• SwimFan1981
    SwimFan1981 Posts: 1,430 Member
    Options
    At last! a thread where I can use my Citizen Kane GIF! thanks :bigsmile:

tumblr_m5qf8nssHo1qbaj4uo1_500.gif
  • Davina_JH
    Davina_JH Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    Where others see a decline in MFP, I see a rise.
    Where others see negativity, I see information passing back and forth.
    Where others see people being mean, I see people trying to share the vast knowledge they have gained through trial and error.
    Where others see disagreement, I see debate.
    Where others see "bullying", I see people who are trying to protect others from falling into various "diet" traps and fads.

If it wasn't for how I see MFP today, I would still be the same person (and the same weight) I was when I first started here in September of 2011.

It is because I acknowledged the information passing back and forth on the boards ...
    It is because I listened to those who have been here the longest and have "been there, done that" ...
    It is because I can tell the difference between a disagreement and a debate ...
    And it is because I know the TRUE meaning of "bullying" and know that NOTHING here on MFP even remotely comes close ... that I finally stopped falling into the various "diet" traps and fads.

It is because of the rise of MFP that I am where I am today ... 4 sizes smaller and 65 pounds lighter.

MFP is not declining ... perhaps you are just not seeing it clearly.

:drinker:
  • _Witsy_
    _Witsy_ Posts: 609 Member
    Options
    baconyum.gif

I love you even MORE than I love bacon!! :smooched: :heart: :smooched: :heart:

*jumps in car and heads west*

Giiiiirll...you...me...and a plate of bacon. Awwwwwyeah!! :wink:
  • MG_Fit
    MG_Fit Posts: 1,143 Member
    Options
    :smokin: :drinker:
    Well put
  • ahviendha
    ahviendha Posts: 1,291 Member
    Options
    yes!!!! :drinker:

if it wasn't for MFP i would still be a cardio bunny, obsessed with the scale, eating a 1k deficit with no energy and crying while stuffing my face with processed, diet food crap.
  • Davina_JH
    Davina_JH Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    Agreeeeeeeeeeeeee!
  • 1ConcreteGirl
    1ConcreteGirl Posts: 3,677 Member
    Options
    Completely agree.

I've learned more here in a few months than in years as a professional health researcher. If someone actually wants to see the good here, they will find it.
  • janatarnhem
    janatarnhem Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    Well posted!
  • jackpotclown
    jackpotclown Posts: 3,291 Member
    Options
    finally.....YES...... \m/
  • doorki
    doorki Posts: 2,611 Member
    Options
    28282931.jpg
  • IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym
    Options
    I feel bullied. :angry:

pinecones and birdfeeders
  • CharliesInCharge
    CharliesInCharge Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    leave it to marnie to show how lemonade is made;) this place is what you make it.. if you are looking for "outs" to quit or to explain why you arent succeeding you will surely find them

you arent going to be able to be friends with everybody (time wise ) even if you all shared the same opinions

find a group of friends here that works for you and add that to your real life support system and go from there

i just choose to , when i came here.. to find people that had success stories .. to find out how they did it..

will i be able to replicate everything they did ? NO ... will i agree with everything they say? NO.. you have to ask questions and sift through the advise and see what works for you.. with the time you have , the dedication you have.. and the interests in and skill sets for various types of exercises

I asked a lot of ? when i first started.. still do.. do a lot of listening.. very little arguing.. glad my FL isnt sick of all my ? by now

thats how i learn.. ..

weight loss isnt a zero sum game.. if i lose lbs you dont gain them.. .. most people give advise meaning well.. are there some practioners of "tough love" sure there are.. in my opinion we all need that at times

i was an old out of shape guy that had never tried to lose weight before and didnt have a goal weight as he wasnt sure he could lose anything

here i am almost 30 lbs later and i am nothing special .. i just chose to ask ? listen and not argue and take a bit of advise from all corners

any success ive had is due to this community and to see it bashed makes me sad

ok ive gone on too long
  • SoViLicious
    SoViLicious Posts: 2,633 Member
    Options
    Love = BONER!

These two things have nothing to do with each other.

Yes because my love for this post gave me a massive one!
  • j4nash
    j4nash Posts: 1,719 Member
    Options
    I love MFP.

I've found as long as you don't say anything really stupid then people here are pretty kick-*kitten* and extremely supportive.
  • MireyGal76
    MireyGal76 Posts: 7,334 Member
    Options
    AGREED!!

cad8dbd5c05d4ef7956d1686295b2023@2x.gif

Holy... is that a gif of yourself? Awesome!

haha... yes it is
  • DopeItUp
    DopeItUp Posts: 18,771 Member
    Options
    Well said, this should be read as a requirement for anyone who posts a "PEOPLE ARE SO MEAN" thread.
  • IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym
    Options
    I love MFP.

I've found as long as you don't say anything really stupid then people here are pretty kick-*kitten* and extremely supportive.

Best response.
  • Cr01502
    Cr01502 Posts: 3,614 Member
    Options
    I still don't know how to make gifs so this is the best I've got.

:drinker: :drinker: :flowerforyou:
  • krisiepoo
    krisiepoo Posts: 710 Member
    Options
    I love MFP.

that was stupid

:flowerforyou: and heres a flower so you don't report me for being mean :cry: