AM I CRAZY?!? Starting "Total Cleanse" Today! (CDN)

Options

Replies

• jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    Stop listening to all these people here...If you want to do a cleanse go for it...see the results and then make your own judgement...there's nothing wrong with it...I've done cleanses before...All i ate was raw fruits and veggies...steam veggies and drank the broth...I felt good..I lost wieght and didnt gain anything back

*sigh*

Yes, please don't listen to all these people here. Do it despite the overwhelming response advising against it. (Besides, it's probably just a case of all of these people just not wanting you to be happy and healthy...that's the most likely reason they're so opposed to the idea...right?)

But I have a favor to ask of OP (and all future potential posters with similar thread titles): if you decide to go through with something like this that most people advise against, then do everyone a favor and take detailed notes on your experience. Then come back in a month or two or twelve and share your findings. MFP would be an even more wonderfully valuable place if every OP of a thread like this would simply give a one-year update.
  • iAMsmiling
    iAMsmiling Posts: 2,394 Member
    Options
    Stop listening to all these people here...If you want to do a cleanse go for it...see the results and then make your own judgement...there's nothing wrong with it...I've done cleanses before...All i ate was raw fruits and veggies...steam veggies and drank the broth...I felt good..I lost wieght and didnt gain anything back

*sigh*

Yes, please don't listen to all these people here. Do it despite the overwhelming response advising against it. (Besides, it's probably just a case of all of these people just not wanting you to be happy and healthy...that's the most likely reason they're so opposed to the idea...right?)

But I have a favor to ask of OP (and all future potential posters with similar thread titles): if you decide to go through with something like this that most people advise against, then do everyone a favor and take detailed notes on your experience. Then come back in a month or two or twelve and share your findings. MFP would be an even more wonderfully valuable place if every OP of a thread like this would simply give a one-year update.

^^ This. It'd be great to collect some data on the experiences of the cleanse folks.

Also, we'd have to be a bunch of really twisted people here to go around opposing something we thought WOULD work for you. Doesn't it make more sense that most everyone here actually wants you to succeed and be healthy? If you assume otherwise, I'm sorry for the types of people you've been exposed to in the past.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    Oh dear!
  • LiftAllThePizzas
    LiftAllThePizzas Posts: 17,857 Member
    Options
    I don't think you will find many people for whom, "admiration for the value of data collection" and "believing in cleanses" both apply.
  • hcgbeck
    Options
    Crazy? No way! While getting juice delivered to you seems a bit extravagant for me ( I juice at home with a juicer and fresh veggies/fruits) If its convenient for you then great! Ive been on juice fast/cleanse for 9 days so far. And guess what... 19 pounds lighter, with brighter skin, longer hair and nails and tons of energy. 19 POUNDS IN 9 DAYS WOW! DO NOT let ppl get you down saying "you'll go into starvation mode, its bad for you" blah blah. Cleansing/fasting has TONS of benefits, physically mentally and spiritually! I will be cleansing for 40 days. Once you get passed the detox phase where toxins are being released from your body, you will feel like a new person, trust me! No matter what just resist temptation of food and ignore cravings. you will be so glad you did this. If anyone is interested in fasting or cleansing, do your research & find which type of fast is right for you! GOOD LUCK!
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,112 Member
    Options
    Crazy? No way! While getting juice delivered to you seems a bit extravagant for me ( I juice at home with a juicer and fresh veggies/fruits) If its convenient for you then great! Ive been on juice fast/cleanse for 9 days so far. And guess what... 19 pounds lighter, with brighter skin, longer hair and nails and tons of energy. 19 POUNDS IN 9 DAYS WOW! DO NOT let ppl get you down saying "you'll go into starvation mode, its bad for you" blah blah. Cleansing/fasting has TONS of benefits, physically mentally and spiritually! I will be cleansing for 40 days. Once you get passed the detox phase where toxins are being released from your body, you will feel like a new person, trust me! No matter what just resist temptation of food and ignore cravings. you will be so glad you did this. If anyone is interested in fasting or cleansing, do your research & find which type of fast is right for you! GOOD LUCK!

says the guy named hcgbeck
  • KenosFeoh
    KenosFeoh Posts: 1,837 Member
    Options

says the guy named hcgbeck

gal
  • CoderGal
    CoderGal Posts: 6,800 Member
    Options

OMG I didn't do a clense but when I did the 1200 cal diet my hair got longer too! It went right down to the floor. Wasn't attached to my head anymore though.
  • chocl8girl
    chocl8girl Posts: 1,968 Member
    Options

Asian-wtf-reaction-face.gif
  • Admiral_Derp
    Admiral_Derp Posts: 866 Member
    Options
    All of your organs need a break. You need to be sure to give your heart and lungs a break sometimes too. If you can stop breathing and not have that pesky heart beating for several days it will transform your body.

absolutely. however did the human race survive until now without this knowledge? We must build time machines and go back in time and teach all the Homo erectuses how to cleanse their internal organs and give their internal organs a break, in order to keep the human race alive.

Or we can just finally realize that our body cleanses/detoxes ourselves, but...that'd be too easy. *gets working on a Tardis*

I fully support and endorse anything involving a TARDIS.
  • davidrip1
    davidrip1 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options

What toxins? I am still waiting for someone to actually answer this.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options

^This. What toxins? Anybody? Bueller? Bueller? Bueller?
  • SRH7
    SRH7 Posts: 2,037 Member
    Options

^This. What toxins? Anybody? Bueller? Bueller? Bueller?

I was silly enough to do a three-day juice diet (not a fast!!!) years ago and there were plenty of 'toxins' left around the toilet bowl. Lack of solid food does horrible things to your gut. Ew!
  • jillybeansalad
    jillybeansalad Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Go to the health food store or supplement store and ask them about vitmanis or supplements that help people starting their diet. I am assuming you are wanting to kick start your metabolism and rid your body of all the bad toxins you have been putting in it.

The supplements will help kick start your metaolism and stop putting bad things in your body and over time they will leave your body.

A good way to tell is when you don't get stomach grumbles any more and your start feeling hunger in your throat and jaw area. The grumbles is your body withdrawing from all the junk you put in it. It is ind of like a drug addict going through with draws. While you are in it, it feels like the world is ending and once you are done your body feels like new.

Good Luck

toxins... wat
    For everyone that says someone is giving bad advice do your research. Go google toxic hunger and the effects it has on your body and where true hunger is felt.

Here is two of many articles you can read on it http://toyourhealthnutrition.blogspot.com/2010/02/toxic-hunger-main-cause-of-obesity-by.html or this one http://www.motionperformancefitness.com/blog/true-vs-toxic-hunger.aspx.

I will not say rude things about the people that are not educated on this matter but instead i will try and drop some knowledge on them to help them.

It has helped me tremendously and through hard work, proper dieting and supplements I have lost over twenty pounds since January 2 2013.

lol blogspot, hold on, I'll be back after I set up my own blogspot with legit info that supports what I'm selling.
  • stumblinthrulife
    stumblinthrulife Posts: 2,558 Member
    Options
    AM I CRAZY?!?

Yes.
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Options
    I almost forgot, my one unanswered question about "cleanses".

I've read many posts by people espousing one of the benefits of these "cleanses" as eliminating toxins from the body. Please name ONE toxin...of the many, no doubt...that the "cleanse" eliminates from your body. I'm sure there are literally dozens of them, but I'd like to know the name of even ONE of them. If you can name ONE of them, you will be the first to do so...ever.

Thanks.
    I've asked this same question in many of these threads and never received an answer either. Strange.

Also - it's easy to tell when somebody's been suckered by the diet industry marketing machine: If "jump start", "kick start", "reboot", "detox" or "cleanse" is mentioned, they've drank the kool-aid. These phrases have absolutely no valid meaning whatsoever in a dietary/health context. All industry buzzwords/catch phrases.
  • ThickMcRunFast
    ThickMcRunFast Posts: 22,511 Member
    Options

Troy-my-whole-brain-is-crying-community1.gif
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options

I call BS on being able to see the length of your hair change in only 9 days. Impossible.
  • keldan81
    Options
    While everyone may have a difference of opinion on this topic I have learned one very important lesson. Never ask for advice on this forum. I went through and read all of the posts that everyone made. Whether or not you agree with what she is doing, she asked a simple question. I'm sure she did not expect to be made to feel dumb for her decision. Putting people down doesn't help anyone. All I saw for the most part was arguing back and forth and people being made to feel stupid about their beliefs and decisions. This is supposed to be a motivation and support forum. What I have seen here is quite the opposite.