Dr Oz new diet? Anyone doing it

Options
I just saw this new dr oz diet, to loss belly fat..

Replies

• jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options
    You lose belly fat by running a calorie deficit. There are no magic foods and no magic diets. You need to quit thinking in terms of diets and start thinking in terms of calories and nutrients.
  • stephdeeable
    stephdeeable Posts: 1,407 Member
    Options
    No.

jdd_zps2371b8ab.jpg
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    no___just_no_by_innocentmarina-d4paj5d.gif
  • AbsoluteNG
    AbsoluteNG Posts: 1,079 Member
    Options
    What diet is it? I'm curious.

You should go ahead and try it. It might work for you. There is no such thing as a diet that fits all. There's only what works for you. Some people can eat 6 times a day. Others do better on intermittent fasting. Then there are those that do low carbs and high protein. What about vegans? What matters most is what works for you.
  • slroggemann
    slroggemann Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    You lose belly fat by running a calorie deficit. There are no magic foods and no magic diets. You need to quit thinking in terms of diets and start thinking in terms of calories and nutrients.

^this. deficit + exercise = fat loss.
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    tumblr_mb4p56YgHZ1rfja63o1_500.gif
  • ubermensch13
    ubermensch13 Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    tumblr_mb4p56YgHZ1rfja63o1_500.gif

David Tennant IS NOT IMPRESSED!
  • neandermagnon
    neandermagnon Posts: 7,436 Member
    Options

You should go ahead and try it. It might work for you. There is no such thing as a diet that fits all. There's only what works for you. Some people can eat 6 times a day. Others do better on intermittent fasting. Then there are those that do low carbs and high protein. What about vegans? What matters most is what works for you.

although there is also abject quackery which doesn't work for anyone
  • 714rah714
    714rah714 Posts: 759 Member
    Options
    What's he selling this time?
  • AbsoluteNG
    Options

The problem with Dr. Oz is that he does something new every single day so it can be confusing to the viewer but that doesn't mean his advice doesn't work.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,709 Member
    Options
    I'm wondering when was the last time he did an actual heart surgery.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • neandermagnon
    neandermagnon Posts: 7,436 Member
    Options

The problem with Dr. Oz is that he does something new every single day so it can be confusing to the viewer but that doesn't mean his advice doesn't work.

even a stopped clock is right twice a day

the man's a quack who promotes whatever snake oil he's paid to promote.
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options
    He's still a practicing surgeon.
  • Hellbent_Heidi
    Hellbent_Heidi Posts: 3,669 Member
    Options
    Danger-Wrong-Way-Turn-Back-300x400.jpg

Dr. Oz is not well received here...the general concensus is that he's a quack who sells out to every new "fad" diet that pays him a few bucks!
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    What about all the old dr oz diets and miracle fixes? Are they no longer valid now? :laugh:
  • theCarlton
    theCarlton Posts: 1,344 Member
    Options
    Does it come with ruby red slippers?
  • sharonKay65
    sharonKay65 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I have recently starting watching the "Dr Oz" show on occasion. It seems to me as if everyday that I have caught part or even all of his show... he has some new "miracle" or trick to losing belly fat or weight. I personally have found some of his guest to be more informative and offer healthy eating advice. My thoughts are, since he is a Cardiologist/ Surgeon does he really "need" the Registered Dieticians, etc to show him or tell him what good choices we should be making??? And you would think a Doctor, would be the first person to tell you there is no magic/miracle/trick to losing weight other than eating less and exercising more. I know my Doctor would never recommend anything other than good healthy food and exercising. I am not saying I don't like him, I just watch and if I can learn something great.... but as far as his "miracle diet pill" ad that shows up on my facebook page.... I just take that with a grain of salt. After all, I inclined to think if it were that easy, no one would be overweight.
  • strikerjb007
    strikerjb007 Posts: 443 Member
    Options

IDEA Fitness member

Not sure. But he does. He works at NY's Columbia Presbyterian. My ex was a nurse in that unit. lol.
  • DontStopB_Leakin
    DontStopB_Leakin Posts: 3,863 Member
    Options

IDEA Fitness member
    This.
  • AbsoluteNG
    Options
    I think everyone scared the op off before she had a chance to tell us the diet. It could have been legit.