what is it with peanut butter?

Options
1235»

Replies

• caramellattekiss
    caramellattekiss Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Peanut butter is great. My favourite post-workout snack is a banana sliced in half lengthways, spread with peanut butter, then sandwiched back together. SO GOOD.
  • chocl8girl
    chocl8girl Posts: 1,968 Member
    Options
    Ill let you in on a little secret. I really do not like Peanut butter. I don't know what the hoopla is but its just not my thing.

Who are you, and why have you been let out of the mental institution??? :noway:

:tongue:
  • FUELERDUDE
    FUELERDUDE Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    At one of our chain stores, Dillons (Kroger is parent company) Super stores, you can purchase nuts in their health section and make "peanut butter" out those nuts with the machine they have. Anyone try almond butter?
  • SlimsLiftingMoreThanLipstick
    Options
    Buy some unsalted peanuts & get them into a blender....... instant CLEAN peanut butter. Forget the store stuff.

Yep, That's what we do! Sometimes I treat myself with a little honey added to it :-)
  • kpierce169
    kpierce169 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I eat almond butter or peanut butter EVERY day. Doesn't slow my weight loss down.
  • turtlefitnessdad
    turtlefitnessdad Posts: 585 Member
    Options
    DOES PEANUT BUTTER HAVE TO BE REFRIDGERATED AFTER OPENING???

caps lock was on, oh well. :ohwell:
  • ktrichards06
    Options
    Creamy is WAY better then chunky. :smile:

Bahaha
  • scaredofcoasters
    scaredofcoasters Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I love peanut butter. I think a lot of people get caught up on just the numbers, like the calories or fat, but forget that those fats are actuallygood for you. That's why I hate Low-Fat diets. I tried doing that my first time around and didn't get anywhere. Your body needs fat to live, and good PB is a good source of it!
  • KatjaO
    KatjaO Posts: 71
    Options
    PB is the yummiest and most comforting thing there is if you grew up with it, if not, it is still pretty good tasting, but, well it just does remind you childhood or bring back any other memories :)

It is very high cal. When I was pregnant, I had hard time gaining or even keeping my weight the first trimester and I was told to eat more PB to add on some weight. A very calorie dense food (that does not make you puke like meat did). But again, healthy types of fats, it's just peanuts if yo get one without any additives. No not any healthier or unhealthier than peanuts.
  • North44
    North44 Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    Peanut butter is great. My favourite post-workout snack is a banana sliced in half lengthways, spread with peanut butter, then sandwiched back together. SO GOOD.

That sounds like a more creative and fun way to eat PB and banana than how I do it. I just sort of glop it on the end of the banana. lol
  • dahkneeka
    dahkneeka Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Natural Peanut Butter FTW.

Then cashew butter, then almond butter ....

If you have a VitaMix.. .you can make your own by putting RAW nuts in and blending until smooth.

After switching to Natural PB- I could not eat the sugary/salty overprocessed store brand stuff like Kraft or Skippy. Yuck!

PS- If you have natural PB you can let it get a little bit hard in the fridge, then, melt some dark chocolate in a pot with a little bit of milk. Fill your ice cube tray about 1/3 with melted chocolate, make little balls of PB, drop in and top with chocolate. Throw in fridge/freezer and you have Natural PB Cups.

*Disclaimer- I have not tried this but I thought of it one day when my hubs was eating a Reces PB Cup and it sounds like a good idea.*
  • matti07
    matti07 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Creamy is WAY better then chunky. :smile:

No way :noway: hate creamy!

See, I'm an equal-opportunity PB girl. Crunchy for eating as it, and cream to add to recipes. Someone mentioned soba above... nom nom nom.
  • seena511
    seena511 Posts: 685 Member
    Options
    When i heard it is what they feed to people with eating disorders i.e. anorexics in order to increase weight quickly, that was enough to put me off the stuff!!!

well that sounds like a healthy mindset.

:noway:
  • diadia1
    diadia1 Posts: 223 Member
    Options

never tried it lithat way. sounds so yummy!
  • zumbalinda22
    zumbalinda22 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Crazy Richard's all natural --- yummy! Also, Trader Joe's brand. Prefer chunky, but will happily eat creamy as well!
  • dunnodunno
    dunnodunno Posts: 2,290 Member
    Options
    It's nommy. What's even tastier is this crunchy cookie spread I found made from Biscoff cookies.