AM I CRAZY?!? Starting "Total Cleanse" Today! (CDN)

Options
Anyone else doing this Program right now? I am going to need some support....

Okay - I am starting the Total Cleanse today... For those of you who do not live in South Western Ontario this is a Cleanse that delivers to your door 6 bottles of 500ml fresh pressed juice and this is ALL YOU CONSUME ALL DAY. I just had my first juice - Green Energy - and I am already feeling faint. Lol. I do not think I am actually "hungry", I just think that in my food Obsessed mind I am not "eating" unless I am "eating" solid food......

Replies

• _chiaroscuro
    _chiaroscuro Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options
    Of course you're actually hungry; your body needs food! I'm sure your mind is already made up but I would ask you to please not do this to yourself. Please just move more and don't think of food as the enemy. Please just eat at a reasonable calorie deficit, and incorporate strength training into your exercise routine. Please...seriously...I've seen so many people doing this stuff that isn't kind to their bodies nor is it sustainable...I'm just reduced to begging now. Please.
  • LaLouve_RK
    LaLouve_RK Posts: 899 Member
    Options
    Did you know that there is system cleanser that your doc can prescribe (with a good reason to want it) and you can eat while doing it!? Plus, you are sure it's safer!
  • Lyra89
    Lyra89 Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    Of course you're actually hungry; your body needs food! I'm sure your mind is already made up but I would ask you to please not do this to yourself. Please just move more and don't think of food as the enemy. Please just eat at a reasonable calorie deficit, and incorporate strength training into your exercise routine. Please...seriously...I've seen so many people doing this stuff that isn't kind to their bodies nor is it sustainable...I'm just reduced to begging now. Please.

Your body doesn't need FOOD, it needs macro and micro nutrients and it needs energy from calories...

ANYway, I'm on day two of my very own liquid diet (of maintenance calories, as I've been in weight maintenance for three years after losing 50lbs!) I'm doing it to give my digestive system a break as I ate a ton of crappy food last week and I was feeling very unwell from all the rich food choices...

For three days I'm having a large fruit smoothie for breakfast, a large protein shake for lunch and a large portion of vegetable soup for dinner, with probiotic yogurts, green teas, coffees & other shakes as snacks...(such as a spirulina shake with banana, peanut butter, manuka honey and vanilla yogurt)...I'm finding it very easy, just because I was so sick of eating and eating and eating last week, I was craving that empty feeling!

Not hungry in the slightest as I'm making sure to hit all my macro requirements as well as my calorie requirements. If low on fat, I add a little flaxseed oil or olive oil to my soup...low on protein, add an extra scoop of protein powder etc...I'm also taking lots of supplements like cod liver oil, multivitamins and fiber supplements.

I needed to do this to kickstart my healthy habits again!

Only do a cleanse if you intend on eating a healthy diet when you are finished, otherwise you'll end up right back where you started and you'll have wasted your time.
  • BurtHuttz
    BurtHuttz Posts: 3,653 Member
    Options
    Oh, this is an unfortunate situation. You've already committed to this program. If you'd have sought impartial and unbiased feedback first you may have saved some money.

If you can cancel, please do so. This will not clean you nor help you lose weight.

I am not trying to be unsupportive but a simple caloric deficit over time will enable you to painlessly reach your goals (it's true!)

There isn't a single success story out of the thousands here https://www.myfitnesspal.com/forums/show/15-success-stories that is based on juices, cleanses, etc.

I'm genuinely sorry.
  • ubermensch13
    ubermensch13 Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    cleanses do nothing to cleanse anything......make healthy food choices if you don't like liquid diets.
  • BurtHuttz
    BurtHuttz Posts: 3,653 Member
    Options
    Your body doesn't need FOOD, it needs macro and micro nutrients and it needs energy from calories...

You are providing bad advice. A big red flashing warning sign should go off when anyone reads the above sentence. Please just think about that.
  • _chiaroscuro
    _chiaroscuro Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options

ANYway, I'm on day two of my very own liquid diet (of maintenance calories, as I've been in weight maintenance for three years after losing 50lbs!) I'm doing it to give my digestive system a break as I ate a ton of crappy food last week and I was feeling very unwell from all the rich food choices...

For three days I'm having a large fruit smoothie for breakfast, a large protein shake for lunch and a large portion of vegetable soup for dinner, with probiotic yogurts, green teas, coffees & other shakes as snacks...(such as a spirulina shake with banana, peanut butter, manuka honey and vanilla yogurt)...I'm finding it very easy, just because I was so sick of eating and eating and eating last week, I was craving that empty feeling!

Not hungry in the slightest as I'm making sure to hit all my macro requirements as well as my calorie requirements. If low on fat, I add a little flaxseed oil or olive oil to my soup...low on protein, add an extra scoop of protein powder etc...I'm also taking lots of supplements like cod liver oil, multivitamins and fiber supplements.

Only do a cleanse if you intend on eating a healthy diet when you are finished, otherwise you'll end up right back where you started and you'll have wasted your time.

Yeah. Okay. I just can't anymore. Good luck on your journey.
  • dowesney
    dowesney Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    You will likely loose a large amount of weight quickly while you are on the cleanse. You will also feel miserable and likely sick the whole time. Don't be surprised if you get bad headaches, too. When the cleanse is over, chances are you will gain back all weight lost plus some. Unless otherwise by a doctor, cleanses are rarely a good idea. Sorry. For your health, I also beg you to reconsider.
  • trogalicious
    trogalicious Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options
    cleanses do nothing to cleanse anything......make healthy food choices if you don't like liquid diets.
    yup. get ready to hang out in the bathroom a lot... and don't be shocked when you regain whatever you lose on this "super-mazing-ultimate-colon-scrubbing-miracle-diet-food-fast" garbage.
  • AJ_Pete
    AJ_Pete Posts: 863 Member
    Options
    To answer your question in the title.....

Yes.
  • sasab904
    sasab904 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    If you want a good "Cleanse" check out the Beachbody Ultimate Reset. I know many people that have done this and I plan on doing this in a few months. It gives you everything that you need to eat clean. You actually eat food, not just shakes.
  • Jacwhite22
    Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,012 Member
    Options
    If you want a good "Cleanse" check out the Beachbody Ultimate Reset. I know many people that have done this and I plan on doing this in a few months. It gives you everything that you need to eat clean. You actually eat food, not just shakes.

good cleanse is an oxymoron.

M.F.P. Hottest Person/M.F.P. Most awesome person
    Ice cream afficionado
    "Winning" Certified Instructor
    Been in gifs for 2 years and have studied custom gif creation
    jac-mr-mfp-o.gif
  • Iron_Feline
    Iron_Feline Posts: 10,750 Member
    Options
    $45 A DAY MINIMUM!!!! - yes you are crazy.

you have a "cleanse" system - it's called your body.

Save your money - eat healthy for a month and you will look and feel better than you will after this claptrap. :noway:
  • AJ_Pete
    AJ_Pete Posts: 863 Member
    Options

Or you can just go to the grocery store and buy fresh, healthy food.

They, too, give you everything you need to eat clean.
  • determinedbutlazy
    determinedbutlazy Posts: 1,941 Member
    Options
    Your body doesn't need to be "cleansed" of anything.
    Just eat healthy food at a moderate deficit.

tumblr_mdecq093NM1rfcz1jo1_500.png
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options

ANYway, I'm on day two of my very own liquid diet (of maintenance calories, as I've been in weight maintenance for three years after losing 50lbs!) I'm doing it to give my digestive system a break as I ate a ton of crappy food last week and I was feelings very unwell from all the rich food choices...

Yeah. Okay. I just can't anymore. Good luck on your journey.

deskflip_zps24f0588f.gif
  • Iron_Feline
    Iron_Feline Posts: 10,750 Member
    Options
    All these expensive detox programmes remind me of the travelling salesman in old westerns etc who sell snake oil, and cure everything tonic :laugh:

They are just the modern day equivalent, a total rip off and the salesman laughing at the idiocy of everyone.
  • LaLouve_RK
    LaLouve_RK Posts: 899 Member
    Options
    LOL funny... some thinks they are doctors here... LOL
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options

Your body actually does need FOOD. Your digestive system functions by smooth muscle contracting to push through solid waste. If you do a liquid diet too long you actually get nutrient absorption issues because the digestion products aren't spending enough time in the right places, and you risk muscular atrophy in your digestive system which can turn in to serious, long term digestive problems. Believe it or not, your digestive system doesn't need "breaks" it keeps fit by constantly working.
  • Crankstr
    Crankstr Posts: 3,958 Member
    Options
    Anyone else doing this Program right now?

No