My wife is kicking me out!!!

Options
jez4ever
jez4ever Posts: 190 Member
Anyone turn their Garage into a Gym? My wife says I make too much noise (jumping, grunting, etc). Plus, when I get a good sweat going I have to open the doors and "its too cold outside" (Her words, not mine). She works out at Golds, but I don't have time for that. I workout mostley to Beachbody like insanity and P90X, so I use my own weights and TV, etc. Anyone have some good ideas to how I should set-up my garage. I have to put a TV in there now (I guess I should just go ahead and make my own Man Cave while I'm at it). I'm thinking of building my own pull-up bar. Other ideas...

Replies

• _DaniD_
    _DaniD_ Posts: 2,186 Member
    Options
    Get a divorce
  • mattagascar
    mattagascar Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    Option A) Get some matting like they have at the gym. Put up a couple of mirrors and a pull up bar. Maybe a space heater.

Option B) Slap the %#$# out of your wife and tell her to deal with it
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,473 Member
    Options
    she does not seem very supportive....
  • SoViLicious
    SoViLicious Posts: 2,633 Member
    Options
    Option A) Get some matting like they have at the gym. Put up a couple of mirrors and a pull up bar. Maybe a space heater.

Option B) Slap the %#$# out of your wife and tell her to deal with it

Slap happy? Call me later
  • Cliffslosinit
    Cliffslosinit Posts: 5,044 Member
    Options
    Look in her purse for two raisins :flowerforyou:
  • __Di__
    __Di__ Posts: 1,639 Member
    Options
    Anyone turn their Garage into a Gym? My wife says I make too much noise (jumping, grunting, etc). Plus, when I get a good sweat going I have to open the doors and "its too cold outside" (Her words, not mine). She works out at Golds, but I don't have time for that. I workout mostley to Beachbody like insanity and P90X, so I use my own weights and TV, etc. Anyone have some good ideas to how I should set-up my garage. I have to put a TV in there now (I guess I should just go ahead and make my own Man Cave while I'm at it). I'm thinking of building my own pull-up bar. Other ideas...

Turning your garage into a gym would be a brilliant idea if you could do that!

You wouldn't have to worry about any noise, you could have music blaring if you wanted to and all your equipment could just stay where it is without having to put any away. You would also be able to have as much fresh air as you wanted!
  • krislyn84
    krislyn84 Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    You should leave her. She's obviously not supportive. Terrible wife.
  • Jacwhite22
    Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,012 Member
    Options
    She works out at Golds, but I don't have time for that.

cm-21545-650528a3316409.gif
  • surromom2010
    surromom2010 Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    Get a divorce

Joking right?
  • Muddy_Yogi
    Muddy_Yogi Posts: 1,459 Member
    Options

Buahahah. THIS^^
  • Cliffslosinit
    Options
    You should leave her. She's obviously not supportive. Terrible wife.

Yes listen to the pretty one.
  • Greenrun99
    Greenrun99 Posts: 2,065 Member
    Options
    close the door of the room your working out in.. tell her to turn on the tv so she doesn't hear you.. solved.
  • dym123
    dym123 Posts: 1,670 Member
    Options
    Not sure where you live, but I got my exercise mat, the puzzle kind from Walmart for about $20, bought second hand free weights and I use my computer to play my dvds. However I do live alone, though my dog does stare at me while I'm working out...I'm pretty sure she's judging me.
  • christiking1980
    christiking1980 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    She works out at Golds, but I don't have time for that.

cm-21545-650528a3316409.gif

Bahahahahahaha!
  • jez4ever
    jez4ever Posts: 190 Member
    Options

Buahahah. THIS^^

lol...ouch! Dang, You guys are mean : ) . I'm not really complaining. I workout in our living room. It does get pretty nasty with me and my 17 year old son working out in there all the time. It's getting stank up.

I like the mat idea. I am definitely going to do that.
  • Cliffslosinit
    Options

Buahahah. THIS^^

lol...ouch! Dang, You guys are mean : ) . I'm not really complaining. I workout in our living room. It does get pretty nasty with me and my 17 year old son working out in there all the time. It's getting stank up.

meant in humor....wish the best for you.:love::flowerforyou: :drinker:
  • Manda86
    Manda86 Posts: 1,859 Member
    Options
    32625999.jpg
  • mattagascar
    mattagascar Posts: 708 Member
    Options

Buahahah. THIS^^

Also!! Don't forget to leave the garage door open when you work out so all the neighborhood ladies cruise by and start chatting you up. That'll show your wife for putting you out in the garage like a dog!!
  • kingscrown
    kingscrown Posts: 615 Member
    Options
    We have a sort of gym in the garage. Matting is good, because the concrete floor is pretty cold on the feet even in shoes. We do have a pull up bar on the door way into the garage. Also and I didn't think it would be important a mirror. My daughter likes to check her form while lifting weights. Got an old large mirror at a yard sale. Used those plastic mirror hangers. Super easy. You'll want music and TV and depending on where you live a space heater to take the chill off before you start working out. My daughter turns it on gets her work out clothes on and then turns it off. Once working out she turns into the space hearter.
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options
    Ditch beachbody. :flowerforyou: