What are you currently reading?

Options

Replies

• aml0484
    aml0484 Posts: 425
    Options
    I'm another one reading the Sookie Stackhouse series. Just about done with book 8. Great thread. I just added a ton of books to must read list.
  • sendmoretigers
    Options
    just finished "the lost massey lectures" a transcript of lectures the cbc (canadian broadcasting corporation) recorded over the past four decades by some pretty interesting people including paul goodman, martin luther king jr and jane jacobs, before that was "a fair country" by john ralston saul and am just starting "the shock doctrine" by naomi klein
  • elf1590
    elf1590 Posts: 28
    Options
    Finished Sweet Little Lies, and now I'm reading Dreamland by Sarah Dessen. I absolutely love her books!
  • Valqis
    Valqis Posts: 1,016 Member
    Options
    Currently reading 4 books at the same time [make that 5]:

Fiction: "Under the Dome" by Stephen King (for Pleasure)
    Non-Fiction: "Every Man's Battle" by Fred Stoeker (for my Youth Group)
    Non-Fiction: "The Gift of Forgiveness" by Charles Stanley (for my Bible Study Group)
    the Quran (for General Knowledge and Inquisitiveness; have several Muslim friends, and want to learn more about their religion and what they believe)
    Just picked up a copy of F Scott Fitzgerald's "The Curious Case of Benjamin Button and other short stories" (is actually pretty good)
  • TheMaidOfAstolat
    TheMaidOfAstolat Posts: 3,222 Member
    Options
    Lord Sunday by Garth Nix (yes, it's YA but I started reading the series when I was 17).
    I recently finished Beauty Secrets of the Bible by Ginger Garrett (yes it is religious but it's not just about beauty...its has a weight related section as well).

Should note:
    I use www.betterworldbooks.com as my main source of buying books.
    Also, www.goodreads.com is great...it keeps up with what you've read and books you want to read (even ones that won't be released for another year or so).
  • EmmyBee
    EmmyBee Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Just finished:
    The Namesake by Jhumpa Lahiri

Currently reading:
    A Fine Balance by Rohinton Mistry
    Four to Score by Janet Evanovich (been going through this series quickly, they're hilarious and a quick, light read)

Next on the list:
    The Book Thief by Marcus Zusak
  • bluiz13
    bluiz13 Posts: 3,550 Member
    Options
    i have read several books by Kristin Hannah in the last few months....
    Firefly lane
    true colors
    between sisters
    magic hour
    the things we do for love
    distant shores

i really love the "stories" in each of the books...not love stories but more life and friend stories....
    i highly recommend her books for a light but interesting read...
  • April0815
    April0815 Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    I am currently reading Eclipse from the Twilight series.
  • cbnorris
    cbnorris Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Next on the list:
    The Book Thief by Marcus Zusak

That is also on my list.

I've read a couple of Kristen Hannah's. Been meaning to check out some more.
  • PixieGoddess
    PixieGoddess Posts: 1,833 Member
    Options
    I've been making my way through Jane Austen's books, b/c I loved Pride & Prejudice in high school (which I graduated in 2004 and am just now getting to this because I also couldn't read much during college!)

Anywho, I've reread Pride & Prejudice, read Sense & Sensibility, and am now reading Persuasion.

BTW, my fave vampire book series thus far is the Anita Blake: Vampire Hunter series by Laurell K Hamilton :)

When you finish all of these you should watch the Jane Austen book club, its a way cute movie. And made me want to read more of her books.

Im reading Breaking Dawn Again.LOL. Big twihard fan, but what can I say. But there really isnt much I wont at least try to im getting all kinds of ideas :)

Oh yeah, that was part of my intention! :)
  • MissingMinnesota
    MissingMinnesota Posts: 7,486 Member
    Options
    Well I am done with Deeper then the Dead so I am headed to the library tonight. We will see what catches my fancy.
  • Valqis
    Valqis Posts: 1,016 Member
    Options
    i'm going to start Hunger by Sharman Russel... then attempt The Stand by Stephen King.
    JMarie9>>>

The Stand Is STEPHEN KING'S BEST BOOK EVER!!! Well worth the effort...I've read it 4x
  • springgrl
    springgrl Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    I just finished On a Dollar a Day: One Couple's Unlikely Adventures in Eating in America. The book is more a diary of some of their experiment - the recipes and cost index is on their blog.

I just started Thunder and Roses: Volume IV: The Complete Stories of Theodore Sturgeon
  • elf1590
    Options
    Just finished Dreamland by Sarah Dessen -- LOVED it! Great realistic fiction about abusive relationships as well as family relationships.

Now reading Burned by Ellen Hopkins
  • TheMaidOfAstolat
    Options
    Finished Lord Sunday (Garth Nix) and it was quite good...it was also the end of the series :frown: .
    Starting Nanny Returns (Emma McLaughlin) the sequel to The Nanny Dairies (which I read several years ago).
  • elf1590
    Options
    Finished Lord Sunday (Garth Nix) and it was quite good...it was also the end of the series :frown: .
    Starting Nanny Returns (Emma McLaughlin) the sequel to The Nanny Dairies (which I read several years ago).

please let me know what you think of Nanny Returns?
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options
    "Parenting the Strong-Willed Child" by Rex Forehand & Nicholas Long

:indifferent:
  • TheMaidOfAstolat
    Options

please let me know what you think of Nanny Returns?

Sure thing.
    Since you like YA so much...check out goodreads.com They have some great lists (I also have a profile on there)...I read a lot of YA myself and do reviews with ARCs.
  • godblessourhome
    godblessourhome Posts: 3,892 Member
    Options
    i just finished 'dead in the family' by charlaine harris (out may 4th). if you are a sookie fan, it is a must-read. it has a darker tone, but it is still enjoyable. the review will be up soon (i own a review website).

for those liking ya, we just posted a few new reviews up on the blog if you want to check them out - http://enchantingreviews.blogspot.com/ and http://enchantingya.blogspot.com/. enjoy!
    dawn
  • elf1590
    Options
    great! thanks so much for letting me know :)