If MFP were a car forum...

Options
123457»

Replies

• neandermagnon
    neandermagnon Posts: 7,436 Member
    Options
    is it possible to improve the performance of my car if I put less than 1200ml petrol in the tank each day?

also, my friend said I should drive on the motorway, but I'm scared my car will get bulky so I've only ever driven at 50mph in the slow lane. However another friend said I have to drive in the fast lane for it to have any effect. I'm scared to drive in the fast lane, I don't think my car's engine is big enough and I'm scared it'll get bulky.
  • darrensurrey
    darrensurrey Posts: 3,942 Member
    Options
    How often do you check your MPG?
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    Q: What's the best way to train my car for the Indy 500?

A: Garage to 500 Miles.
  • MorgueBabe
    MorgueBabe Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    I was thinking of getting pure crude oil and straining it... I just saw this Documentary called "Large, Broken, and Almost at the Scrap Yard". Does anyone want to go on a 14 day Gasoline Strike with me?
  • neandermagnon
    neandermagnon Posts: 7,436 Member
    Options
    Cars are not adapted to run on fossil fuels. They are not natural fuels for cars.

Cars should only be run on pure canola oil.
  • ricklperry
    Options
    20aw9sp.jpg
    Do I have to enter this into my log?
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    Has anyone ever filled their gas tank with epoxy instead of gasoline? I want to hear from others who have tried this. I hear it trains your car not to rely on gasoline. I only want to hear from others who have tried this.
  • iulia_maddie
    iulia_maddie Posts: 2,780 Member
    Options
    Since i've started on my road trip my front tires deflated. Ladies, any of you had that issue?
  • mcflat29
    mcflat29 Posts: 2,159 Member
    Options
    Cars are not adapted to run on fossil fuels. They are not natural fuels for cars.

But coconut is the new fad, can I use that instead?
  • Redbird99ky
    Redbird99ky Posts: 305 Member
    Options

But coconut is the new fad, can I use that instead?

Click and Clack said on Car Talk that coconut is only recommended by quack hype pitchmen, and that it will clog your injectors and your catalytic converters. I wouldn't do it.
  • Lleldiranne
    Lleldiranne Posts: 5,516 Member
    Options
    Bump …

[-er cars]
  • SwimFan1981
    SwimFan1981 Posts: 1,430 Member
    Options
    You guys have surpassed my expectations in cracking me the hell up!

By the way, I just got a FR from somebody and they have nothing but hot little exotic sports cars in their friends list. Think they're just a friend collector / creeper?

:laugh:
  • stumblinthrulife
    stumblinthrulife Posts: 2,558 Member
    Options
    Guys only - if your friend came to pick you up and was naked would you -

a. strip naked and get in the car
    b. get in the car, but stay fully clothed
    c. get a different ride
    d. call a cab

(hat tip to - http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/891865-what-do-you-wear-to-bed-guys-only?hl=what+do+you+wear+to+bed)
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    I put my car for sale on craigslist for $1200. Somebody wants to offer me $1900 for it, but I'm scared to take that much, so I will stay firm with my $1200 asking price.