Whats up with the "I quit" threads lately?

Options
Tons of em around in last 2 weeks.
And each every one of em makes me want to pick up slightly soggy plastic chicken toy (my cats are strange, ok?) and apply loving violence.
NEVER GIVE UP
NEVER SURRENDER
CHANGE YOUR WHOLE LIFE NOT ONLY A DIET AND TRY TO QUIT THAT
*pants angrily*

Its not about the scale results , its about the quality of your bloody life >:[

If you plateu for days and weeks , ask forums how to counter that. Metabolism can be a *****, but we are here to help.
but DO NOT GIVE UP!

I shout because I care <3

Replies

• emma155
    emma155 Posts: 152
    Options
    Someone once said somthing like: 'if you fall of the wagon, run after it and if you cant get back on wait for the next one'
    I think it means if you go major off track try to exercise or what ever to compensate or if not start again.
    Make sense?
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,473 Member
    Options
    YEAH!!! WELL SAID!
  • notworthstalking
    notworthstalking Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    well said.
  • Vailara
    Vailara Posts: 2,454 Member
    Options
    NEVER GIVE UP
    NEVER SURRENDER

By Grabthur's hammer!

Seriously, sometimes it takes people several tries before something "clicks" with them. I can tell you that this isn't my first diet attempt, but it does seem to be successful (and I had good reasons for quitting the other times). My guess is that some of the people who are quitting now will be successful when it's a better time for them.
  • WinnerVictorious
    WinnerVictorious Posts: 4,735 Member
    Options
    apparently, this is the time of the year when the New Year's Resolutioners become disenchanted because they haven't been able to lose 35lbs in 6 weeks, so they start quitting.
  • RllyGudTweetr
    RllyGudTweetr Posts: 2,019 Member
    Options
    I agree with Winner; those threads look like mid-February on a weight loss sight, around the time a subset of the Resolutionists throw their hands up in despair over not having lost 25# in the past 6 weeks.
  • tekwriter
    tekwriter Posts: 923 Member
    Options
    apparently, this is the time of the year when the New Year's Resolutioners become disenchanted because they haven't been able to lose 35lbs in 6 weeks, so they start quitting.

THIS
  • kr1stadee
    kr1stadee Posts: 1,774 Member
    Options

^^^^!!
  • Microfiber
    Microfiber Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    No more queueing for machines at the gym :laugh: :laugh:
  • kristen6022
    kristen6022 Posts: 1,926 Member
    Options
    It's February, when all the New Year's resolutionists realize this isn't easy. Or they aren't losing 10 pounds a week, like people on the Biggest Loser. So they quit, or whine about quitting.

People need to realize that this process is slow and hard and you need mental toughness and will power to get through every day. Some people just don't have it.
  • lauren3101
    lauren3101 Posts: 1,853 Member
    Options

Took the words right out of my fingers. Same thing will happen this time next year too.
  • Thechiplover
    Options
    Let them quit! I'm sick of them
  • turtlefitnessdad
    turtlefitnessdad Posts: 585 Member
    Options
    i quit..........
  • khall86790
    khall86790 Posts: 1,100 Member
    Options
    I think you get a lot of quitters this time of year because some people start after new years as a resolution and a lot of those people (NOT ALL!) end up giving up because they do it wrong or don't get over night results. Or because they gain first or hit a plateau and don't do the correct things to remedy it.
  • emsicle_o
    emsicle_o Posts: 162 Member
    Options

My thoughts exactly
  • khall86790
    khall86790 Posts: 1,100 Member
    Options
    Let them quit! I'm sick of them

Also this :)
  • jesz124
    jesz124 Posts: 1,004 Member
    Options
    Someone once said somthing like: 'if you fall of the wagon, run after it and if you cant get back on wait for the next one'
    I think it means if you go major off track try to exercise or what ever to compensate or if not start again.
    Make sense?

I love this! Running after the wagon! Brilliant!!
  • LTGPSA
    LTGPSA Posts: 633 Member
    Options
    Quitting won't help with weight loss - I don't understand why the quitters think that resuming what is already not working is their best route. It's a cop-out, in my humble opinion. I hear stuff like "this is too hard" or "I can't do this" or "I don't have time", blah blah blah, blah. Either they want it or they don't; they'll figure it out or they won't.

Anyway, all the best to everyone who is on a journey to better health and good luck to those still struggling amongst themselves.

:flowerforyou:
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    Weight loss is hard. If it were easy, everyone would do it.
  • ryanherbert
    ryanherbert Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Well said!