Do you like olives? I have a reason I am asking.

Options

Replies

• brevislux
    brevislux Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    I love olives.
  • itsvictoria08
    itsvictoria08 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    You have never met my husband's family. They are olive lovers to the core. They love all kinds of olives. We have to open 5 large cans of black olives at Thanksgiving for a family of 11 adults and 6 kids. We open them, along with jars of "specialty" olives around 10 AM while we are cooking the early supper meal, and they are GONE by time the meal is ready. We keep a reserve of 3 cans in the back of the cabinet to open right before serving the meal.

Three of the four wives that married brother siblings hate olives. The fourth is impartial--she eats them, but is not crazy over them.

My mother-in-law has a saying... "You know what happens to girls who don't like olives? They fall in love with T-- boys who LOVE them." (Using the last name, obviously.)
  • AliciaC81
    AliciaC81 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I love all olives! My son loves black, my mom loves all olives, brother likes green, SIL loves black, MIL likes both..I actually only know a few people who DON'T like olives! :)
  • richardheath
    richardheath Posts: 1,276 Member
    Options
    I've tried to learn to like olives, and I'm at a point now where if the pizza isn't covered in them I can eat it. But if there are too many, I'll take most of them off. I prefer it if they are not on it at all. I can't just eat them straight up. I even order Martinis straight up with a twist -- no olives!
  • natalie412
    natalie412 Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    Love olives. Everyone in my family likes them. My 4 year old maybe not so much yet, but he'll come around.
  • dcalentino
    dcalentino Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I eat olives right out of the can!
  • coyoteo
    coyoteo Posts: 532 Member
    Options
    Love olives. All of them. On and in anything or by themselves.
  • langsyne
    langsyne Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Yes.

Kalamata, black, green, ripe and freshly pickled, doesn't matter. If it's an olive, I'll eat it.

I'll second that.

Me too
  • justlistening
    justlistening Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    I like them all especially stuffed with jalapenos!
  • Confuzzled4ever
    Confuzzled4ever Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options
    Olives are awesome.. the green ones are the best! right out of the jar.. i always plan to do somethign with them.. but I end up just eating them as is. LOL
  • 1stday13
    1stday13 Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    Absolutely :love: any kind!!! They never put enough on my Pizza :grumble: Both my Kids Love them since they were little ( but then they like anchovies on pizza too YucK !!! Unfortunately They have more calories Then I am willing to sacrifice just for the pleasure.. :ohwell:
  • RobfromLakewood
    Options
    I dig black olives on my pizza and I like a nice tapenade as well, but nowhere else really.
  • zhvah18
    zhvah18 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Yes.

Kalamata, black, green, ripe and freshly pickled, doesn't matter. If it's an olive, I'll eat it.

This.:smile:

Me too. ALL olives, delicious! Especially on a pizza, that salty bite...mmmmmm
  • ndblades
    ndblades Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    HATE them. . . . even in beer!
  • laurie41565
    laurie41565 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    LOVE black olives...I could eat a whole can no problem but of course I wouldn't. Not a fan of the green ones though.
  • shanellev
    shanellev Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    mee toooo i looooooooooooooooooooooooove olives
  • corneredbycorn
    corneredbycorn Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    I like olives in small doses and only on a works pizza.
  • CurvyGirl14
    CurvyGirl14 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Loveeeeeeeeeeee olives
  • LoveMy3Boys
    LoveMy3Boys Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    I just had black olives all over my tacos for lunch. My 2 year old ate them by the handful. A cheese pizza with LOTS and LOTS of olives is my favorite!

I have friends who do not like them at all. My mom doesn't like that that much but will eat 1 or 2 on occasion. I, however, luuuuurv them.
  • JenSD6
    JenSD6 Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    I've gotten over a lot of my picky food aversions over the years, but olives remains one of those things that I just can't bring myself to eat. Just walking past the olive bar in the grocery store triggers my gag reflex. But I'm the only one in my family who doesn't like them.