What are you currently reading?

Options
cbnorris
cbnorris Posts: 204 Member
Can be anything from fitness to politics to fiction...

Me, I just started reading The Girl with the Dragon Tattoos by Steig Larsson.

Just finshed reading the Vampire Diaries series. Was not impressed.

Replies

• Laceylala
    Laceylala Posts: 3,094 Member
    Options
    The Lions of Al Rassan. Slow to get started and too many characters for my already adled brain apparently, but I am getting into it now. Most of this authors books seem to slow starters I guess.

I have found that 95% of the vampire books out right now are not that well written at all. I get the appeal and I read them too, but compared to other authors, not impressed much with these vampire chroniclers.

if you like Vampire books, try the Kim Harrison books. She's got a whole series about a witch, vampire and a pixie and they are very good. Super wity and well written. I buy the audiobooks.
  • karenjoy
    karenjoy Posts: 1,840 Member
    Options
    Just read all the three Steg Larsson books, found the Girl with the dragon tattoo hard to get into at first, but stuck with it and just loved it, then loved the second and HAD to go out and buy the third...which I read in a day and a half.....

Just started a book on my friends ebook, but don't know the title, but it's set in Egypt and seems to be good so far :-)
  • TalonaCat
    TalonaCat Posts: 241
    Options
    Actually, I'm in the middle of re-reading my FAVORITE book for like the 15th time. Haha!

It's called Swan Song by Robert McCammon.
  • jdurham87
    jdurham87 Posts: 62
    Options
    One Tuesday Morning by Karen Kingsbury. Very inspiring book with a surprising twist! Love it but almost finished :-(
  • TexasBuckeye
    Options
    Reading "Brethren". It's about the Knights Templar.....very good. Just finished a modern day Left Behind series, Can't remember the author..the first book was the "Last Jihad". Excellent!
  • VictorianJade
    VictorianJade Posts: 705 Member
    Options
    I'm doing my yearly re-read of the Narnia Series, while also picking through a compilation called "Tales Before Narnia".
  • sarahhnash
    Options
    What to Eat - Marion Nestle. It's a little heavy and dotted with politics (of food and food production/sales) but very interesting reading...
  • ideretic
    ideretic Posts: 38
    Options
    False Mermaid by Erin Hart - very interesting book about sister's love and Irish folk stories about seals :)
  • Wolfena
    Wolfena Posts: 1,570 Member
    Options
    I got a new "Redbook" magazine in the mail yesterday... :wink:

I am about to start a book called "Shiver" by Maggie Steifvater that comes highly recommended by my 12 year old daughter. It's really not my type of book, but she's been reading so much this past year (started with the Twilight series) and out of all those 20-something books she's read since the fall this is the one she says is most "AWESOME!!" So, I will read it for her... and share in one more part of her life.
    :smile:
  • Breckgirl
    Breckgirl Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    Just finished Nora Roberts "Born in Fire". I love any gothic, victorian, suspence, mystery, or historical based novels. I'm in college and during school I can't read anything but homework, YUCK!
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    Started "To Own a Dragon" by Don Miller a couple nights ago and poked through my Shape magazine last night - will do some more reading of both tonight. :happy:
  • ideretic
    ideretic Posts: 38
    Options
    Just finished Nora Roberts "Born in Fire". I love any gothic, victorian, suspence, mystery, or historical based novels. I'm in college and during school I can't read anything but homework, YUCK!

I know what you mean ... when I was in grad school I had to limit myself to textbooks and then during the break I would read 7-10 books :)! If you love Nora Roberts, try Sandra Brown as well :)
  • JJs25th
    JJs25th Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Son of the Morning Star -- its about Custer and the Battle of Little Big Horn.

I feel a tad too serious compared to some of you others.

Breckgirl -- have you read the Outlander Series by Dana Galbdon? You might really enjoy it.

Spelling edit.:ohwell:
  • cmw72
    cmw72 Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    Multireal by David Louis Edelman
    ( cyberpunkian sci-fi )
  • KaeChelle
    KaeChelle Posts: 576
    Options
    Don't read much, except for the Bible, and I'm currently reading Psalms.
  • PixieGoddess
    PixieGoddess Posts: 1,833 Member
    Options
    I've been making my way through Jane Austen's books, b/c I loved Pride & Prejudice in high school (which I graduated in 2004 and am just now getting to this because I also couldn't read much during college!)

Anywho, I've reread Pride & Prejudice, read Sense & Sensibility, and am now reading Persuasion.

BTW, my fave vampire book series thus far is the Anita Blake: Vampire Hunter series by Laurell K Hamilton :)
  • Sheri226
    Sheri226 Posts: 22
    Options
    I'm reading The Shack by William P. Young. Wish I could spend more time reading it then I've been able to devote so far.
  • cmw72
    cmw72 Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    I've been making my way through Jane Austen's books, b/c I loved Pride & Prejudice in high school (which I graduated in 2004 and am just now getting to this because I also couldn't read much during college!)

Anywho, I've reread Pride & Prejudice, read Sense & Sensibility, and am now reading Persuasion.

BTW, my fave vampire book series thus far is the Anita Blake: Vampire Hunter series by Laurell K Hamilton :)

My wife just finished reading Pride and Prejudice and Zombies as well as Sense and Sensibility and Seamonsters ...
  • StaceG1986
    StaceG1986 Posts: 350
    Options
    Just started reading Twilight ~ Stephenie Meyer :laugh:

Before that I was reading The Boy In The Striped Pyjamas ~ John Boyne ~ found it emotional, better than the film I think
  • SraArroz
    SraArroz Posts: 238
    Options
    I love to read! My favorites are murder mysteries and vampire books. I'm reading "Dead Witch Walking" right now, I think it's by Kim Harrison. I just got a Nook from Barnes & Noble and it was a free book on there. Really good so far.