What are you currently reading?

Options

Replies

• ltlemermaid
    ltlemermaid Posts: 637 Member
    Options
    I love to read a bunch of different books...

currently I am reading Lovely Bones by Alice Seabold-I am really into the story and how it is being told...

and about to start Four Past Midnight by Stephen King (one of my favorite authors!)
  • ltlemermaid
    ltlemermaid Posts: 637 Member
    Options
    Just finished "My Sisters Keeper" by Jodi Picoult. Such an AMAZING book!!!!

I recently finished reading this book--loved it until the end --really hated the way the book ended...
  • maddox22
    maddox22 Posts: 91
    Options
    I'm reading "An Incomplete Revenge" by Jacqueline Winspear, "The Picture of Dorian Gray" by Oscar Wilde, and a book on the history of potatoes (although I can't remember the author's name right now).

Just finished a couple other Jacqueline Winspears, a Star Trek novel, an Archer Mayor, and two Harry Potters. I usually read only in the evenings, but lately I've been craving sci fi/fantasy/mystery, and I've been reading a lot more.
  • Voncreepy2
    Voncreepy2 Posts: 1,450 Member
    Options
    i am reading the message boards here at MFP!!!! I wish I had a good book right now!!!!
  • XoXoCountryGalXoXo
    XoXoCountryGalXoXo Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    My boyfriend started me on the Dragonlance novels! Lol! Quite interesting!
  • Paul76
    Paul76 Posts: 158
    Options
    Atheist Universe by David Mills. Good read, but Sam Harris' End of Faith is still my favorite book on the subject.
  • dmcpage
    dmcpage Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    'Tis by Frank McCourt (sequel to Angela's Ashes).
  • Jesusfollower72
    Options
    I just finished reading "The end of overeating" by Dr. David Kessler. I highly recommend it if you want to learn about our bad eating habits.

I just started reading "The stress-eating cure" By Dr. Rachel Heller. I just started it last night.

Yeah, I'm on a kick to learn why "I can't stop eating ________ (popcorn, white chocolate, diet sodas, etc, fill in the blank)."
  • godblessourhome
    godblessourhome Posts: 3,892 Member
    Options
    I read a lot of historical fiction, The Heretic's Daughter was good, the Other Boleyn Girl and I also just finished a good one called Prayers for Sale.

i also enjoyed 'the other boleyn girl'. have you read 'plain jane' by laurien gardner? excellent.
  • mddomain
    mddomain Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I'm currently reading Such a Pretty Fat by Jen Lancaster. Recently finished her book Bitter is the New Black and The Glass Castle by Jeannette Walls.
  • coffeegirl1998
    coffeegirl1998 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    For pleasure, I am currently reading a Jeffery Deaver book (I think it is Mistress of Justice). I LOVE his books. I was into Dean Koontz until I read Jeffery Deaver!! (He wrote "The Bone Collector" which was 1000 times better than the movie!!)

For work I am reading "Dealing with People you Can't Stand" by Dr Brinkman and Dr. Kirschner. I deal with people I cannot stand all day!! LOL But honestly, great philosophy on dealing with people in difficult situations!

<spelling edit>
  • pinbotchick
    pinbotchick Posts: 3,904
    Options
    I just finished "Me and Emma" which was recommended by LuckyLeprechaun. I enjoyed reading the story and was surprised with the ending.

Now, I'm off to listen to "Women, Food and God" by Geenen Roth. Then I'll return to "An Echo In the Bone."

Can't wait for Tuesday's release of "Sizzling Sixteen" by Janet Evanovich - my fluff summer read... She always makes me laugh.
  • Mirlyn
    Mirlyn Posts: 256
    Options
    My boyfriend started me on the Dragonlance novels! Lol! Quite interesting!

Absolutely fantastic collection of books. I got my husband into them years ago and we even named our dog Kender :P.

Currently reading: "The Subtle Knife" by Philip Pullman - 2nd book in His Dark Materials. Anxiously awaiting the next installment of The Wheel of Time to be released. Put a few books from this thread on my must read list, great thread!
  • kintegra
    kintegra Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    I just finished "Me and Emma" which was recommended by LuckyLeprechaun. I enjoyed reading the story and was surprised with the ending.

Now, I'm off to listen to "Women, Food and God" by Geenen Roth. Then I'll return to "An Echo In the Bone."

Can't wait for Tuesday's release of "Sizzling Sixteen" by Janet Evanovich - my fluff summer read... She always makes me laugh.

I can't wait for Tuesday's release either! I LOVE seeing what Stephanie is up to & dreaming about Morelli! I have turned so many of my family, friends, & coworkers into readers just because of the Plum books! :bigsmile:
  • jez838
    jez838 Posts: 216
    Options
    I've just finished Shaladors Lady by Anne Bishop. I love her books. They are quite dark and gothic but great.
    I'm giving the Virginia Andrews ghost writers another go as I've hear that the new book is good. Its called The Heavenstone secrets.
    My favourite books/Authors are Narnia, Wuthering Heights, LJ Smith , Jean M Auel, Stephanie Meyer, JKRowling, Charlaine Harris, Phillipa Gregory (Fans of Philippa and historical fiction should read Memoirs of Cleopatra by Margaret George), Kelley Armstrong, Julliet Marillier, Phillip Pullman, Michael Grant, Anne Rice, Stephen King, Jim Butcher, Douglas Adams and loads more.
  • TheMaidOfAstolat
    TheMaidOfAstolat Posts: 3,222 Member
    Options
    Pride And Prejudice by Jane Austen, this will probably be my 50th reading of the novel. I recently finished A Murderous Procession by Ariana Franklin (Mistress Of The Art Of Death series).
  • kintegra
    kintegra Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    I picked up Janet Evanovich's Sizzling Sixteen today! Gotta love the Stephanie Plum series! I read a few hours while lounging in my pool this afternoon & read 10 chapters already! So now I'm headed to bed to get a few more chapters done & calling it a day!

If anyone wants a quick, halarious read, start reading these! The first one is One for the Money! :bigsmile:
  • pinbotchick
    pinbotchick Posts: 3,904
    Options
    Just finished Sizzlin' Sixteen by Janet Evanovich - great summer beach read!!! Back to "An Echo in the Bone" by Diana Gabaldon. I am almost to the end of part 2 (of 6).. Each part is about 6 hours.
  • Melonpaul
    Melonpaul Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    Right now I am reading "Animal Farm" by George Orwell for the first time, I'm only 3 pages in :tongue:

But I just got finished reading "Luna" by Julie Anne Peters, it's about a young male who is trans-gender trying to make "her" transition into "her" true life.

I tend to browse the library without looking through the catalog, I feel it's more interesting that way. I seem to pick up something intriguing every time :happy:
  • Sweetie_Pie92
    Sweetie_Pie92 Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    I judt finished reading Infinity by Sherrilyn Kenyon!

Now I'm onto Fallen/Leviathan by Thomas E. Sniegoski.