My wife is kicking me out!!!

Options

Replies

• LaSutopia
    LaSutopia Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options
    yea....I just wanna know how I can get my husband to work out at all....in the living room with me would be great. I think you would probably like having the gym area in the garage...and hey, maybe she will join you there once in a while :)
  • tiffanyheth
    tiffanyheth Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    I like the idea of turning the garage into your mancave. Add in a couple of pieces of manly furniture, a mini-fridge, snack bar. Go all out with the pullup bar, weights, etc.

Your wife will probably miss you and start coming out there to hang out with you while you work out! She'll need a place to sit to enjoy the scenery! ;)
  • pixied12
    pixied12 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    #1. Tell her that you are saving money by working out at home and that she will save money that way too!

#2. Pray about the way you should tell your wife about how that makes you feel that she's putting you out like that. Do it in a kind and gentle way. The that God would have you do it.

#3. It's your house too, and your health.

#4. Use your laptop computer if you have one to run the P90X.
  • penrbrown
    penrbrown Posts: 2,685 Member
    Options
    If you have time to workout at home you have time to go to the gym. I leave my wife at home and go to the gym. Guaranteed quiet time from her, a good workout and time away from her (oh, said that already). It's a win-win situation.

Not necessarily. Depends how far away the gym is. I have time to workout. I don't have time to drive twenty minutes to and from the gym.
  • skinnyinnotime
    skinnyinnotime Posts: 4,141 Member
    Options
    If you have time to workout at home you have time to go to the gym.

I make time to workout at home, around my kids, I couldn't take them all with me to the gym.
  • krislyn84
    krislyn84 Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    If you have time to workout at home you have time to go to the gym.

No.
  • bushidowoman
    bushidowoman Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    I cleaned out our shed and turned in into a dojo/gym...it was an awesome move. I don't have to pay membership fees to work out, I can work out anytime (I'm a night shift person, so 1am is perfectly reasonable to me), and I can wear things out there that I wouldn't wear in public (like jammies when I am alone or just a sports bra when hubby joins me.)

Good suggestions so far on what to put out there...I would suggest a heavy bag. :-) Punching and kicking are great for conditioning and as a stress reliever.
  • bushidowoman
    bushidowoman Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    I like the idea of turning the garage into your mancave. Add in a couple of pieces of manly furniture, a mini-fridge, snack bar. Go all out with the pullup bar, weights, etc.

Your wife will probably miss you and start coming out there to hang out with you while you work out! She'll need a place to sit to enjoy the scenery! ;)

And this. Absolutely. It's fun to work out with a partner in a more private setting.
  • jez4ever
    jez4ever Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    For me, the gym sucks, not only is it the opposite direction (about 20 min) from where I work, but it always turns into too much of a social hour. When I work out...its go time! No fiddle fartin around.
  • moosegt35
    moosegt35 Posts: 1,296 Member
    Options
    I just want to throw this out there for the people not smart enough to figure it out on their own. The people who said to get a divorce WERE JOKING!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • MrsVal03
    MrsVal03 Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    She works out at Golds, but I don't have time for that.

cm-21545-650528a3316409.gif

Bahahahahahaha!

Oh my! HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!
  • Danny_Boy13
    Danny_Boy13 Posts: 2,094 Member
    Options
    Also!! Don't forget to leave the garage door open when you work out so all the neighborhood ladies cruise by and start chatting you up. That'll show your wife for putting you out in the garage like a dog!!

^^^ *FTW!!! *Fist Pump*
  • RunHardBeStrong
    RunHardBeStrong Posts: 33,069 Member
    Options
    I cleaned out our shed and turned in into a dojo/gym...it was an awesome move. I don't have to pay membership fees to work out, I can work out anytime (I'm a night shift person, so 1am is perfectly reasonable to me), and I can wear things out there that I wouldn't wear in public (like jammies when I am alone or just a sports bra when hubby joins me.)

Good suggestions so far on what to put out there...I would suggest a heavy bag. :-) Punching and kicking are great for conditioning and as a stress reliever.

Oh yes! Heavy bag...I forgot to add in my first response. I have a heavy bag and speed bag in my garage also!
  • moosegt35
    moosegt35 Posts: 1,296 Member
    Options
    If you have time to workout at home you have time to go to the gym. I leave my wife at home and go to the gym. Guaranteed quiet time from her, a good workout and time away from her (oh, said that already). It's a win-win situation.

that isn't even close to true. I can go to my garage, workout and be back in the house and getting ready for work in 30-40 minutes. It would be that much driving for me to go to the gym and back so I would basically have to get up almost an hour earlier than I do now which is 5:20.
  • Aimeebird1
    Aimeebird1 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    :laugh: work out in my lounge room .... problem solved!
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    Get your wife two gifts for the next holiday.
    sevigny_proearsdii.gif

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcROkZPBjV1WSosrgOLwi7r9Pct9GkY_h3Wd9i6aChyA1iM324dc
  • trud72
    trud72 Posts: 1,912 Member
    Options
    have you tried sound proofing it? you can do that pretty cheeply,and then work out to your hearts content and even party afterwards in a bar and your wife is none the wiser! :wink:
  • chellebublz
    chellebublz Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    LOL I don't mind the noise my fiance makes when he works out in the house. But no opening of doors. We live in Wisconsin, and it's February and snowing all the dang time, and we have a 1 y/o son that i do not want getting pneumonia tyvm! I'd wager to guess if you're northerners she feels the same, except for the baby part.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    Also!! Don't forget to leave the garage door open when you work out so all the neighborhood ladies cruise by and start chatting you up. That'll show your wife for putting you out in the garage like a dog!!

^^^ *FTW!!! *Fist Pump*
    ^and this. I remember whining about doing all the cooking so hubby pitched in with grilling meat outside couple times a week. Pretty soon one day when I took spices out to him one day I noticed lots more ladies were walking their dogs outside our house than before. When I went to say "hi" to one she immediately looked down at the ground? I go "what's up with that?" He goes they probably think I'm single. They had figured out his schedule. Told him to get his *kitten* in da' howse! We've been eating inside since. I cook. The end.
  • michellekicks
    michellekicks Posts: 3,624 Member
    Options
    My gym is my favorite room of the whole house...
    19313071_4679.jpg

Build it... and love it...