Anyone have a date they want to lose weight by?

Options
For me, I have a goal to lose 30 pounds total by June 30th when I leave for Guatemala. Does anyone else have a special date that they want to get thinner by?

Replies

• blmiller22
    blmiller22 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    30 Pounds by May 15th! My hubby comes home from deployment sometime in May and our vacation is the 15th! :D
  • alilarmour
    Options
    Yes but it keeps changing as I keep failing! First it was a charity ball I organised last November. Them I switched I to 16th march when I'm off on a girls trip. Now that's not gonna happen so it's just to be slim by summer! I may need to book a holiday to have an actual date!!! Both previous goal dates were pretty big occasions and good incentives I thought but I'm just so easily led astray :-(
  • oh_em_gee
    oh_em_gee Posts: 887 Member
    Options
    30 Pounds by May 15th! My hubby comes home from deployment sometime in May and our vacation is the 15th! :D

How exciting! Good luck to you
  • oh_em_gee
    Options
    Yes but it keeps changing as I keep failing! First it was a charity ball I organised last November. Them I switched I to 16th march when I'm off on a girls trip. Now that's not gonna happen so it's just to be slim by summer! I may need to book a holiday to have an actual date!!! Both previous goal dates were pretty big occasions and good incentives I thought but I'm just so easily led astray :-(

I've done that in the past, but this time I'm really trying to stay motivated. It's just time for me to tackle this, I guess
  • curvynblonde
    curvynblonde Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    I want to lose 62 pounds by july 14th which is my 34th birthday. That will put me at 199.
  • originalkazila
    Options
    June 2014 it the first weight goal date I have. Before then I want to run a 5k (or two). I've given myself lots of time 'cause I want to lose around 60 pounds total and get into marathon shape.
  • mikegl1
    mikegl1 Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    Had July 8th as mine. How hurt, so I guess that is on hold.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    Weight loss isn't linear...so time sensitive goals can be very frustrating. My time sensitive weight loss goals are very generic...too many variables....plateaus...etc. My time goals are basically, by such and such a date I want to be more awesome than I am today.
  • oh_em_gee
    Options
    June 2014 it the first weight goal date I have. Before then I want to run a 5k (or two). I've given myself lots of time 'cause I want to lose around 60 pounds total and get into marathon shape.

That's when I hope to reach my UGW, for a total of 70 pounds lost
  • oh_em_gee
    Options
    I want to lose 62 pounds by july 14th which is my 34th birthday. That will put me at 199.

Good luck, that's a huge goal
  • seif0068
    seif0068 Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    June 22nd! My 29th birthday, and - if I get selected in the lottery - my first half marathon! I started in September and have lost 20 pounds so far. My goal is to lose between 30 and 40 (initial goal is 30 - then I will reevaluate and see what my body looks/feels like and adjust from there).
  • oh_em_gee
    Options
    Weight loss isn't linear...so time sensitive goals can be very frustrating. My time sensitive weight loss goals are very generic...too many variables....plateaus...etc. My time goals are basically, by such and such a date I want to be more awesome than I am today.

That's true, but otoh I'm more motivated by time goals. If I don't make it, it won't be the end of the world, but I will have tried
  • PhotogirlTX
    PhotogirlTX Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    My time goals are basically, by such and such a date I want to be more awesome than I am today.

^^^^ This

I've given myself a year to lose weight... however, I know that I won't make my goal by then as that would mean I would have to continue to lose 2 pounds a week until the end of October, and that isn't possible. So my goal is to be better off then than I am NOW! Whatever weight I shall be will be much better than the weight I was when I started on December 3rd. Especially if I continue to be committed and focused as I am today. There are some things along the way that I am looking forward to, and I am setting several short term goals.. but as my final long term goal.. just to be healthier than I was yesterday!
  • sofielein
    sofielein Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    I gave myself June to be at least in the normal BMI range but looks like I'm overachieving.. I am already at 25.9 :smile:
  • heath5913
    Options
    Mine is relatively soon...I have a family holiday at the start of April and a surf holiday in June so I definitely need to tone up muy pronto! It's great motivation to have a goal to work towards I find, so long as you carry on with the good habits afterwards. Good luck with your goals :)
  • FiftyandGettingBetter
    Options
    I'm affraid to say....you all might keep me accountable. lol

185lb by April 30th.
  • NaomiJFoster
    NaomiJFoster Posts: 1,450 Member
    Options
    I have a physical scheduled in April. I'd like to be down 20 pounds from where I was at my last physical last April. So far, I'm down 13, so I might make it. I'll be close anyway.
  • angmarie28
    angmarie28 Posts: 2,801 Member
    Options
    my last birthday, nov. 15th, but i fell off the wagon, so just by summer
  • faithchange
    faithchange Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    I started my overall weight loss journey June 20, 2010 and originally the goal was to just lose a lot by my 20th HS Reunion a year later. I did lose over 50lbs that year. I actually got down 72 lbs lost this past Oct. I gained 13 back :( So, I want to meet my end goal of 150lbs or even 155lbs by June 11, 2013 (my 40th birthday). I have 23-27lbs to lose from now until then.
  • foodfathought
    foodfathought Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I'm on a 500 day challenge to lose weight - my end date is June 21 2014, provided I've calculated correctly! I have just under 70lbs to lose.