What are you currently reading?

Options

Replies

• suziblues2000
    suziblues2000 Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    Just finished: The Glass Castle, a Memoir by Jeanette Walls.

Wow, what a story! I recommend this book to anybody who likes to read about people, families (this was a very disfunctional family) and beating the odds.

oh yeah, I'm reading, You On A Diet right now. Kind of boring, but lots and lots of good info.
  • icaruscanfly
    icaruscanfly Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    The Spontaneous Fulfillment of Desire by Deepak Chopra. This is the first time I've ever read anything like this and I love it. I usually read Judy Picoult, Anita Shreve....fiction but this book is amazing!
  • Laceylala
    Laceylala Posts: 3,094 Member
    Options
    I'm reading The Lost Symbol by Dan Brown. Or, at least pretending to, it's been weighing my back down for weeks. I bring it to work with me to read at lunch, but go for my 45 minute walk instead.

i was disappointed in this one. : (

i'm going to start Hunger by Sharman Russel... then attempt The Stand by Stephen King.

I read The Stand my senior year in highschool when the movie miniseries came out (which btw is fairly accurate to the book and dern good). Amazing book.
  • cbnorris
    cbnorris Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    "The Time Traveler's Wife"- I want to read the book before I see the movie.
    "Eat, Pray, Love"- Self searching time.
    "Percy Jackson-The Last Olympian"- The last book of a GREAT series, really enjoyed this :)

I've read the first two. I absolutely LOVE Eat, Pray, Love. Sounds like we may have similar taste in books, I may have to check out Percy Jackson.

I, too, also have Pride Prejudice and Zombies on my shelf waiting to read. :laugh:

And to the lady reading Charlene Harris, I just love those books. The 9th one should be coming in the mail in the next week. I forced myself to hold out until it came out on paperback. The 10th one comes out in hardback in May. I don't think I'll be able to wait for paperback this time!

And to all those who said Anita Blake, I've been meaning to read those. Keep looking on ebay for lots. I want to start at the beginning!
  • SammyLynn010
    SammyLynn010 Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    I am currently reading "Shiver" ... I've heard wonderful things about on www.goodreads.com ... Nursing School is killing me with NCLEX review so...I'm on hold for reading at the moment! haha

So is it as good as my daughter tells me???? LOL (I suppose I could finally open it up and find out!) :blushing:

So far it's really good... I haven't made it but like 60 or 70 pages. The writing style of this book is different from the ones I've read lately. I think it will end up being just as good as everyone says! lol
  • SammyLynn010
    SammyLynn010 Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    Just finished: The Glass Castle, a Memoir by Jeanette Walls.

Wow, what a story! I recommend this book to anybody who likes to read about people, families (this was a very disfunctional family) and beating the odds.

oh yeah, I'm reading, You On A Diet right now. Kind of boring, but lots and lots of good info.

Was she from West Virginia, or am I think about another book? For some reason I was thinking that she was from WV.
  • MissingMinnesota
    MissingMinnesota Posts: 7,486 Member
    Options

And to the lady reading Charlene Harris, I just love those books. The 9th one should be coming in the mail in the next week. I forced myself to hold out until it came out on paperback. The 10th one comes out in hardback in May. I don't think I'll be able to wait for paperback this time!

I am reading those too but I am waiting for the 4th one to come in at the library. I am sooo team Eric. :)
  • Vallandingham
    Vallandingham Posts: 2,177
    Options
    I am re reading "The Light at the End" by John M Skipp and Craig Spector for about the 10th time.

It is THE best book I have ever read and I read about a book a week and have for over 40 years. I am currently looking for good books, but my favorite authors can't keep up, so I always fall back on a fave from my library. If you get the opportunity to read this one; do it. It is out of print, but I'm sure it's sitting somewhere in your local used book store.
  • paige2010
    paige2010 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    The History of Sexuality Vol. 1 - Michel Foucault

Buffy Series 8 graphic novels

:)
  • Mishy
    Mishy Posts: 1,551 Member
    Options
    I'm reading Forever Blue by Suzanne Brockmann, second one in a series. I like reading books in a series because it gives me something to look forward to.
  • MissingMinnesota
    Options
    I'm reading Forever Blue by Suzanne Brockmann, second one in a series. I like reading books in a series because it gives me something to look forward to.

I love Suzanne Brockmann. I have read all her books.
  • Breathe_Glamour
    Options
    The Intuitionist by Colson Whitehead

Jane's Career by Herbert De Lisser

Doubt by Shanley
  • supercool111
    Options
    I'm reading Victor Hugo's 'Les Misérables' at the moment. I'm only about 50 pages in (of 1250) but I'm really enjoying it. It's beautiful.
  • ♥Faerie♥
    ♥Faerie♥ Posts: 14,053 Member
    Options
    Just finished 'Heart Shaped Box", about a man who buys a ghost on ebay, awesome ending.....
    Now I am reading "Willow", about a cutter, and her struggles to overcome this horrible disease.. really good so far..
  • elf1590
    elf1590 Posts: 28
    Options
    i'm a huge YA fan, lately i read Rumors (the 2nd Luxe book) which i loved! then Sticky Fingers by Niki Burnham, which was a good quick read. Then The Truth About Forever by Sarah Dessen (i absolutely love Dessen's books! i've read 3 of hers so far and def plan to read more!) and now i'm reading Sweet Little Lies, the sequel to LA Candy by Lauren Conrad.

btw, a great book website, if you're interested is www.shelfari.com it lets you keep up with books you've read, and would like to read. as well as get other readers opinions on books :)

another is www.paperbackswap.com where you can swap books for almost nothing! books being sent to you are free, you only have to pay for shipping for books you are sending out to someone else :)

not sure if those sites have been posted before or not, if so, sorry!
  • cbnorris
    cbnorris Posts: 204 Member
    Options

I am reading those too but I am waiting for the 4th one to come in at the library. I am sooo team Eric. :)

meeee toooo. I have books 1-8. I would offer to ship them to you if you paid for postage, but currently a girl at work is hoarding them. Another girl I let borrow them was done with each one in 1-3 days, more at my speed. This girl is barely into the first and its been a month. Not that I mind cause I've read them already, but I'm a firm believer in book swapping. :)
  • MissingMinnesota
    Options
    cb
    Thats okay that is what the library is for. :flowerforyou:
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options
    I'm reading Deadline, a novel by Randy Alcorn. I'm also reading the Bible through in a year as part of my daily devotions. I have the Left Behind series, those are great books. I also want to get Atlas Shrugged for my personal library.
  • Breckgirl
    Breckgirl Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    Just finished Nora Roberts "Born in Fire". I love any gothic, victorian, suspence, mystery, or historical based novels. I'm in college and during school I can't read anything but homework, YUCK!

I know what you mean ... when I was in grad school I had to limit myself to textbooks and then during the break I would read 7-10 books :)! If you love Nora Roberts, try Sandra Brown as well :)

Thanks for the tip. I have two months off tthis summer due to a tendon surgery and am looking to bury myself in books!
  • enromero
    enromero Posts: 104
    Options
    @enromero
    I just finished listening to the HP7 audiobook (while at work too)! I only have books 6 & 7 on audiobook, I need to get the rest...

I have all of them...we have a huge collection of all diff kinds of books @ work. I listen to and read all of them a few times...Harry is BIG in our house...actually we call my oldest son Harry all the time and my younger son has red hair so we call him Ron lol. I rented them from the library also...too expensive to buy lol.

Erin