What cereal?

Options

Replies

• runningwild00
    Options
    I really like Kashi (toasted berry crumble is my favorite). I mix it with yogurt....very yummy way to start the day!
  • RobinvdM
    RobinvdM Posts: 634 Member
    Options
    070617206096.jpg

90 cals per serving, 5g fiber, 1g fat, 190mg sodium, 5g sugar, 2g protein, 25% vit c

And if that isn't a good enough reason for you, Barbara’s supports the project which aims to help restore puffins to their historic resting ground off the coast of Maine.
  • AllonsYtotheTardis
    AllonsYtotheTardis Posts: 16,947 Member
    Options
    cheerios or steel-cut oats.
  • Bob314159
    Bob314159 Posts: 1,178 Member
    Options
    I don't allow cereal in my plan that much it's too easy to eat too large portions, I have wheatabix once week, sometimes some plain uncooked oats with skim milk. If I want to cheat I have Trix -- you can smell the sugar fumes - not so bad with a small serving and I find I can avoid taking seconds.
  • sunnyside1213
    sunnyside1213 Posts: 1,205 Member
    Options
    Plain oatmeal (no packets) or cherrios. I can't eat wheat.
  • Hadabetter
    Hadabetter Posts: 942 Member
    Options
    Total brand cereal, half a banana, skim milk!
  • greatmom2
    greatmom2 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I like Honey Bunches of Oats with Almonds and use skim milk.
    3/4 a cup with 1/2 cup milk is one serving although some mornings if I'm really hungry, I will double the cereal serving to 1 1/2 cups with still the 1/2 cup milk.
    The cereal is 130 calories per serving and the milk is 40 calories for 1/2 cup, so 1 serving would total 170 or 2 servings as I described totals 300.
    I have water for my drink so no extra calories there.
  • TheNewDodge
    TheNewDodge Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    Eats eggs
  • SStrauss79
    SStrauss79 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Kashi toasted Berry Crumble or Kashi Backberry Hills. Toasted Berry Crumble has as much protein as an egg. Both are high in fiber, low in calories, and delicious in taste
  • Rockytop_relic
    Rockytop_relic Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    Not real low in calories but Bear Naked(cereal) is awesome.
  • SStrauss79
    SStrauss79 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    How about this wonderful alternative to cereal?

In a cereal bowl place:

1 apple (I like green apples myself) cut into bite sized pieces
    1/2-1 banana sliced
    1/8 c. raisins
    1/4 c. crushed almonds
    dash of cinnamon
    dash of nutmeg
    drizzle of maple syrup
    almond milk

Yum! Have you tried it warm?
  • never124get
    Options
    Right now I'm eating Cinnamon Life...I love regular Life cereal just on it's own but the cinnamon one is delicious. I usually eat about 3/4 cup and it has 90 calories and about 1.5 grams of fiber in that serving. Usually that pretty much fills me up for the morning or I add in some banana, strawberries, blackberries, or blueberries and I use Pure Almond Milk (the vanilla flavored one) And 8 oz or 1 cup is 90 calories. :happy: It's super yummy.
  • cindygretz
    Options
    Fiber one 80 calorie chocolate or honey, 3/4 cup serving

80 Calories
    25 Carbs
    40 Calcium
    10 Fiber
    1 fat
    1 protein
  • tiffanympm
    Options
    I watch sugars. Regular cheerios... only. Multigrain cheerios has more sugar per serving than cookie crisp. I also do REGULAR rasin bran.

I use almond milk because of lactose problems but whatever else would be fine.
  • dave4d
    dave4d Posts: 1,155 Member
    Options
    cherrios, captain crunch, fruity pepples, honeycomb.

And Lucky Charms.

You can't forget Lucky Charms.

I love Lucky Charms.

Lately I've been eating Chocolate Marshmallow Mateys. I prefer them to chocolate Lucky Charms. They are basically Coco puffs with marshmallows. The days I eat them are usually the only days I reach MFP's iron recommendations. Unfortunately, they aren't very high in fiber.

I didn't really care for the Fiber One cereals as cereals, but they make an awesome healthy pie crust.
  • greenfalls107
    greenfalls107 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I eat frosted Mini wheats, without milk. Sounds goofy, but with a cup of coffee and the different flavors of frosted mini wheats is gives me the "snacking" feeling (like eating chip, one piece at a time) and for 24 biscuits is 190 calories. Perfect for slow enjoyment or late day snacking. I am all about making better choices, not eating like a rabbit and feeling hungry all the time. On a plus side, frosted mini wheats is high in fiber so you feel full.
  • calamity71
    calamity71 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Kashi because it is high in fiber and protein for cereal. The protein actually keeps me satisfied. Also....I do measure out that one cup because it is to easy to over estimate a serving.

Oatmeal (not packets) and add some protein is great too.
  • Skeebee
    Skeebee Posts: 740 Member
    Options
    I think Cheerios is probably your best bet for a healthy cold cereal - and you can't go wrong with good old fashioned oatmeal - not the instant packets!!

^THIS. :drinker:
  • Car0lynnM
    Car0lynnM Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    I like Aldi Fit & Active Vanilla Almond. It's low enough in calories (about 120 per serving) that I usually pour a bit more than a serving, and use almond milk, which is also low in calories and packed with nutrition. I also like steel cut oatmeal, but after I add my butter, brown sugar and almonds, it's not so low calorie. :laugh:
  • Yogi_Carl
    Yogi_Carl Posts: 1,906 Member
    Options
    Porridge oats soaked overnight with plantmilk and a dash of brown sugar. I would prefer a sprinkle of sultanas instead of sugar - but I can't keep my hands of them in between meals so I don't buy them!