Whats up with the "I quit" threads lately?

Options

Replies

• Mhaney
    Mhaney Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    If you have a bad day/meal, don't make it worse by doing it again. It's like breaking your leg and saying "might as well break the other one, going to the hospital anyway!"
  • myofibril
    myofibril Posts: 4,500 Member
    Options
    Because it's February.

January: "I'm gonnnnnna do this. Just watch!"

Mid January: "zomg why isn't this cleanse working?"

Late January " You're all so meeeeean"

February: "Well sod you lot. I'm outta here fooooooools"

Next January "Hi, I've just joined again! Friend me...."
  • BrenWOW
    Options
    I JUST said that yesterday! Half my friends have disappeared!
  • Energizer06
    Energizer06 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    New Year's resolutions failing......most people give up their resolution after 4 weeks. And they think you can drop 20lbs in 4 weeks. Unrealistic goals.
  • mrsjas2000
    mrsjas2000 Posts: 908 Member
    Options
    I hace quit many times but this site is great and I have actually lost weight so this time I plan on sticking to it
  • Energizer06
    Options
    Because it's February.

January: "I'm gonnnnnna do this. Just watch!"

Mid January: "zomg why isn't this cleanse working?"

Late January " You're all so meeeeean"

February: "Well sod you lot. I'm outta here fooooooools"

Next January "Hi, I've just joined again! Friend me...."

LMAO....SO TRUE
  • BubblesxDear
    Options
    I gave up a couple of weeks ago but I am back and I'm not leaving until I've lost all the weight.
  • tj1376
    tj1376 Posts: 1,402 Member
    Options
    Let them quit! I'm sick of them

This!! I think that encouraging people is great and everyone should give a little to others, they will get back alot in return. But most of those people that are posting the I want to quit messages haven't been trying that long. So they really didnt want to change right now. Eventually they will be back.

Heck I originally joined in 2011, stayed strong for about 9 months and then gave up. In December I (figuratively) slapped myself and decided to take it seriously again. I have no desire to quit and I think reading those posts about people that do is just depressing. Wish them well and move on to new people that want help.
  • bathony
    Options
    Someone once said somthing like: 'if you fall of the wagon, run after it and if you cant get back on wait for the next one'
    I think it means if you go major off track try to exercise or what ever to compensate or if not start again.
    Make sense?

I love this! Running after the wagon! Brilliant!!
    [/quote

I agree, fantastic mantra and one that I tell myself will happen if I fall off, epic!
  • ndirish4life
    Options
    People just don't want to do the work. They want the easy, "eat what you want, exercise 20 minutes a day" solution and when they realize it's not working, well... It's time to give up apparently.
  • harvo
    harvo Posts: 4,676 Member
    Options
    I wanted to quit and people yelled at me...WHY DO PEOPLE HAVE TO BE SO MEAN....I mean I hit a plateau from going into starvation mode because I was not eating back my excercise calories and was in a deficit after my cleansing.

For the record I can not rate the person above me and my pic is my wood so I can be reated since I cannot handle it. Yes, I would date the person above the person above me and would one night stand the 2 women above Mfern..

How YOU doin...(I wish I knew how to post a pic)
  • Energizer06
    Options
    I'm sure that they just want encouragement and reassurance, but the whole childish "I quit" just makes me go:

fv9tl2.gif

If you are going to quit, do it, don't announce it to anyone. That's just attention-seeking and annoying and no one cares.

If you want encouragement or advice, ask for it. You'll get it in droves. But no one is here to baby or mollycoddle anyone else, we are all having a hard enough time with our own stuff as it is.

Holy crap! Your b4 and after photos are amazing. You need to post those on success stories. AWESOME!
  • fitfreakymom
    fitfreakymom Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    I agree...however the ppl who make the New Years resolutions usually fall off the wagon about now..especially around Valentine's Day with dining out & all that candy!!! I'm one of them...plus I really don't have have the support group I need!

sometimes you need to be your own support, my husband did not support my weightloss and would always come home with junk so I needed to be my own support group and rely on myself and as far as friends go I found freinds with similar interests . Where I live now there are 17 houses on my street and not including my pregnant friend there are only two of us women on this street that are of a healthy weight the other nine are obese and during the summer when all but two houses had women in them there was still only two of us that are at a healthy weight, sos trying to find people to hike with or talk about some form of healthy living with is next to imposible and generaly falls on deaf ears lol. One is trying very hard to get in shape and has dropped about 30 to 40 pounds since the summer but it is hard for her to workout at home because she is a single mom so she works out at work instead.So I do understand when people say they do not have alot of support because I was there and still am in some ways. So my advice to you is to just rely on yourself for support and keep moving.
  • Hellbent_Heidi
    Hellbent_Heidi Posts: 3,669 Member
    Options
    Its mid-February, so only natural that a number of the less-serious "Resolutionists" have realized that its HARD
  • Fat2FitQueen
    Fat2FitQueen Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    im a LOOSER not a QUITTER......:laugh: LMBO
  • VorJoshigan
    VorJoshigan Posts: 1,106 Member
    Options
    I wish the quitters would quit qutting.

Or if they can't do that, at least do it in silence.

If you need help, just say "I need help" DON'T announce that you're quitting so that people will pay you some attention.
  • karakreature
    karakreature Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I've lost 11 lbs. in 5 weeks. Not bad I say. Sure, I'd love to lose it all at once, but I didn't gain it all at once. It took me 15 years to get this unhealthy. It just clicked with me to lose weight, and I mean really clicked with me. Best choice I ever made! Last week was the first week I lost nothing. I didn't gain anything either so that's good. The main thing I focus on is how I feel. I FEEL GREAT!!! I don't have all the pains, back pain and lower ab pain, that I used to have. More energy, and just a positive feeling. Generally happy and excited about life. That is worth so much. Plus my clothes are feeling looser and I've lost an inch off my waist. The people I see that get discouraged because they haven't lost anything in awhile, I tell them to focus on how they feel. It works for me!
  • BeingAwesome247
    BeingAwesome247 Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options
    apparently, this is the time of the year when the New Year's Resolutioners become disenchanted because they haven't been able to lose 35lbs in 6 weeks, so they start quitting.

Perfect answer....and dead on
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    It's because it's now been 7 weeks since New Year's and they're all getting sick of having self control.
  • quirkytizzy
    quirkytizzy Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options
    It's because it's now been 7 weeks since New Year's and they're all getting sick of having self control.

I've been here for months and I'm sick of having self control, too. :( (Okay, not sick of having it. Sick of having to exercise it.) But yeah, what's the alternative? So here I am, even when I'd rather be eating brownies.