Let's share something you're proud of today!

Options

Replies

• SkinnyForMinnie
    SkinnyForMinnie Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Two of my co-workers told me they noticed that I had lost weight and I was elated! I would have hugged them but they could've sued me for harassment. :tongue:
  • tpittsley77
    tpittsley77 Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    I am a runner, I just run a bit slow, averaging 5.2 mph on a 5k distance. Today I challenged myself to run 6mph for 5 minutes, in the middle of my run. I kept that pace for 6 minutes instead!
  • Abi_bug04
    Options
    This is the first time in my life I have decided to do a weekly weigh-in. Tomorrow is the big day!
    (I am used to weighing myself every single day- at least 3 r 4 times a day, and am hoping this will b a healthy change!)
  • Angeloftheshore
    Angeloftheshore Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    I am proud that I finally quit smoking and have been every single day since I quit. That was the start of doing things I did not think were attainable. Quitting smoking changed my life and made me realize you can do whatever you set your mind to. I was a 2 - 2 1/2 a pack a day smoker for 25 years. I will be smoke free for 1 year, this April...woooo hoooo!

Nicely done!! I'm am proud of you today!

and, I am proud that I was able to carry a treadmill up and down stairs (to take it from my parents and put it in my house) with only 1 other person. It was a heavy SOB, but I did it!

Thank you...and wow, wow. Treadmills are heavy...good job!
  • Kissybiz
    Kissybiz Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    I'm proud that even though I'd fallen off the wagon and had been letting it drag me through the mud for the past couple of months and have been struggling to get back on track, that I finally feel I'm in control again and look forward to my next workout.

I'm proud that I haven't given up on myself. :)
  • rchupka87
    rchupka87 Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    I'm proud that I worked through the pain last night, and completed my workout instead of quitting!
  • Foxxy18
    Foxxy18 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I started Insanity today!!(:
  • serena569
    serena569 Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    I'm proud that the top item in my most used food list is a banana. (And I'm not embarassed to say #3 is bacon.)
  • RllyGudTweetr
    RllyGudTweetr Posts: 2,019 Member
    Options
    Seventy-six days logging in a row and counting!
  • SkinnyForMinnie
    SkinnyForMinnie Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I haven't strangled anyone at work.

It's still early.

Have some more coffee and keep us updated. :drinker:
  • runlisaloo
    runlisaloo Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I am proud that I got up at 4:45 this morning and went to the gym to try a new Abs class and then went to Spin class after that. They were both really hard, but I didn't quit.
  • AngelicxAnnihilation
    Options
    I'm proud of the fact that I've come a long way from where I used to be. Some guy just called over and he's one of those people that call when he wants something or when he's bored so he wants to hang out. He wanted to borrow money until Friday after I gave him money a few weeks ago so he could take his gf out for valentines. I just hung up in his ear and I don't think I'm going to speak to him again.

And I have a bedroom re-arrangement planned for today so I can hopefully do more Kinect workouts :)
  • sarahertzberger
    sarahertzberger Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    I enjoy working out... something I would have NEVER said before, and I LOVE running also something I thought would never be said by me... EVER!!!!!
  • sarahevenstar
    sarahevenstar Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I am proud that I signed up for MFP 6 months ago today and haven't looked back!
  • jadlpc222
    Options
    I am 20 days off smoking cigarettes :-)

I went back to the gym yesterday for the first time in two months :-D
  • AmyMgetsfit
    AmyMgetsfit Posts: 636 Member
    Options
    I am proud that this morning I tried on a pair dress pants, that I couldn't fit into at Christmas. Today they fit perfect.
    I am proud that I didn't freak out this morning, mad at myself for having an unhealthy dinner last night. Just got back in the groove this morning and will make healthier choices the rest of the week.
  • sportyredhead01
    sportyredhead01 Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    Proud that I got up at 4:45 to make my workout class this morning even though I really could have stayed in bed.

I'm also proud that there are actual biceps developing on my arms.
    I knew they were there before but I just had to find them. :tongue:
  • bonikastjames
    Options
    I'm proud that I'm sticking in there even though I want to give up... It's slower but still there
  • PamelaGatorMom
    PamelaGatorMom Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    I signed up for my first ever 5K today, if you would have ever told me I would be signing up to run for anything other than cupcakes or beer in the past I would have LAUGHED OUT LOUD and you!!

It's a neon splash dash and looks like lots of fun, I even created a team, my daughter & some friends are gonna join in! :smile:

There are 5ks that end with cupcakes or beer. You could combine your interests. Just saying.

hummmmm...PLEASE tell me more of such 5Ks that end with cupcakes & beer :drinker:
  • bookworm_847
    bookworm_847 Posts: 1,903 Member
    Options
    I'm proud that I got up at 5 AM to work out even though I was sleeping better than I have in months.

I'm proud that I now look at myself as an awesome (but not in a conceited way) work in progress rather than looking at my body and thinking "gross."

I'm proud that even though I'm doing push ups on the counter, I can go pretty fast with good form and might be ready to get lower.

You're all fantastic on here... good luck to everyone! :drinker: