My wife is kicking me out!!!

Options

Replies

• cnewlin86
    Options
    I don't think people should judge someones spouse based off of two sentences. It's not supportive to tell someone to get a divorce to the person they vowed to spend the rest of their life with!

ANyway, personally I would love to not have to work out in my living room! When I jump all around sometimes I shake stuff right off the tables. I know I am loud and noisy and my husband says it sounds like a herd of elephants charging through the house. ANd he is VERY supportive! But working out is loud! And hot and sweaty ;-)

SO I say build a space in the garage and maybe you all can workout together! I'm a bit jealous of your soon to be man cave! Hope it works out for you! If you can't build one in there maybe you can workout while your wife is away? Or she can go hang out in the bedroom to stay warm until your done? I'm sure you all can come up with something ;-)
  • FitBeto
    FitBeto Posts: 2,121 Member
    Options
    Look in her purse for two raisins :flowerforyou:

Buahahah. THIS^^

lol...ouch! Dang, You guys are mean : ) . I'm not really complaining. I workout in our living room. It does get pretty nasty with me and my 17 year old son working out in there all the time. It's getting stank up.

I like the mat idea. I am definitely going to do that.

meant in humor....wish the best for you.:love::flowerforyou: :drinker:

men shouldn't give men flowers unless they are draped in the blood of their enemies
  • Oakley82
    Options
    Also!! Don't forget to leave the garage door open when you work out so all the neighborhood ladies cruise by and start chatting you up. That'll show your wife for putting you out in the garage like a dog!!

LOL! ^ I would follow that plan, and not invest much into your garage gym. I'm guessing she'll have you back in the house in no time :wink: :smile:
  • cynthiaj777
    cynthiaj777 Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    She works out at Golds, but I don't have time for that.

cm-21545-650528a3316409.gif

LMAO :laugh:
  • jbutterflye
    jbutterflye Posts: 1,914 Member
    Options
    just start doing yoga indoors. :smile:
  • Scar1964
    Scar1964 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Anyone turn their Garage into a Gym? My wife says I make too much noise (jumping, grunting, etc). Plus, when I get a good sweat going I have to open the doors and "its too cold outside" (Her words, not mine). She works out at Golds, but I don't have time for that. I workout mostley to Beachbody like insanity and P90X, so I use my own weights and TV, etc. Anyone have some good ideas to how I should set-up my garage. I have to put a TV in there now (I guess I should just go ahead and make my own Man Cave while I'm at it). I'm thinking of building my own pull-up bar. Other ideas...

Ceiling mount pull up bar. Inexpensive and easy to install.
    http://ultimatebodypress.com/ceiling-mounted-pull-up-bar.html
    And yes, I converted garage into workout space. I am not done yet, but I have layed down horse stall matts over entire floor (not too expensive). Bought good second hand equipment (full set of DB's/Oly weight set/etc.) It's great for P90X. Also google RX'D and Rogue Fitness. My wife prefers that I stay out there banging weights.
  • CookieCatCatcher
    CookieCatCatcher Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    We converted out garage into a workout room - mostly because we have hardwood floors, and even with matting, I don't want to risk damaging the floors. Also - because y'all stink. :)

It worked out very well. We got cheap interlocking mats on amazon - my husband was able to build his weight set and bench piece by piece, so he got exactly what he wanted. Get some tall mirrors cheap at Target (5$) and a dry erase board so you can track your routines.

Now he has plenty of room, can listen to whatever he wants, can run fans or leave the door open, and he has actually made such a nice little gym that I now join him in lifting.
  • moosegt35
    moosegt35 Posts: 1,296 Member
    Options
    I don't think people should judge someones spouse based off of two sentences. It's not supportive to tell someone to get a divorce to the person they vowed to spend the rest of their life with!

ANyway, personally I would love to not have to work out in my living room! When I jump all around sometimes I shake stuff right off the tables. I know I am loud and noisy and my husband says it sounds like a herd of elephants charging through the house. ANd he is VERY supportive! But working out is loud! And hot and sweaty ;-)

SO I say build a space in the garage and maybe you all can workout together! I'm a bit jealous of your soon to be man cave! Hope it works out for you! If you can't build one in there maybe you can workout while your wife is away? Or she can go hang out in the bedroom to stay warm until your done? I'm sure you all can come up with something ;-)

google sarcasm and read the definition.
  • Game8
    Game8 Posts: 442
    Options
    That's what you get for getting married. You better make her happy or else she takes half your hard earned money.
  • RunHardBeStrong
    RunHardBeStrong Posts: 33,069 Member
    Options
    My gym is in my garage and I love it! I have matting, treadmill, elliptical, TV, radio, olympic weight bench/set, squat rack and a million accesories out there. I even have air conditioning, heating and a bathroom. I could live out there and somedays I would if I could! :laugh:
  • Lt_Starbuck
    Lt_Starbuck Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    tell her to go to the gym so she cant hear your workout over the sound of her own.
  • WhoTheHellIsBen
    WhoTheHellIsBen Posts: 1,238 Member
    Options
    Tell her if she spent more time doing the laundry and making you a sandwich and less time worrying about what you are doing, this wouldn't be an issue
  • RonnieLodge
    RonnieLodge Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    Anyone turn their Garage into a Gym? (I guess I should just go ahead and make my own Man Cave while I'm at it).

DO IT.

My husband has free reign on the two car garage that came with our property. He has turned half into a photography studio and the other into a man-cave.

My brother in law has his own gym set up in the rumpus room of their house and I have friends that have turned their garages into gyms.

Get a full length mirror to check your posture, some mats to soften up the ground a bit.
  • krislyn84
    krislyn84 Posts: 337 Member
    Options

google sarcasm and read the definition.

:flowerforyou:
  • doorki
    doorki Posts: 2,611 Member
    Options
    close the door of the room your working out in.. tell her to turn on the tv so she doesn't hear you.. solved.

Those are the rules in my house for alone time.
  • emacb123
    emacb123 Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    32625999.jpg

I love this cat!
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options
    My gym is in my garage and I love it! I have matting, treadmill, elliptical, TV, radio, olympic weight bench/set, squat rack and a million accesories out there. I even have air conditioning, heating and a bathroom. I could live out there and somedays I would if I could! :laugh:

I'm so jealous, I'm going to start calling you bulky behind your back.
  • moosegt35
    moosegt35 Posts: 1,296 Member
    Options
    We converted out garage into a workout room - mostly because we have hardwood floors, and even with matting, I don't want to risk damaging the floors. Also - because y'all stink. :)

It worked out very well. We got cheap interlocking mats on amazon - my husband was able to build his weight set and bench piece by piece, so he got exactly what he wanted. Get some tall mirrors cheap at Target (5$) and a dry erase board so you can track your routines.

Now he has plenty of room, can listen to whatever he wants, can run fans or leave the door open, and he has actually made such a nice little gym that I now join him in lifting.

What mats did you get on amazon? I am looking around and everything seems pretty high.
  • Cliffslosinit
    Cliffslosinit Posts: 5,044 Member
    Options
    Look in her purse for two raisins :flowerforyou:

Buahahah. THIS^^

lol...ouch! Dang, You guys are mean : ) . I'm not really complaining. I workout in our living room. It does get pretty nasty with me and my 17 year old son working out in there all the time. It's getting stank up.

I like the mat idea. I am definitely going to do that.

meant in humor....wish the best for you.:love::flowerforyou: :drinker:

men shouldn't give men flowers unless they are draped in the blood of their enemies

They always are.....
  • Insanity2bSane
    Insanity2bSane Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Anyone turn their Garage into a Gym? My wife says I make too much noise (jumping, grunting, etc). Plus, when I get a good sweat going I have to open the doors and "its too cold outside" (Her words, not mine). She works out at Golds, but I don't have time for that. I workout mostley to Beachbody like insanity and P90X, so I use my own weights and TV, etc. Anyone have some good ideas to how I should set-up my garage. I have to put a TV in there now (I guess I should just go ahead and make my own Man Cave while I'm at it). I'm thinking of building my own pull-up bar. Other ideas...
    Funny pretty much sounds like me. My hubby's biggest complain is that I turn off the heater and open up the patio door, so when everyone gets up it's frezzing in the living room. Hubby built a pull up bar using some pipe from lowes that was very inexpensive. Not sure what kind of pipe it was but if you take a trip to the hardware store you'll get a feeling for what you need and it will be very inexpensive. I have been thinking about having him comverting the garage into a work out room as well.
    Good luck with it.