The Walking Dead~

Replies

• jbutterflye
    jbutterflye Posts: 1,914 Member
    What I wanna know is how the hell can you shoot zombies all day long with head shots but can't even take out the Gov. while he's standing there, arms spread saying shoot me if you can *kitten*?!?! :huh: :grumble:

^This! Was thinking that exact thing. WTF?
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    @otterluv
    <snip>I suspect more of an interest in Rick where Beth is concerned. But I do think that Carl is holding a torch for her.<snip>

Oohhhhh I like where you're going with this...they're showing some chemistry between Carl and Beth, and then she hooks up with his dad- creating a huge rift between Carl and Rick...plus, she seems to be the primary mother-substitute for Judith....interesting.
  • foxro
    foxro Posts: 793 Member
    So at the end of the series does Rick just wake up in the Hospital bed and it was just a dream ??

I really hope not- that would be so cheap.

But that made me think of another point I've been wondering about- the very first scene of the whole show. He drives up in his cop car, looking for gas, finds all the burned out cars and shoots the little zombie girl in the head. Chronologically, When the eff did that happen? It doesn't make sense. Before he got shot, he didn't know about the zombies- so when was it? He had the cop car after meeting up w/ Morgan when he was en route to Atlanta- did that scene take place then- after he left his hometown and headed to Atlanta?

I always thought they were bringing in a bit of the "Sixth Sense" the Bruce Willis movie. (spoiler - he was actually dead in limbo)
  • Great Episode! I usually download the episode on Monday and workout on the treadmill while watching it. Makes the workout go by faster and i usually step up the pace (treadmill speed) when zombies are on the screen.
  • matt2442
    matt2442 Posts: 1,259 Member
    Why is everyone saying they need to kill Merle? Hell no! He is just a lost person and needs to find his way! He joined the Governors group because he had no other choice and now he wants to get back with Ricks group because he has no other choice. He's just a lonely guy who needs some direction
  • tj1376
    tj1376 Posts: 1,402 Member
    So at the end of the series does Rick just wake up in the Hospital bed and it was just a dream ??

I really hope not- that would be so cheap.

But that made me think of another point I've been wondering about- the very first scene of the whole show. He drives up in his cop car, looking for gas, finds all the burned out cars and shoots the little zombie girl in the head. Chronologically, When the eff did that happen? It doesn't make sense. Before he got shot, he didn't know about the zombies- so when was it? He had the cop car after meeting up w/ Morgan when he was en route to Atlanta- did that scene take place then- after he left his hometown and headed to Atlanta?

That happened on the way to Atlanta that he kills the little girl. There was an episode where someone asks Rick if he has killed any of the zombies and he says he killed one - he is talking about that little girl.
  • iulia_maddie
    iulia_maddie Posts: 2,780 Member
    I've been told that she hooks up with Tyrese in the comic book.
    I am fine with that. She can't have Daryl dammit!!
    Andrea is not a big enough character to become Rick's rival in my opinion. She likes power, and will blindly follow any man who has it(Shane and now the Governor).
    Yes, Carl is doing great all things considered, still, something about his character really annoys me. Everyone on the show had some kind of totally understandable breakdown at some point, yet the kid barely shows emotion.
    Beth is not exactly disposable, since someone needs to babysit while things happen to the other characters.
    I still think Merle will die somewhat heroically saving someone.
    Oh well, if this was a show of just Daryl aimlessly wandering through the woods killing walkers for ever and ever i would still watch it.
  • akaMrsmojo
    akaMrsmojo Posts: 762 Member

Oh well, if this was a show of just Daryl aimlessly wandering through the woods killing walkers for ever and ever i would still watch it.

Only if does that topless. Otherwise, I am in for two episodes.
  • n2thenight24
    n2thenight24 Posts: 1,651 Member
    I am fine with that. She can't have Daryl dammit!!
    Andrea is not a big enough character to become Rick's rival in my opinion. She likes power, and will blindly follow any man who has it(Shane and now the Governor).
    Yes, Carl is doing great all things considered, still, something about his character really annoys me. Everyone on the show had some kind of totally understandable breakdown at some point, yet the kid barely shows emotion.
    Beth is not exactly disposable, since someone needs to babysit while things happen to the other characters.
    I still think Merle will die somewhat heroically saving someone.

So much this^^
  • babecon
    babecon Posts: 136 Member
    1) Daryl is dreamy as ****
    2) Definitely wana whack Karl around with that stupid hat
    3) Blondey chick is the SPIT of Luna from HPotz
  • magerum
    magerum Posts: 12,589 Member
    The ending was bad *kitten*! The governor is no joke! Glad to see Darryl and Merle back at the prison and Rick needs to go ....he's a simple mofo.

Rick is the ONLY character that's not going to die...it's his story...based around him. Not saying that I disagree though.

It's an ensemble story. It doesn't completely center around him, and it's also not unusual for a story to evolve over time. I mean, Star Wars wasn't just about Luke Skywalker.

True, it's actually the story of Vadar :wink:
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,228 Member
    The ending was bad *kitten*! The governor is no joke! Glad to see Darryl and Merle back at the prison and Rick needs to go ....he's a simple mofo.

Rick is the ONLY character that's not going to die...it's his story...based around him. Not saying that I disagree though.

It's an ensemble story. It doesn't completely center around him, and it's also not unusual for a story to evolve over time. I mean, Star Wars wasn't just about Luke Skywalker.

True, it's actually the story of Vadar :wink:

No... the story of Darth Vader evolved. Episodes 4, 5, & 6 were actually written first.
  • Was told that in the comics that Carl actually rapes Beth. I don't know for sure.
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,228 Member
    Was told that in the comics that Carl actually rapes Beth. I don't know for sure.

I was told it was Axel that raped her, and killed her.
  • iulia_maddie
    Was told that in the comics that Carl actually rapes Beth. I don't know for sure.

I was told it was Axel that raped her, and killed her.
    I though Beth was not even in the comics?
  • Italian_Buju
    Italian_Buju Posts: 8,030 Member
    I was really hoping that Daryl and his brother would both be dead by now *sigh*

I HATE Carl, he is such a little a*&hole

The only two people left that I like are Glenn and Hershel
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member

Glenn and Hershel? The only two? Really?
  • iulia_maddie

Pfft..
    imageszzxz_zps87d4be1d.jpg
  • Italian_Buju
    Italian_Buju Posts: 8,030 Member

Glenn and Hershel? The only two? Really?

Yeah, seriously, the show is almost losing be because of it....I can't stand Rick, Daryl and his brother, Carl, any of the ppl at the Governor's place....the black warrior, and the blonde traitor.....the rest of the cast I could care less about one way or the other....so my entire entertainment is vested in Glenn and Hershel....once I do not care about a character anymore, I lose interest in their storylines pretty quick, so I hope we get some new, normal, likeable people.....crips!

I will say that the weird scientist guy is kinda having me interested to learn more about him, but I do not know if I like him or not yet....
  • I love that show! Missed last nights episode though :(