maybe it's time to be serious... 30 Day Shred anyone?

Options

Replies

• nolachick
    nolachick Posts: 3,278 Member
    Options
    hey ladies! i havent shredded in almost a week and i feel like crap. need to get back on. I too will start over at D1L1 in hopes of getting back into the groove of things.
  • trina33
    trina33 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    OK ladies. Today is Sunday--it's the start of a new week. If you haven't been finding the time to excercise, try to start again today! I've been hitting the treadmill; but not shredding. I'm going to do the shred again in a few minutes and see how it goes. I guess I'll stick with level 1 so I don't get frustrated and stop doing it again. Maybe I wasn't ready for level 2.

What's going on with everyone else?
  • nolachick
    Options
    hey trina glad u decided to check in cuz i was starting to wonder where everyone went...

Well I took MAY 1ST as a new beginning and started shredding again! Today I'm on L1D2 and will try to stick to it this time!

anyone else back to shredding?
  • trina33
    Options
    Hey there nolachick! I hope it's not just me and you!! I did the shred yesterday, as promised. I'm on an every-other-day schedule, so I'll be doing it again tomorrow. I went back to level 1 and I think I'll stick with that for a while longer. Let me know when you get around to L2 and maybe I"ll try again. Keep it up!!
  • BGent
    BGent Posts: 112
    Options
    Hi, I just started 30 Day Shred yesterday. Can I join your group? :flowerforyou:
  • nolachick
    Options
    Welcome BGent! We would love more shredders on here. and I think the title is very suiting - IT'S TIME TO GET SERIOUS! :angry:

tRINA! GLad I'm not the only one back to shredding. are u doing anything else on ur days off? I know the shred can be a bit much when done every single day so I don't blame u for alternating. the most I have done in a row is 3x and then I have to take a break. Will try to make it thru to atleast 4 this time!

Will probably hit up level 2 on Saturday. Whad'ya think?
  • BGent
    Options
    I feel so sore, when I start working out after a long break I expect to be sore but it hurts to move. I don't even want to think about having to go up the stairs to go to sleep tonight :sad: Should I really workout tonight or let my body recover?
  • MFT2010
    MFT2010 Posts: 122
    Options
    just got the 30 day shred! yikes I'm nervous gonna do it now :)
  • BGent
    Options
    Sorry if I caused you to be nervous. :embarassed: I'm sure your workout will be much better, I haven't worked out since March so I just trying to get back into the swing of things. I did enjoy it yesterday...just very sore today.
  • trina33
    Options
    Ok, just finished the shred again this morning, and feeling very proud of myself for doing it even though I got up late and thought about waiting until later. Every time I say I'll do it in the evening, I don't do it at all.

Nolachick--On my days off I have been getting on the treadmill and walking/running. I have never been a runner and I'm trying to work up to it a little at a time. I can't run for more than 5 minutes at a time; but it's a start.

Welcom BGent and MFT 2010! We are trying to keep each other going and have all started and stopped a few times; but the important part is to get back on track each time. Glad to have some extra support!!
  • nolachick
    Options
    Ok, just finished the shred again this morning, and feeling very proud of myself for doing it even though I got up late and thought about waiting until later. Every time I say I'll do it in the evening, I don't do it at all.

Nolachick--On my days off I have been getting on the treadmill and walking/running. I have never been a runner and I'm trying to work up to it a little at a time. I can't run for more than 5 minutes at a time; but it's a start.

Welcom BGent and MFT 2010! We are trying to keep each other going and have all started and stopped a few times; but the important part is to get back on track each time. Glad to have some extra support!!

you said it girl! no one is perfect but its important not to give up. This is a personal challenge to stick to the shred this time cuz I always give up at level 2. haven't even seen level 3 yet! I'm planning on shredding atleast 21 days out of this month!

welcome LADIES! no need to be scared....Jillian will kick your butt for your own good and y ou'll be thanking her after!
  • BGent
    Options
    I worked out with Jillian today! :happy: Since there was a day in between do I start back at D1L1 or is it D2L1? Either way it felt really good to try it again and my arms feel much better now than they did before the workout. Hope everyone has had a good day!

Trina33 & Nolachick—Thanks for the warm welcome, it helps to know that this will get easier if I just keep at it. :wink:
  • trina33
    Options
    BGent--I think you can still consider your workout to be day 2. I'd only call it starting over if you let a bunch of days go by without doing it. I only do it every-other-day as it is.

I've been sticking to the workout schedule I made and now I have to focus on my eating habits. Baby steps, right? I always start out the day with a great breakfast and things go downhill from there. Today, I'm making the extra effort to track what I eat, and stay within my calories.

Have a great Wednesday!
  • BGent
    Options
    BGent--I think you can still consider your workout to be day 2. I'd only call it starting over if you let a bunch of days go by without doing it. I only do it every-other-day as it is.

I've been sticking to the workout schedule I made and now I have to focus on my eating habits. Baby steps, right? I always start out the day with a great breakfast and things go downhill from there. Today, I'm making the extra effort to track what I eat, and stay within my calories.

Have a great Wednesday!

Yay, I am going to workout tonight...I can't believe I am looking forward to my workout! I have had a bunch of energy today, I love it.

Baby steps is the best way to go.

I made a hugh pot of tomato vegetable on Sunday so I have been bringing my lunch and snacks to work this week. I hope I can keep doing that, having it ready to go with out any prep helps out a lot.
  • asltiffm
    asltiffm Posts: 521 Member
    Options
    Can I join in too?

Almost a year ago, I started watching Biggest Loser and bought all the Biggest Loser workout DVD's and all 3 of Jilian's DVD's. My DH had moved cross country a couple months ahead of me so I had a lot of time. I was working out to the videos about 2 hours a day as well as walking my dogs for 2+ hours a day and biking. I have only ever felt that fit once before in my life. Once my DH and I were living in the same house again, I stopped working out and biking. I gained 12 of the 15 lbs I had lost back. I made a resolution this new year's to workout to the videos 3 times a week. I managed to do it 5 times a week for 3 weeks. I was on level 2 (though had previously worked up to level 3 before the move). I came down with a really bad cold and so I stopped working out...and once I got better I just never started it back up. I love JM's workouts! Nothing has ever done so much good in getting me in shape. I fit into pants I had put in a box years ago. I also made a resolution to be able to do one pullup by the end of the year. I accomplished that and am working on doing two in a row. :o)
  • nolachick
    Options
    Welcome Asltiffm!

Good news is you already went through it and you already know the good that comes from following your workout plan and you already know that it yields good results! now it's time to do it! we are all here to support each other. I will get back on level 1 tomorrow as i wasnt able to workout yesterday and possibly not today.
  • trina33
    Options
    The only reason I got up and worked out with Jillian this morning was so that I could post that I did it. Thanks for forcing me to get moving everyone!!!

How is everyone else doing?
  • asltiffm
    asltiffm Posts: 521 Member
    Options
    Ok, you did it. You motivated me to start working out again. It burned as much as I remember and I'm sweaty but I feel good. It's been since late January since I last worked out and I feel it. But I have been working on doing pull ups and chin ups so that has made my arms stronger and for the first time, I did 10 unmodified pushups in the very first circuit...but then I had to do the next set modified. I only had to stop twice during the last abs circuit. I wasn't using weights though. I forgot I needed them. I'll have to grab them for tomorrow.

Thanks for getting me started again.
  • ebickford
    ebickford Posts: 5
    Options
    I am getting it ASAP! I want to join in the fun too!
  • BGent
    Options
    Worked out tonight, feels good. That is L1D3 and excited to go again. I think I am going to make sure to do some kind of activity every day even if it is just a cardio DVD, just something to get my butt moving.

asltiffm - Hello :) I was wondering how long it took you to move up to two hours? Was that with Jillian DVDs only? Just curious how long I should only do Shred before adding other workouts. Thanks!