Do you like olives? I have a reason I am asking.

Options

Replies

• kbeech06
    kbeech06 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    I love olives...black, green, kalamata. Just wish they weren't so high in sodium. Having some tonight on top of our Spanish Chicken and Rice...yummy!
  • souperficial
    souperficial Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I'm the only one in my family that doesn't like olives. I'll eat a few black olives if they're cut up in a greek salad or something, but I won't go out of my way to eat them. I used to eat a bunch when I was little, though.
  • Tdk4685
    Tdk4685 Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    Don't like them at all. My daughter on the other hand will eat a whole can at one sitting.
  • WattsJA
    WattsJA Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Have yet to meet and Olive I didn't like.
  • louised88
    Options
    Love them! my favourite pizza topping is olives and mushrooms, but i'm happy just eating a bowlful.
  • cowgirlup327
    cowgirlup327 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Love olives! A holiday doesn't pass without a bowl of extra large black olives on the table with the appetizers, no matter which member of my family's house...even if we're all celebrating a holiday in different places. Black olive pizza is my favorite.
  • Yolanda_85
    Yolanda_85 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    I love green olives and will eat them out of the jar, my youngest sister will eat black olives out of the can...I will eat black olives in/on different foods, but don't like them plain, not sure if my lil sis eats green olives from the jar or not...my boyfriend HATES olives of all kinds! I have to be careful if I'm cooking with them to leave most of the dish olive free and just add olives to mine when I get my serving.
  • juliemouse83
    juliemouse83 Posts: 6,663 Member
    Options
    I have yet to meet an olive that I don't like.

My Grampa used to make garlic cured black olives, as well as some jarred green ones with pits.

I miss both my Grampa and those olives.
  • danasings
    danasings Posts: 8,218 Member
    Options
    Nope. Hate 'em. So does my husband and most of our family. BUT we have family members that love them, so...meh.
  • da_bears10089
    da_bears10089 Posts: 1,791 Member
    Options
    i lufff olives. i wish subway would have more than the standard 3 olives per 6 inch sandwich.
  • xFamousLastWordsx
    xFamousLastWordsx Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    I adore olives! Especially black ones and especially on pizza, but I will eat any kind. The grocery store I used to work at had a huge olive bar, I'd drool just walking past it cause it smelt so good!
  • mooglysmom
    mooglysmom Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    I know some people that like them. I don't care for the myself, and will send something back if it comes out with them on.

Mostly because, if they're on my pizza, I feel like my pizza is looking at me.

I can't help it, I'm weird, lol ;)
  • motown13
    motown13 Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    OP here....

back in the early 90's I had a small business selling hot sauces / salsa / spicy foods at flea markets.

I used to taste every single product that I sold before I would sell them. I would sell certain products even if I didn't like them as long as I could see why other people might like them, even if I didn't. If I couldn't even think other people would like them, I wouldn't carry the product at all.

So, one day a woman came to my booth carrying 2 boxes in her hand. She was producing habanero and garlic stuffed olives.... big brown olives if I recall correctly. She wanted me to try them and then carry them.... I told her I couldn't try them because I knew I would hate them, having hated every olive I had ever tried.

So she wanted me to buy the 2 boxes ( 24 jars in total ).... I told her I couldn't or wouldn't because I knew that I would not be a good salesperson for them, hating them so much.... This was in the summer.... I told her that if she wanted she could leave them on consignment with me, and when they sold, she could come and get her money....

Well, a few weeks before Christmas I still had part of an open case, and a whole unopened case. I had planned to call the lady up to come and take her product back. Well one day someone came and bought all the stock I had... probably like 18 jars of olives.

That was another reason that I thought that maybe most people didn't like olives.... granted, these were not ordinary olives, but I was selling less than 1 jar a week to people who did like hot and spicy foods.
  • LemonsAndCoffee
    LemonsAndCoffee Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    I loooove black olives. I don't care for any other ones though. My husband likes all olives. Both of my daughters like black olives and love it when I buy the can of whole ones because they put them on their fingers :tongue:
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,019 Member
    Options
    olive-bluto_uncertain-times-090617.gif
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    I'll eat any that I've come across so far.
  • JulieBGoood
    JulieBGoood Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    I LOVE them, every kind!
  • Abi_bug04
    Options
    Olives are my favorite pizza topping!
    Black, Kalmata, Green...ALL OF THEM!
  • samantha1242
    samantha1242 Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    No. Only as oil. And occasionally in tapenade if its a good one.
  • terijoestoes
    terijoestoes Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Yes all kinds. We eat olives every day. And if I get one of those pizzas I go home and put olives and other veggies on it.