What are you currently reading?

Options

Replies

• Boston01810
    Boston01810 Posts: 2,267 Member
    Options
    I just finished the three Stieg Larson books. The first one was slow and disconnected for the first 55 pages- but then it picked up and all three were fascinating.
  • sweetness22
    Options
    a cop without a badge. lol i love the housewives of new jersey!
  • SugarDiva
    SugarDiva Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    re-reading Never Cry Wolf, Farley Mowat and almost finished... Next, The Paris Vendetta, Steve Berry
  • alantin
    alantin Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    Sun Tzu, The Art of War.
    Just began it yesterday.
  • TonyaVanDe
    Options
    Re-reading "The Camino" by Shirley MacClaine for the 15th time (one of my fav's) :heart:

Read within the last few months:

Eat Pray Love (Hated this book - - - not really into the self-absorbed - - its all about me - - - I'm still pretty BS - - blah blah) :grumble:

Dear John ( I liked it - - - easy read - - - the ending was beautifully sad)

All of the Twillight series including "Midnight Sun" (online @ Stephanie Meyers website) and "Short Life of Bree Tanner" (entertaining - - - read them 4 times)

Wake Up and Smell the Coffee - A collection of Ann Landers columns (great quick reads)

Any suggestions as to where I should look next -????
  • SugarDiva
    SugarDiva Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    Any suggestions as to where I should look next -????

Sounds like your taste in books is alot like mine. One of my faves is I Know This Much is True by Wally Lamb
  • clioandboy
    clioandboy Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    I am reading the subtle knife (2nd in the philip Pullman trilogy) I am not sure about it but am continuing anyway, I am also listening to Dean koontz dragon tears (heebie jeebies pushing all my buttons!)

And also dipping into David Byrnes bicycle diaries- don't want it to end- I think I love David Byrne saddo that I am! Lol!
  • loopybec2002
    loopybec2002 Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    Jodi Picoult - Nineteen Minutes I love her and all of her Books!
  • pinbotchick
    pinbotchick Posts: 3,904
    Options
    Oh oh oh - all other books on hold so that I can listen to the 3rd Hunger Games book "mockingjay" by Suzanne Collins. I downloaded it tonight!!!! Enjoy!!!
  • lisafrancis629
    Options
    Re-reading the Twilight series......I heart Edward Cullen.....mmmmm...and simultaneously reading The Lovely Bones and For Whom the Bell Tolls....I'm ADD with books if you can't tell.

I started reading Twilight on July 2, 2010 and finished Breaking Dawn 10 days later so I am a new Twi-hard fan. I heart Edward too!!

Just started reading The Witness by Sandra Brown today.
  • tishonamarie
    tishonamarie Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I'm reading "Eat, Pray, Love". Sadly I do the first two really well- I'm struggling in the are of the latter :-) In my classroom we are reading "Stuart Little" :-)
  • kenl3
    kenl3 Posts: 2
    Options
    I've pre-ordered Ricki Martin's autobiography from Amazon.com.
  • KarenECunningham
    KarenECunningham Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    A Virtuous Woman by Kaye Gibbons
  • josh6603
    josh6603 Posts: 39
    Options
    Daemon by Daniel Suarez
  • snowted
    snowted Posts: 1
    Options
    twenties girl by sophie kinsella
  • pinbotchick
    Options
    Re-reading the Twilight series......I heart Edward Cullen.....mmmmm...and simultaneously reading The Lovely Bones and For Whom the Bell Tolls....I'm ADD with books if you can't tell.

I started reading Twilight on July 2, 2010 and finished Breaking Dawn 10 days later so I am a new Twi-hard fan. I heart Edward too!!

Just started reading The Witness by Sandra Brown today.

If you like Twilight, you may also like the "Bitten" Book one of Women of the Other World series by Kelley Armstrong or "The Hunger Game" series by Suzanne Collins.
  • pinbotchick
    Options
    Just started "Through a Dog's Eyes" by Jennifer Arnold. A true story on how she trains dogs to help disabled people.
  • aaliyahbellydancer
    Options
    I started reading "The Fall of Baghdad" by Jon Lee Anderson a few months ago ... it is heavy reading but very interesting. But then i got busy with other things and had back pain and was unable to concentrate so left it for a few months. Will pick it up and try to recall where i left off. I may re read some bits as i try to find where i was up to. Baby has removed the book mark, ha ha.

I love history and i love Sci fi and fantasy, mystery, action, drama .... love vampire stories too ..... i haven't read any books for such a long time. I used to devour books regularly.

But its nice to see what you are all reading so i can look out for books along the lines of the things i am interested in so thanks for sharing xxx
  • aaliyahbellydancer
    Options
    where do you download books from?
  • sillygoose1977
    sillygoose1977 Posts: 2,151 Member
    Options
    I just finished reading Her Fearful Symmetry by Audrey Niffenegger. It was a great book, but the ending made me mad.

Ugh! I hated that ending too. So stupid.

I am reading The Cyclist. Strange little book about a terrorist.