I'm interested to see if Lonesome Dove will take the top spot or not...To Kill a Mockingbird is going to be hard to beat :)

Thanks for mentioning the 50th anniversary edition...I've got to have it! :love:
  • tubbytabbytales
    Options
    I'm reading Eat, Pray, Love.
  • TMLS
    TMLS Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I'm reading the Complete Sherlock Holmes - 400 pages in, only 700 to go!
  • egbkid
    egbkid Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    I usually have 2 or more books on the go, usually because i pick a hard cover one to keep reading at home or before bed, and a soft cover small one to take with me in my purse for waiting rooms, buses etc. Currently I am into:

The Secret History of Mary Magdalene: Christianity's Hidden Goddess by Lynn Picknett.

I bought this on on sale at the book store last weekend, the back peaked my interest. I was not raised in a religious home, but ever since i read / watched the DaVinci Code and Angels & Demons, the Knights Templar etc. has seemed interesting. I might just take a stab at the Bible next, my Dad told me it is something everyone should read at least once (and he is far from religious). I might just read it to get the other point of view.

and

The Hellion / Separate Beds / Hummingbird : Three complete Novels by LaVyrle Spencer.

I am almost done The Hellion, i bought it at a book sale for 3 dollars. I have read a book (several times) by the same author called Morning Glory, which was really good, so far, this one is to.

Happy Reading!!
  • TheMaidOfAstolat
    TheMaidOfAstolat Posts: 3,222 Member
    Options
    I'm reading the Complete Sherlock Holmes - 400 pages in, only 700 to go!

Ah...one of my faves!

Rereading the Twilight Saga (yep, I'm one of those nuts). I recently finished reading Kon Tiki by Thro Heyerdahl.
  • mandikaye
    mandikaye Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I just finished reading Her Fearful Symmetry by Audrey Niffenegger. It was a great book, but the ending made me mad.

Now I'm reading Stolen Innocence: My Story of Growing Up in a Polygamous Sect, Becoming a Teenage Bride, and Breaking Free of Warren Jeffs. Phew! What a mouthful!
  • pinbotchick
    Options
    "The Lion's Game" by Nelson DeMille. I loved "The Charm School" by him.
  • CreativeRedhead
    Options
    Just started 'Light in August' by William Faulkner. =)
  • Tinamac1
    Tinamac1 Posts: 39
    Options
    "i never fancied him anyway" by Claudia Carroll
  • pinbotchick
    Options
    For my bookclub, I have started physically reading "Her Highness' First Murder" by Peg Herring. She is a local author and this is her second book. I really liked her first book which was "MacBeth's Niece" a fictional story in the times of MacBeth. The current story center's around Princess Elizabeth... So far both are great reads.