Found money...what would you do?

Options
felice03
felice03 Posts: 2,732 Member
I just read about a couple who found a camera bag by the Golden Gate bridge. Inside, along with the camera, was just over $11,000 in cash. The couple turned in the bag and the owners (tourists from out of the country) where found and the money returned. Would you turn it in? Is there an amount that would make you reconsider turning it in?

Replies

• DostThouEven
    Options
    Probably a hard question for most to answer honestly without the situation actually arising. We could all say what we would like to think we would do.
  • spade117
    spade117 Posts: 2,466 Member
    Options
    I already know I am not a good person.
  • IntoTheSky
    IntoTheSky Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    I would keep it. I may be a terrible person for that, but, if the bag didn't have an address or a phone number, I would LOVE to pay off my car......
  • My0WNinspiration
    My0WNinspiration Posts: 1,146 Member
    Options
    It's hard out here for a pimp. I'd keep it!Finder's keepers, loser's weepers.
  • jamie610811
    jamie610811 Posts: 1,734 Member
    Options
    My work mate found a bag at our doors at work with £800 in a wallet , we new the guy and when he delivered the next time my mate told him he had found it and gave it back to him.
    The guy took £400 out of wallet and gave it to him saying now I only lost £400
    My mate said £20 would have been fine LOL
  • n2thenight24
    n2thenight24 Posts: 1,651 Member
    Options
    I already know I am not a good person.

+1
  • Skittlez_
    Options
    Im not going to lie. Id run straight to the bank and pay off my car loan.
  • iulia_maddie
    iulia_maddie Posts: 2,780 Member
    Options
    I would like to think i'd turn it in.
    The most i've found was a wallet with 800 dollars in it. The guy had a bunch of credit cards, id, and some paperwork in it, he was a commercial driver. I looked him up in the phone book and called him. I loved the look of relief on his face when he came and picked his wallet up. It made me feel good.
    11000 dollars? Honestly i'd be too scared i might be accused of theft if i kept it.
  • harleydall76
    harleydall76 Posts: 586 Member
    Options
    Having been a pretty decent person my whole life and being nothing but skrewed over in return, I'd keep the money.
  • TylerJ76
    TylerJ76 Posts: 4,375 Member
    Options
    If there was identification of the person that lost it, then I would get a hold of them.

If not, IT'S MINE
  • _Elemenopee_
    _Elemenopee_ Posts: 2,665 Member
    Options
    I would try to find the person...if I couldn't then I'd keep it. But I would try...maybe not too hard.
  • YoungDoc2B
    YoungDoc2B Posts: 1,593 Member
    Options
    I'd return it. The people were tourists from out of the country, and I'm sure the pictures they took during the trip would mean a great deal to them. If I were in their position, I would want somebody to return my belongings also. I operate under to motto "treat others how you want to be treated".
  • Countryboy_
    Options
    I found a $100 dollare bill at the movie theater when I was a kid (around 15)...and I turned it in without even thinking about it. I would like to think I would still do the same thing.
  • iLoveMyPitbull1225
    iLoveMyPitbull1225 Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    I would turn it in. If it had been me in a forgein country and lost THAT MUCH MONEY, id be freakin devastated.
  • Fozzi43
    Fozzi43 Posts: 2,984 Member
    Options
    I'd keep it...if they are stupid enough to lose that amount of money, I'm not going to be stupid enough to try and find out who it belongs to.
  • K_Serz
    K_Serz Posts: 1,299 Member
    Options
    In todays world with cell phones and cameras no one would be suspicious that they werent being watched???

Especially in California. I guess no one has seen enough episodes of Punk'd or the other show that films people to see what they would do??

Based on that and paranoia that some mob or gang was watching me I would have to turn it in. My luck it would be some gang initiation that whoever took the money gets whacked.
  • HotAshMess
    HotAshMess Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    I would turn it in. I found $100 at a gas station one time...they called me after a few days and told me to come pick it up. I felt better getting it that way versus taking it and not giving someone a chance to recover their loss.
  • coke_bottle
    coke_bottle Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    I would keep it unless it had owner contact information.
  • nashai01
    nashai01 Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    It's hard out here for a pimp. I'd keep it!Finder's keepers, loser's weepers.

Lol I thought this was funny
  • ApexLeader
    ApexLeader Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    keep it