Do you like olives? I have a reason I am asking.

Options
1101112131416»

Replies

• gonnamakeanewaccount
    gonnamakeanewaccount Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    I love olives, especially black ones on pizza.
  • husker_gal
    husker_gal Posts: 462 Member
    Options
    Yes.

Kalamata, black, green, ripe and freshly pickled, doesn't matter. If it's an olive, I'll eat it.

^^This. I LOOOOOVE olives!
  • Oishii
    Oishii Posts: 2,675 Member
    Options
    We're an olive-loving household. DS has loved them since he was tiny, as did his best friend. Now that I have gestational Diabetes they're a great low-carb snack.
  • judilockwood
    judilockwood Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Yes!! I absolutely must say I love all types of olives and find lots of ways to get them in my diet... They're very good for you, just have to negotiate the calorie factor x
  • FunnyBunnyHunny
    FunnyBunnyHunny Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    LOVE OLIVES!!!
  • MexicanOsmosis
    MexicanOsmosis Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    Olives are one of the few things I won't eat.
  • NYgirl1990
    NYgirl1990 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    So yesterday I was at Costco and I was looking at the pre - packaged foods for my family dinner, when I came upon something I had never seen them have before ---- Deep Dish Pizza. And it had lots of the normal toppings but what I noticed was that there were TONS of black olives on it.

Now, me, I HATE OLIVES to the point that I don't even like looking at them. And I was just going from my own opinion, but when I saw that pizza, I was thinking that most people don't like olives, so having lots of olives on a pizza was a poor idea. Nobody in my family really likes olives, though at least my wife won't pick them out of stuff; she will eat them if they are already in a dish.

Then I thought about my mom and brother.... nope, they both hate olives.... And then I thought about my friends, and I can't say that I know that any of them particularly enjoy olives either.

Do you like olives?

I hate olives! They taste too sour and just gross. I remember the first time I ate one, it was in my rice and I thought it was a grape (I was really young) and when I ate it, I had to spit it out. They're just gross. But I've never met anyone in person who hates olives.
  • sealevels
    sealevels Posts: 123
    Options
    I hate them.
  • gfroniewski
    gfroniewski Posts: 168
    Options
    I love me some olives.
  • James_Bergin
    James_Bergin Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I LOVE ALL OLIVES. My dad loves them too but my sister and mum don't - no worries, more for me! Not many of my extended family like them though, and my younger cousin despise them and cringe every time they see me eating them.

On an aside, the also go great with artichokes, which I'm sure are another relatively unpopular food....