The Rise of MFP

Options

Replies

• cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,867 Member
    Options
    Where others see a decline in MFP, I see a rise.
    Where others see negativity, I see information passing back and forth.
    Where others see people being mean, I see people trying to share the vast knowledge they have gained through trial and error.
    Where others see disagreement, I see debate.
    Where others see "bullying", I see people who are trying to protect others from falling into various "diet" traps and fads.

If it wasn't for how I see MFP today, I would still be the same person (and the same weight) I was when I first started here in September of 2011.

It is because I acknowledged the information passing back and forth on the boards ...
    It is because I listened to those who have been here the longest and have "been there, done that" ...
    It is because I can tell the difference between a disagreement and a debate ...
    And it is because I know the TRUE meaning of "bullying" and know that NOTHING here on MFP even remotely comes close ... that I finally stopped falling into the various "diet" traps and fads.

It is because of the rise of MFP that I am where I am today ... 4 sizes smaller and 65 pounds lighter.

MFP is not declining ... perhaps you are just not seeing it clearly.

:drinker:

Rock On!

1330361911_kate_upton_bikini_dance.gif
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    LoveYouSmileyGirlReleasesHeartsclipartfree3dgifanimationblogspot_zps64d55761.gif
  • LittleMiss_WillLoseIt
    LittleMiss_WillLoseIt Posts: 1,373 Member
    Options
    Picard_full_of_win.jpg
  • wareagle8706
    wareagle8706 Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    That was very thoughtful. Thank you.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,104 Member
    Options
    I just wanted to say I couldn't stop watching Tinkerbell getting spanked.

Is that wrong?

focus.gif
  • Venomous_Duck
    Options
    I also avoid the fads. That's why I wash my steroids down with HCG. Proven ways of making gains....
  • Trilby16
    Trilby16 Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    I'm thrilled to have found MFP! I have not lost any actual pounds yet but in 4 weeks here I've established habits of exercise and moderation. I'm confident I will find the right combination of calories soon and start to shrink.
  • eyeshuh
    eyeshuh Posts: 333
    Options
    tumblr_lc46puZuXW1qzmvhdo1_500.gif
  • MacInCali
    MacInCali Posts: 1,044 Member
    Options

Is that wrong?

focus.gif

Nope! I keep going back to it as well, lol.
  • AlongCame_Molly
    AlongCame_Molly Posts: 2,835 Member
    Options
    tumblr_m1iaczvycj1rqfhi2o1_500.gif
  • prettyblu
    Options
    You - speak truth.
  • pandorakick
    pandorakick Posts: 901 Member
    Options
    :drinker:
  • krithsai
    krithsai Posts: 668 Member
    Options
    I'm thrilled to have found MFP! I have not lost any actual pounds yet but in 4 weeks here I've established habits of exercise and moderation. I'm confident I will find the right combination of calories soon and start to shrink.

Believe in the mirror and your pants! They are your best indicators of success. I cannot seem to lose weight soon enough but my energy levels are sky high and my pants are baggy as hell. Keep coming back...you will get to where you want to be because you seem to be on the right track :) All the best!
  • MacInCali
    MacInCali Posts: 1,044 Member
    Options
    Cheers to this. I finally found a community about weight loss that's funny, has like-minded people, and knowledgeable members who don't screw around with correcting misinformation.

Totally agree!! :drinker:
  • smittybuilt19
    smittybuilt19 Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    I don't feel like I could be successful without MFP. It's easy, It's free, It's full of great advice and funny people. Who the hell would bash MFP...morons I tell ya!
  • PetulantOne
    PetulantOne Posts: 2,131 Member
    Options

Is that wrong?

focus.gif

Me too! I didn't know tinkerbell was into that sort of thing. :smokin:

Fantastic post!
  • Cliffslosinit
    Cliffslosinit Posts: 5,044 Member
    Options

Is that wrong?

focus.gif

Maybe this will help you forget????

blizzardgifpagespeedcej.gif
  • mmddwechanged
    mmddwechanged Posts: 1,687 Member
    Options
    I have learned to have more common sense from mfp. When I started making friends it was because I asked a few people for advise and they gave me a humorous response. For example one person told me my special diet from a book was hog wash. Another person said I should offer my husband sex for pizza when I complained about him eating pizza in front of me. These people were attractive to me because they were saying something that I knew deep down was true. But I had read too many magazine articles and had too many real life conversations with "experts" about weightloss to filter out the truth. I am truly grateful for now reaching my goal and for knowing that these people who are strangers had my back all along.
  • sunsnstatheart
    sunsnstatheart Posts: 2,544 Member
    Options
    Thank you being so awesome OP! :drinker: :heart: :drinker: :heart: :drinker:
  • 970Mikaela1
    970Mikaela1 Posts: 2,013 Member
    Options
    Finally we can all get along:)

NayB2RR.gif

fail