Replies

• akasullengal
    akasullengal Posts: 1,499 Member
    Options
    I am always working on several books at once. Currently reading:

"Wuthering Heights" - going through a (re)reading of the classics phase
    "Madness" by Marya Hornbacher
    Sylvia Plath's poetry collection

and a super exciting work related book, "Cognitive-Behavioral Therapy in Groups"- haha.

Will have to think about which book to read next after I finish a couple of these. Have lots at home that I've bought but haven't gotten to yet.
  • StaciG
    StaciG Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I am reading Storm Prey by John Sandford. I have read every book in the series, there are 19 or more. Also read Iris Johansen Blood Games. Love the murder Mystery.
  • clacourse
    clacourse Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    OOH! I love threads like this... so many suggestions, so little time!

I just started "A Bride in the Bargain" by Deeanne Gist.

Before this book, I read the Mortal Instruments series by Cassandra Clare (Soooooo good!)

And I'm def. a Twihard! I will admit I am a Team Switzerland... can't choose between the two. :wink: Can't wait for Eclipse to come out!!! LOL!

BTW, does anyone own a Nook? My hubby really wants one, but we can't decide if it's worth it...
  • paige2010
    paige2010 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I just started 'Matter'. The Wasp Factory is one of my favourite books so I thought I'd try another one by Iain Banks :)
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options
    I just started reading The Christmas Sweater by Glenn Beck.
  • jenn559
    jenn559 Posts: 11
    Options
    "Lord of the flies" ugh boring.
    im on chapter 1
  • JJs25th
    JJs25th Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    "Lord of the flies" ugh boring.
    im on chapter 1

Are you reading that for a class??

I am currently in the middle of "Voices of Wounded Knee". Very interesting.
  • toots99
    toots99 Posts: 3,794 Member
    Options
    I just finished the second book of the "True Blood" series. I like the books, but I love the show so much more.
  • Chelsinicole63
    Chelsinicole63 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    The Host by Stephanie Meyer..

its kind of weird yet interesting...
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    Anyone ever read a book named "Me & Emma" ?

I'd love to discuss it with someone without spoiling it for them and nobody I know has read it.

The author is Elizabeth Flock.

PM me if you have? I have questions!! LOL
  • clioandboy
    clioandboy Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    The Bicycle Diaries by David Byrne

I lurve David Byrne and although only just starting I just know I am going to lurve the book....... wish I had seen him or talking heads live...... regrets I have a few.....lol
  • GossipG
    GossipG Posts: 4
    Options
    The Vampire Diaries .. but I prefer the Series of it..

am going to read Cecelia Ahern - The Gift
  • lzcffy
    lzcffy Posts: 5
    Options
    I am about to start reading Codependent No More by Melodie Beattie

My bestie is in marriage counseling and her therapist told her throw all of her other marriage books away and to read this one. Ive heard it is great for everyone not just those in marriage counseling. So, Im all over it as soon as I get my hands on it.
  • htebaram
    htebaram Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    One of my all time fav books! I'm currently reading "The Other Boleyn Girl" by Philippa Gregory. I love the way she writes. Just finished "The Virgin's Lover" by the same author. She makes history come alive.
  • pinbotchick
    pinbotchick Posts: 3,904
    Options
    Just finished "The Art of the Steal" by Frank Abagnale.

I just restarted "An Echo In The Bone" by Diana Gabaldon. Hopefully, I don't get side tracked and finish it. So many books, so little time (*sighs*) Thanks for all the great suggestions everyone.

If "Emma and Me" is on audio, I may try it just so we can talk. You have me intrigued.
  • alexwalper
    alexwalper Posts: 81
    Options
    I just started The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy by Douglas Adams :). Yay for giant box sets at Barnes and Noble!
  • twilliams94
    Options
    The Lost Symbol, the latest novel by Davinci Code author Dan Brown. Almost finished I thought it was pretty good but Deception Point was better I read that in one day and it was 700 pages couldn't put that one down.
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options
    Just fnished The Christmas Sweater by Glenn Beck, now I've started on Common Sense by Glenn Beck.
  • Vallandingham
    Vallandingham Posts: 2,177
    Options
    MFP message board.
  • amymeenieminymo
    amymeenieminymo Posts: 2,394 Member
    Options
    I just finished Kay Hooper's "Blood Sins" and will read "Blood Ties" when it comes out in paperback.
    So now I started Dean Koontz "Your heart belongs to me".

I love Dean Koontz but I have to say "Your heart belongs to me" was not one of my fav's. How do you like it?