The Walking Dead~

Options

Replies

• ChristiH4000
    ChristiH4000 Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    My favorite walker death of the night was when Darrell shut the trunk of the car on the walker's head and it exploded blood everywhere. Totally awesometastic!
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    Daryl is replacing Shane as my favorite character. Sucks to lose Axel; I was kinda hoping for a bit a rival with him and Daryl over Carol.

Yes! So was I

Haven't read the comic book, but a co-worker has and loves to tell me all the little details of what he thinks they will do next. I was kind of surprised the way they ended Axel because he was supposed to be a bit more dastardly than he was letting on.
  • morningmud
    morningmud Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    My favorite walker death of the night was when Darrell shut the trunk of the car on the walker's head and it exploded blood everywhere. Totally awesometastic!

Yes!!! And then when the car ran it over.
  • anna32aries
    anna32aries Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I like Merle more than I like Andrea...she needs to STFU more than Merle does...lol.
  • paleo_caveman
    Options
    I love the show! but I have never watched The Talking Dead, is it any good? I think the host is from that old MTV show SIngled out?
  • moosegt35
    moosegt35 Posts: 1,296 Member
    Options
    Rick is not dying anytime soon.. Your just seeing a guy crack after he lost his wife, dozen of people that put their lives in his hands, as well as people he had to kill that were still alive.. He doesn't want to lead anymore but its pretty obviously with Glenn getting angry there isn't really anyone else to do it.

As for who was driving, I am betting it was either the chick that was on the wall that lied to Andrea about the Governor, or it was Andrea trying to earn loyalty to the governor.. I still expect her to leave and join Rick and them at the prison when the Governor really loses it in front of people.

Oh and expect plenty of main characters to die in the next few episodes if not the final episode of the season.

It's easy to suspect Andrea, but I don't think it was her. She was asking where the Governor was at. He didn't let her in on the plan. I am thinking it is Tyrese's daughter. Maybe that group joined up with the Governor after Rick turned them away.

Rick said they couldn't stay, but they hadn't left yet, had they? I was under the impression that they were still inside.
  • anna32aries
    anna32aries Posts: 52 Member
    Options

That's why he's my fave! Darrell is just awesome like that.
  • Erica_theRedhead
    Erica_theRedhead Posts: 724 Member
    Options
    I love the show! but I have never watched The Talking Dead, is it any good? I think the host is from that old MTV show SIngled out?

It is the guy form Singled Out. I loved him back then too lol. The show is funny, and I like that book club feel of describing everything at length afterwards.

Btw...Rick is still badass. I mean he was stabbing zombies in the heads with a revolver!
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options
    I want to talk about some of the less in-your-face stuff

What's going on with Carl? He is turning in to a serious Jr. Badass. He shot his Mom, he goes out killing zombies on his own, he stepped in and totally handled the whole Tyrese situation aptly...I'm kind of wondering if he's turning in to Shane jr, with Shane's coldness instead of Rick's compassion. Also, is there a Mrs Robinson romance brewing with him and Beth? She's 17 and he's what...11 or 12? Where could the writers possibly be going with that? Whatever it is, for Beth's sake she better make it something- she's a pretty expendable character at this point, she gonna die soon. I don't see how they're gong to do anything without making her look like a pedo, though.

Carol really, REALLY needs to get laid.

Do you think Morgan and Duane are going to show up at the end of this season, or the beginning of season 4 maybe? They might hold off- bringing back Merle was a pretty big bomb to drop this season already. There's also the hispanic family from the Season 1 camp- they may show back up at some point.

I'm pretty sick of Andrea and her lovesick delusions about people. I think I would like her more if she went all-in with the town and decided to take it over. I think she should kill the governor and run the town herself. I don't like her, but I don't see them killing her off anytime soon. I think she might kill the governor and become Rick's rival. That would be interesting.
  • JoeyTajzai
    JoeyTajzai Posts: 1,198 Member
    Options
    I love Ricks character, I don't know he seems so good but evil.
  • foxro
    foxro Posts: 793 Member
    Options
    So at the end of the series does Rick just wake up in the Hospital bed and it was just a dream ??
  • jbutterflye
    jbutterflye Posts: 1,914 Member
    Options
    No, Rick was a zombie all along.
  • UsedToBeHusky
    Options
    Also, is there a Mrs Robinson romance brewing with him and Beth? She's 17 and he's what...11 or 12? Where could the writers possibly be going with that? Whatever it is, for Beth's sake she better make it something- she's a pretty expendable character at this point, she gonna die soon. I don't see how they're gong to do anything without making her look like a pedo, though.

I kind of got the feeling that she is crushing on Rick. Did you not catch all the stuff she did when she handed Rick the baby? She looked in his eyes, touched his cheek, and then kissed him on the cheek. That was an awful lot of affection.
  • JoeyTajzai
    JoeyTajzai Posts: 1,198 Member
    Options
    I f***ing LOVE hating Merle. He's such an *kitten*. I'm so in love with Darryl. So so so in love. I think it's hilarious that everyone loves the redneck. We need Merle. It would be too easy without him.

I'm sort of hoping Andrea decides to become a useful human being sometime soon. Either that or she dies. I can't deal with her crap any more. Put on your big girl panties, Andrea... This is the apocalypse.

The governor is so evil. I just KNEW that truck was going to be full of zombies because that would have been the most f***ed up thing he could do. Not just kill them with a bullet to the head. No no. Not evil enough. Unleash a bunch of zombies and just watch. And laugh maniacally.

I hate that they killed Axel. He was growing on me. Poor Carol.

I think Rick snapped out of his crazy "I see dead people" phase. At least I hope so. That nonsense was too ridiculous. Lori is finally dead. Please make her go away.

I don't don't even know what to think about Glenn right now. I'm frustrated for him. He sees what needs to be done but can't make it happen because of everyone's emotions. "I almost got raped." "I don't have a leg." "The baby is hungry." "My mom is dead and my dad is crazy." "Daryl left me." "My stupid *kitten* wife is dead and haunting me." Stop crying, ya'll. Kill the zombies, fortify the prison, and take out the crazy *kitten* Governor and his minions.

Sorry, I'm obsessed.

I don't know I kinda have the feeling Lori is still a live. Either that or shes a zombie, but I dont think shes 100% dead.
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options
    So at the end of the series does Rick just wake up in the Hospital bed and it was just a dream ??

I really hope not- that would be so cheap.

But that made me think of another point I've been wondering about- the very first scene of the whole show. He drives up in his cop car, looking for gas, finds all the burned out cars and shoots the little zombie girl in the head. Chronologically, When the eff did that happen? It doesn't make sense. Before he got shot, he didn't know about the zombies- so when was it? He had the cop car after meeting up w/ Morgan when he was en route to Atlanta- did that scene take place then- after he left his hometown and headed to Atlanta?
  • Otterluv
    Otterluv Posts: 9,083 Member
    Options
    I want to talk about some of the less in-your-face stuff

What's going on with Carl? He is turning in to a serious Jr. Badass. He shot his Mom, he goes out killing zombies on his own, he stepped in and totally handled the whole Tyrese situation aptly...I'm kind of wondering if he's turning in to Shane jr, with Shane's coldness instead of Rick's compassion. Also, is there a Mrs Robinson romance brewing with him and Beth? She's 17 and he's what...11 or 12? Where could the writers possibly be going with that? Whatever it is, for Beth's sake she better make it something- she's a pretty expendable character at this point, she gonna die soon. I don't see how they're gong to do anything without making her look like a pedo, though.

I suspect more of an interest in Rick where Beth is concerned. But I do think that Carl is holding a torch for her. Carl seems to be adapting to the apolcolypse situation in really interesting ways. He does seem to be hardening, out of necessity. But, I think he's way less self-involved and much more loyal to his family group than Shane ever was.

Absolutely, poor thing could use some loving, big time.
    I'm pretty sick of Andrea and her lovesick delusions about people. I think I would like her more if she went all-in with the town and decided to take it over. I think she should kill the governor and run the town herself. I don't like her, but I don't see them killing her off anytime soon. I think she might kill the governor and become Rick's rival. That would be interesting.

Andrea is driving me crazy with her refusal to take off her rose colored glasses. I'd love it if she and Rick become rivals, but I don't think it's going to happen. She's just so weak willed right now. Maybe she'll toughen up.

Yes, Rick is getting on my nerves at the moment. But, the guy is totally entitled to a breakdown. I'd be quivering in a corner, crying like a baby if I went through 1% of what he's been dealing with. Who am I kidding, I'd have died in the first wave. I suspect that he'll straighten out, sort of.
  • terri0527
    terri0527 Posts: 678 Member
    Options
    What I wanna know is how the hell can you shoot zombies all day long with head shots but can't even take out the Gov. while he's standing there, arms spread saying shoot me if you can *kitten*?!?! :huh: :grumble:
  • UsedToBeHusky
    Options

Absolutely, poor thing could use some loving, big time.

I've been told that she hooks up with Tyrese in the comic book.
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    Why all the Merle hate, I love his character, he is truly just an @sshole from top to bottom, it's so awful it's a little funny.

Yes it is funny, he can't help that he's an @sshole. It definitely makes it entertaining. I can see the viscious circle...Merle's wanting a piece of Rick, Glenn wanting a piece of Merle and Darly playing ref. lol

Yes, he *is* funny. He's the guy you love to hate.

I dont hate Merle :(.. i do feel bad for him tho.. poor guy.

Why feel bad for him?

Because as some say we are a product of our environment and Merle and Daryl didn't have the best childhood. So to a point he can't help the way he acts.

And Daryl is a sweetheart. "Talking Dead" noted that they are a good example fo the Naturve VS Nurture debate. *shrugs*
  • akaMrsmojo
    akaMrsmojo Posts: 762 Member
    Options

I really hope not- that would be so cheap.

That would be worse than the Sopranos ending.