Do you like olives? I have a reason I am asking.

Options

Replies

• penguinlally
    penguinlally Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm olives! yummmmmmmmmo!
  • Staci64
    Staci64 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Hate olives!!! I won't even eat pizza if at any time olives were on it, it is not possible to pick them off and not still taste the juice from them being on it! Its weird cause I love other 'slimy' foods, like can mushrooms, pickles, etc.
  • originalkazila
    Options
    Black olives

but only on pizza. :P
  • motown13
    motown13 Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    So yesterday I was at Costco and I was looking at the pre - packaged foods for my family dinner, when I came upon something I had never seen them have before ---- Deep Dish Pizza. And it had lots of the normal toppings but what I noticed was that there were TONS of black olives on it.

Now, me, I HATE OLIVES to the point that I don't even like looking at them. And I was just going from my own opinion, but when I saw that pizza, I was thinking that most people don't like olives, so having lots of olives on a pizza was a poor idea. Nobody in my family really likes olives, though at least my wife won't pick them out of stuff; she will eat them if they are already in a dish.

Then I thought about my mom and brother.... nope, they both hate olives.... And then I thought about my friends, and I can't say that I know that any of them particularly enjoy olives either.

Do you like olives?

Haha, so basically just because YOU hate olives, it was a poor idea for a place to sell pizza with olives on it? For real?

Not because I hate olives, but because I didn't know anybody who liked olives. I guess you missed the point.
  • madworld1
    Options
    I love olives. I usually keep them in the fridge for a snack when I am craving salt. I also like black olives. :)
  • ls9834
    Options
    I love olives. If i am craving something salty, i have a few for a snack. I also put them on my salads.
  • Ke11yJo
    Ke11yJo Posts: 141
    Options
    I love all olives ... tough to keep them in the house though as my entire family steals them out of the jar when they go to the fridge! I agree it is a love/hate thing for most people.

:love:
  • Kashmir09
    Options
    Ooooooooo Olives - LOVE THEM - all kinds, all sorts!
  • LeslieBSize6
    LeslieBSize6 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I love olives. Especially on my veggie pizza. I used to bartend. I munched on them all day long.
  • MizTerry
    MizTerry Posts: 3,763 Member
    Options
    I haven't met an olive I haven't liked. When I was younger, I only liked black olives, but now that I'm older (no old fart jokes please), I love the green ones too.

They are my evening snack.
  • eliseofthejungle
    eliseofthejungle Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    I love olives, especially on pizza, sandwiches, and salads. Green olives are my favorite on pizza, but they don't do that down here. My husband only likes black olives, but my 2yo son and the rest of my family like both.
  • kirstie3281
    kirstie3281 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    All olives are disgusting to me!
  • blink1021
    blink1021 Posts: 1,118 Member
    Options
    I love olives doesn't matter what kind if its an olive I will eat it whether its in a dish straight from the container. My 9 year old son is the same way I have to buy two when I go to the store. My husband hates them and do both my sisters and my parents. I know a lot more people who hate them than like them. Also deep dish pizza is terrific everytime I visit my college roommate in Chicago I have to get one. Never had one frozen but the fresh ones are outstanding.
  • MissKitty9
    MissKitty9 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    So yesterday I was at Costco and I was looking at the pre - packaged foods for my family dinner, when I came upon something I had never seen them have before ---- Deep Dish Pizza. And it had lots of the normal toppings but what I noticed was that there were TONS of black olives on it.

Now, me, I HATE OLIVES to the point that I don't even like looking at them. And I was just going from my own opinion, but when I saw that pizza, I was thinking that most people don't like olives, so having lots of olives on a pizza was a poor idea. Nobody in my family really likes olives, though at least my wife won't pick them out of stuff; she will eat them if they are already in a dish.

Then I thought about my mom and brother.... nope, they both hate olives.... And then I thought about my friends, and I can't say that I know that any of them particularly enjoy olives either.

Do you like olives?

Haha, so basically just because YOU hate olives, it was a poor idea for a place to sell pizza with olives on it? For real?

Not because I hate olives, but because I didn't know anybody who liked olives. I guess you missed the point.

Well, hopefully this thread has enlightened you to the fact that....different people like different foods, & just because no one YOU personally know likes olives, doesn't mean olive pizza shouldn't exist. Sorry, just thought your original post was phrased very oddly.
  • keshiabug1
    Options
    I love green olives...
    Black olives? Not so much.
  • butterfli7o
    butterfli7o Posts: 1,319 Member
    Options
    LOVE olives.
  • JenLovesFall
    Options
    I love black olives! I don't know if I would like them on pizza, but they are delicious in a Greek salad with Feta cheese! YUMMMMM!!!
  • watchhillgirl
    watchhillgirl Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    love olives! Any kind, any type! My husband has them daily as a side with his sandwich!
  • wikitbikit
    wikitbikit Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    Well, hopefully this thread has enlightened you to the fact that....different people like different foods, & just because no one YOU personally know likes olives, doesn't mean olive pizza shouldn't exist. Sorry, just thought your original post was phrased very oddly.
    lol.

Hey OP, I get it!
  • BamBam125
    BamBam125 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    I used to hate all olives. I've grown to like them in moderation if they are very good olives. (I really enjoyed local smoked salmon, cheese, and crackers with a pile of Spanish olives on the side when traveling in Europe for example. We'd picked them up at the market on the way to a castle in the area.)

My husband loves all olives. When the olives are too much for me, I just pick them off and add them to his plate and it makes him happier. I know more people who like olives than dislike them. I was the only person in my family who didn't like them.