200+ (Week 24) Shrinking into Summer

Options
12346»

Replies

• dixiegal2484
    dixiegal2484 Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    well i had a good day today.i got my sis-in-law and the baby (who is 2) and we went to the park and did a 3 mile walk in 45 minutes! the bad news is i am very fair skinned and it was a very sunny day. i decided to wear a sports bra and a spaghetti strap shirt. i got sun burned!!! then i told her about this site and yay! she joined. she wants to lose a little weight too. i ate better today and drank lots of water. hopefully my scale will be nice to me this weekend and i wont have to find a gun and an open window and a stampede of angry bulls( lol apparently i am more tired than i thought.) well i have to get to bed npw i have to be up in about 5 hours for work and hellmart (joy:angry::grumble: :sad: ) good night super heros. see ya tomorrow
  • pinbotchick
    pinbotchick Posts: 3,904
    Options
    Well super heroes, I am checking in today. Mr. Scale was extra nice this morning in hopes that he can come on the trip but even through he says ************drum roll************* 189 !!!!!!!!!! he still has to stay home for the weekend. I am sure after 5 days of travel and partying in Chicago, he will be mad and go up next week. We are going to visit family - so this is a fun vacation!!! There is so much to do and 8 adults so who knows what direction, I'll be going. DH has agreed to share meals with me to reduce calorie consumption... I have cut up fresh fruit and veges for snacks and am taking Greek yogurt for breakfast. I actually had DH get a cooler out of the attic - something we have never done before. So I should be pretty prepared for the trip.

So my celebration for getting 1/2 way to my goal is to party this weekend. My jogging shoes are already packed and I do plan to exercise there!!!! Gotta run and be out the door in 1/2 hour.

Yesterday my schedule changed every five min and I was able to reschedule this mornings 7:15 am client for 6 pm last night.

We woke up to snow on the ground and it's still coming down. Have a great weekend and good luck on the weigh ins. I will check-in when I can by iphone.
  • makeitallsue
    makeitallsue Posts: 3,086 Member
    Options
    Hey Super Heros....I have been having internet troubles yesterday and this morning....Hoping I can get this posted...
    have a wonderful day everyone...we, as a family are heading to the Y this morning....first time ever, not sure what to expect, but going to try everything and then we're having dinner at our favorite mexican place ,..I know I shouldn't before weigh in...but what's a girl to do....hopefully I will burn enough calories to day to off set and I'll drink so much water today that I'll be floating!
    Have a great day everyone...I'll check in later tonight...hopefully!! Hugs!!

I got kicked off before I could post the above...but I got smart and copied it before I hit post......

Pibot, sounds like a wonderful time....so happy that you hit the 180's....I so want your scale! Have fun...wishing you a safe trip!!
  • akasullengal
    akasullengal Posts: 1,499 Member
    Options
    dixiegal- congrats on the great walk- good timing as well! Sorry to hear about the sunburn though. Ouchies!

pinbot- seriously- can you ship your scale downstate to me every week? I'll ship it back to you each week! Congrats on hitting the 180s! you're doing absolutely amazing! Halfway to your goal is unbelievable! I hope you feel terribly proud of yourself, cause I sure am!! Have a great time in Chicago (great preparation btw!)- you totally deserve it.

deb- how great for family time at the Y! Fun! You'll have to let us know how it goes. Pound the water today and hopefully the sodium won't affect the weight too much tomorrow.

Scale was relatively nice to me this morning, so I'm hoping it'll hold (or go down) tomorrow. Thursdays are my bad day now at work, as I have my therapy group from 5:30-7:30, not leaving me in the mood to work out after 11 hours at work. This is the second to last session of my group, but my next group I've scheduled to be on Thursday evenings as well. I didn't want to, but it was the best time for the majority of the people who would be in it. Argh. I did exercise well this week (Sun-Wed every day for at least an hour), so I'm hoping that'll keep me okay. Did the elliptical yesterday again, even though I had planned on doing the treadmill (it was pouring outside), but all of them were taken. I did a bit of a lower resistance from Tuesday as my body was a bit tired, but still powered through the 65 minutes. Biggest Loser dad was there again- still amused.

Eating should be okay today, except I brain farted and forgot to bring lunch. I got thrown out of whack cause I brough stuff to eat a light dinner before group (which gives me the option that if I'm hungry after to eat something very tiny when I get home), and with the extra stuff, I missed the lunch portion, so I'll need to go and get something today. I'll need to think about it. As I don't plan on exercising, my caloric intake needs to be lower, so hmm... I'll need to ponder on that.

Everyond good luck on their last day before weigh-in. Last chance workout!
  • KendalBeee
    KendalBeee Posts: 2,269 Member
    Options
    My bff started c25k yesterday!!! :bigsmile: I hate to take credit, but I know its cause I started doing it which makes me feel great knowing I inspired someone to do it. She was on day 1 and I was still doing day 3 of week 1 so we were walking and jogging at the same time. It was a GREAT motivator. I took yall's advice and jogged at speeds lower than 5.5. Kept it mostly around 5.0-5.2. Might have jogged at 4.8 once or twice. It was great to see her get so excited when she finished it. That feeling of accomplishment makes you feel 10 feet tall. I only burned 300 cals in my c25k time though. Trying to not get discouraged about burning fewer cals every time I work out...I know its cause my body is getting really used to the work I'm doing and not having to work so hard. Bff and I did an hour of yoga after c25k.

You know how I made quesadillas last monday?? I FINALLY finished using it all last night! I told you there were like, 16 servings! really I think I ended up making 12 quesadillas with it though...apparently I make my quesadillas a little big. Now I gotta figure out what to make next. I'm quesadilla'd out for now. I might do Chili Mac cause I've been in the mood for pasta lately. And thats spicey pasta and so good.

I was pretty bad the past 3-4 days. Was up to 234 for a day or two and I'm back on my way down again.

You know how I signed up to do a March of Dimes walk in 2 weeks? (3.5 mile walk) My friend invited me to do a Susan G Komen walk the next Saturday and I told her yes!! She said they have a 5k but they also have a walking section too. (two different distances maybe? not sure) I told her I'd let her know how the March of Dimes walk goes to figure out which one we want to do. Our friend from high school has been fighting breast cancer for the past year or so. Its completely shocking and such an eye opener. Who would think a relatively healthy 26 year old would get breast cancer?? (She's also the skinniest of the 3 of us.)

omg a HUGE spider just came out from under my desk and was walking away from me!! :sick: :sick: :noway: omg omg omg omg I killed it and then ran away....a couple people stood up to find out what I was doing and then I heard the team lead say she also killed a spider this morning. The lady who sits in the cube next to me went and knocked on the maintenance guy's door (something no one has ever done) and asked him what he was going to do about the spiders. It was funny.

HAHA My team leader just sent out an email to the team saying she has called in a work order to have it sprayed for bugs and spiders. This is the crappy part about working on the dang first floor....all the critters come inside!
  • KendalBeee
    KendalBeee Posts: 2,269 Member
    Options
    My friends from work have now signed me up to be on their walking team. Whatever team walks the furthest wins. Not sure what the prize is, but since I'm already doing c25k and have 2 charity walks planned, I figured it'll just be one more motivator to keep me moving. :bigsmile:

SWEET! In the information pack she just gave me, it says there's a 3rd charity walk the week after the Susan Komen walk!! Could I really do 3 walks in 3 weeks?? HECK YES!!! This 3rd one is for Children's Tumor Foundation. Now I just need to find out how to sign up for it. (and how long of a walk it is) Maybe if I do that one on my own instead of with a group, I can jog it and use it as a c25k day.

ohhh this isn't just a walking competition. I get points for all exercise, for drinking 8 glasses of water a day, eating breakfast, and eating a healthy lunch (and I lose a point for eating candy or junk food lol). They are supposed to send me an email with more information about it all. This makes me excited! More accountability is really what I need right now to get back into this.
  • Laceylala
    Laceylala Posts: 3,094 Member
    Options
    WOW Pinbot!!! 185 is my first real goal. What I weighed when I first met my husband. WOOHOOO!

Kendall - that is awesome about the three walks. Go for it girl! My friend works for the American Cancer Society and coordinates the Breast Cancer relays in Portland. I've never done one but I need to do it to support her.

Deb- YUM Mexican.

Kristina - I busted my bum on the elliptical last night...did 45 minutes with my HR between 150-160 (which according to my HRM is in the high range). I "only" burned 485 cals and the whole time I kept wonderinf what your HR must be at to be burning that many cals on the thing!!! LOL

Right now its sunny although sprinkling a bit. It is amazing what a bit of sun in so many grey days will do for your happiness!
  • akasullengal
    Options
    Lacey- my calorie count might be off, as I'm going by what the machine says (with my age and weight factores in). I don't always hold onto the HRM on the machine, but when I'm really working hard it's in the 150-160 range. My HRM, when I did wear it did not say I was burning as much, so I don't know what number to really go with. The number I end up logging is still way less than what MPF says I does for that time. So who knows.

Kendal- way to go with the sign up for three walks! Way to commit, and I imagine they will serve as major motivation for you. My ramping up in cardio this week was partially because of my Almost5K run next weekend (eep.)
  • Laceylala
    Laceylala Posts: 3,094 Member
    Options
    At the end of the day as long as you are losing weight, what does it really matter if the count is off? i just wanted to challenge myself to push as hard as you are and the BL guy you are seeing zoom on that thing, and see what I came up with and thought Damn I guess I'm not pushing hard enough! LOL
  • pinbotchick
    Options
    On the road again. I just feel like singing!!!

Lacey - I agree that as long as you are losing weight, keep doing what your doing. I felt my HRM (a cheapy) was way off so I go by MFP estimates. Adzak (I think) posted a recent blog on HRM accuracy. I can't find the link easily with the iPhone but you can search for it .

Kendal - you go girl. 3 walks is great motivation. Let me know if you will be collecting money for a charity - I'd be happy to help sponser you.

Kristina - good luck on your long day. It sucks that you forgot your food.
  • makeitallsue
    makeitallsue Posts: 3,086 Member
    Options
    Kendal, Fantastic with all your walks scheduled....good for you, way to rick it girlfriend!!!! So pround of you, doing something for yourself and others....good job motivating your friend...I have been feeling good about getting my family on board...
    Kristina...the Y was a blast, they were so nice there...we were just guests but we got the MVP tour....I started with running a mile on the inside track, then we played basketball (sniff, sniff...hubby and son, kicked my and my daughter's tush 2 games in a roll). we did a circuit after that...reminded me of what I heard curves was like, a series of exercise that you did for 45 seconds and then moved on...you were finished after 25 mintues, and working all body parts...then we did all the machines...loved it...lifted a few free weights, another mile on the treadmill...(did it with hubby this time), then off for an hour swim and ended with 15 minutes in the sauna...a shower and finished...close to 4 hours, went really fast and had a great time...we did do mexican...but I brought half of mine home and I did pretty good I think, I stayed with chicken breast and beans...plus a salad...ummm...I did have 2 maragittas though....I hope the scale is nice and not to offended....hehehe

Lacey, you and I both on the pushing ourselves...we can always do a ittle more right? I have even looked past the scale showing a loss....I am beginning to feel...if I can challenge myself, then I am doing the best that I can do and that is just fantastic enough to make me smile!!'
    Speaking of a big smile...my son's PE teacher was at the Y...haven't seen her in about 9 months...she fussed over how great I looked and how much weight I had taken off...one of the first to notice a difference...made my day...especially cus she kept saying how great I looked...remember, I just came from 3+ hours of exercise, swimming and out of the sauna.....so if she thought I looked good then....maybe I look good cleaned up too...LOL
    have a great night everyone...good luck tomorrow with the scales....

Pinbot..."just can't wait to get on the road again...making music with my friends, I just can't wait to get ont he road again!"
  • pinbotchick
    Options
    Thanks Debra!!!! You made me smile. Glad you had a great time at the Y. It sounds like fun but the Margaritas sound even better!!! I could use one now. I just finished my 2 hr 15 mins as driver. We are now over half way to fun in Chi town. We had Taco Bell for dinner - it was fast and we all agreed to eat there. I walked the dog for 10 min around the parking lot. All 35 pounds of him are curled up on my lap as mom takes the wheel. I'm going to stick my nose in a book while day light lasts.
  • akasullengal
    Options
    I'll be updating with a new thread later this evening and will let y'all know.

Deb- I just had to comment and say WOW to your amazing day of exercise! That's fantastic AND it sounded like fun! The Mexican sounded good as well.. haha.

My day went well overall. Group was just fine and dandy. Well, this season was about their depression, so it wasn't very happy go lucky, but it went well.
  • spfraser
    spfraser Posts: 17
    Options
    Sorry I haven't been on much this week- it's been crazy. But good luck to everyone weighing in tomorrow... I am hoping to see some results as I have been super good this week. If not, I just might take a sledgehammer to my scale and a Reece Peanut Butter Cup Blizzard to my diet. Good Luck!!!:wink:
  • cds2327
    cds2327 Posts: 439
    Options
    Hi all!! just wanted to check in. still don't have internet access all the time probably next week sometime.
    trying to do good, but eating on the road is never super easy.
    as for my weigh in .....just leave me with a ? for tomorrow. I'll do my best to post, but no promises!!

hope your all doing well, i'll check in again when I can!!
  • akasullengal
    Options
    Thanks for checking in Carolyn. I hope the trip is going well.

It's that time of the week.

:drinker: :drinker: :drinker: NEW THREAD Y'ALL!! :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:
    See "200+ (Week 25) Shrinking into Summer"

DO NOT REPLY TO THIS THREAD ANYMORE