77lbs GONE! FOREVER! Pics too!

Options
Hello everyone. I'll post pics first because my story is probably boring to most. For scale purposes and stats:
I lost this weight in just over a year. I'm 5'4", also 23 years old. :D

b22bdd40-80a6-4311-bc58-3d9ddab8978d_zpsffef89f2.jpg

What I lost:
~77lbs
~Toxic people in my life
~False friends
~Plus-size clothes
~Asthma

What I gained:
~A fiancé
~Confidence
~True friends
~Motivation
~Health
~Happiness
~Self-esteem
~Respect
~Energy
~A life

Basically, the reason I was overweight was due to a bad relationship, where I was emotionally abused and controlled with food. I guess I can come out right and say it since it's a closed chapter now - he was a feeder. And what gave him kicks, gave me terrible health. But discussing that with him was pretty much impossible.

I got a chance to be free, and took it. This is when my life really started.

How did I lose this weight? A 1200 cal diet. I know some people disagree with that, and whatever, but that's what worked for me. I'm now up to 1300 cals a day, and that basically gives me generous meal portions and perhaps a small snack/hot chocolate in the evening.

I also did Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred three times, over a space of 9 months or so. I'm currently dragging myself through Ripped in 30.

It's been difficult. It's not been a cakewalk; it's just been a long, long, heavy walk with no cake in sight. It's been exhausting when the scales stopped moving, frustrating when I gave in to sweets, terrifying when I've tried something new. Would I do it all over again? Yes - but I'll make sure I never have to.

There were consequences to my new found health. I lost many friends who were tired of seeing me change. I say "friends", using the term loosely - no friend would talk behind my back about me being selfish for wanting to become slim, and move to Germany to be with my partner. That's just a resentful observer. To those who are experiencing similar resentment from others - rise above it. You are doing the right thing. You are becoming healthy, you are expanding your life expectancy, you are gaining confidence. That is what is valuable here. Not what others think of you.

Thank you, MFP and to the friends I have made here, for being there every day. Because no one else really was, besides my partner of course. Here's a picture of how happy I am because of you:

2012-12-30142731_zps5d50fbd7.jpg

Replies

• christena06
    christena06 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    good for you I am on my way to a healthier me as well. I have had 4 back to back pregnancies and now it's time to work on me being happy. I started at 257 and am down to 239 :) It hasn't even been a month yet. You look great btw
  • sometimes_blondie
    Options
    You look AMAZING!! And those people you lost are not worth it. You are a treasure, and I'm so happy you are one of my friends here on MFP!
  • incircles_lp2
    incircles_lp2 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Your post is so inspiring! If more people could realize that there is more to life than food, then they'd realize that they'd be a lot happier:) I'm on my way there emotionally, not so much physically (yet!). Good job! By the way, I love your red hat! Where did you find that? I'm always on the look out for nice winter hats!
  • sometimes_blondie
    Options
    BTW, I should mention I'm a little jealous about the whole Germany thing! That's my "motherland" and I'm dying to go there someday! :wink:
  • debbiejojo
    Options
    You are truly an inspiration in so, so many ways! You look beautiful and so happy with you. That is what is most important! Congratulations!!
  • tootoop224
    tootoop224 Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    Awesome job!!!! You look fantastic and deserve to be happy.
  • pspetralia
    pspetralia Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    Congrats!!!
  • RedVelvetCurls
    RedVelvetCurls Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    Your post is so inspiring! If more people could realize that there is more to life than food, then they'd realize that they'd be a lot happier:) I'm on my way there emotionally, not so much physically (yet!). Good job! By the way, I love your red hat! Where did you find that? I'm always on the look out for nice winter hats!

Here's a link to the very hat I bought! :)http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/W34-LADIES-FUNKY-RETRO-BUTTON-DETAIL-WOOLY-CABLE-KNITTED-BAGGY-SLOUCH-BEANIE-HAT-/160653824913?pt=UK_Charms_Wristbands&var=460032009008&hash=item2567b6d391

Thank you everyone! I seriously, honestly, truthfully with all my heart couldn't have done it without the friends I made here, on this website. I owe them my health, and gratitude. :flowerforyou:
  • Pamko57
    Pamko57 Posts: 182
    Options
    Good for you! Getting healthy means changing more than just eating habits and losing weight. The first time I lost weight, I learned a lot about true friendship. There were people who cheered me on. Most of those people are still in my life. There were three people who never. said. one. word. about my 132 pound weight loss. One is my "best friend." We're still friends, but I learned a lot about her true nature. One is my only sibling, my half brother. One was a professional acquaintance. All three of these people are people who didn't see me during the process, so they had to notice.

Anyway. Getting healthy, losing weight teaches you life lessons as well. You look AMAZING!!

Congratulations on the weight loss and everything else! You will be a beautiful bride!
  • TerriAnne53
    TerriAnne53 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    wow. fantastic job. you look amazing. so happy. I am so proud of you for your determination and success. Way to rock girl. you did it.
  • hemlock2010
    hemlock2010 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    Yay!! I'm so happy for you. I started at the same weight you did (211) and have almost the same goal weight, so thanks for the inspiration!
  • JanBeek
    Options
    Congratulations! You are an inspiration! That's a LOT of weight to lose. I can tell you are determined never to put it back on. That's the Good News about this weight loss method. It's not a crash diet, it's a life-style change. Looks like your life changed in more ways than one - - - and you're certainly happier for it. Thank you for sharing!
  • RedVelvetCurls
    Options
    Oh Lord I just burst into tears, hahaha! Thank you so much, truly! :')
  • RichardAceves
    RichardAceves Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Nice job! If you are in Frankfurt look up Sabi Uskhi @ Wellrex Health Institute personal training and more great guy incase you need a place to work out.
  • NINAjustdoit
    NINAjustdoit Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Amazing!! How did you break through your plateaus?? I am currently stuck and can't break through mine!
  • Dulcemami4ever
    Dulcemami4ever Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    Wow you look healthy and beautiful. I'm so happy for you. Thank you for posting your story and pics. How tall are you?
  • KatrinaD23
    Options
    Your post is very inspiring. I can relate to some of the things you have said your post.:smile:
  • RedVelvetCurls
    Options
    Amazing!! How did you break through your plateaus?? I am currently stuck and can't break through mine!

I turned to strength training for a couple of weeks then went back to cardio, it worked each time. :)

And, Dulcemami, I'm 5'4"!
  • maryannelk
    maryannelk Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    Great job! Congrats for understand that there are people who benefit and support from our own dysfunction. Recognizing them and breaking away is really key. People who truly love you will support your health!
  • anewlife1980
    anewlife1980 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!!! You look absolutely amazing & its more then obvious you are happy :-) Thank you for sharing, its very inspirational, esp to us newbies just starting our journey :-)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!