Do you like olives? I have a reason I am asking.

Options

Replies

• perfectingpatti
    perfectingpatti Posts: 1,037 Member
    Options
    LOVE! All kinds. Alone or with something.
  • Santerre1984
    Santerre1984 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Odd...but YES
  • Miiimii
    Miiimii Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    Love olives.
  • amez1974
    amez1974 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    I love black olives - green are just okay

dh and 2 out of 3 kids love green and don't eat black olives.
  • jessmart83
    jessmart83 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Love them! My favorite is green olives stuffed with jalapenos!
  • wikitbikit
    wikitbikit Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    Oh my gosh, you guys are so weird. I thought we were all humans around here! When were we invaded by the Planet of the Olive People? This is surreal!

I also thought olives were a somewhat rare, maybe acquired taste. I guess this explains why they take up half an aisle in the grocery store and, if that weren't enough, have their own bar over by the deli.

*squints suspiciously all the same*
  • MissKitty9
    MissKitty9 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    So yesterday I was at Costco and I was looking at the pre - packaged foods for my family dinner, when I came upon something I had never seen them have before ---- Deep Dish Pizza. And it had lots of the normal toppings but what I noticed was that there were TONS of black olives on it.

Now, me, I HATE OLIVES to the point that I don't even like looking at them. And I was just going from my own opinion, but when I saw that pizza, I was thinking that most people don't like olives, so having lots of olives on a pizza was a poor idea. Nobody in my family really likes olives, though at least my wife won't pick them out of stuff; she will eat them if they are already in a dish.

Then I thought about my mom and brother.... nope, they both hate olives.... And then I thought about my friends, and I can't say that I know that any of them particularly enjoy olives either.

Do you like olives?

Haha, so basically just because YOU hate olives, it was a poor idea for a place to sell pizza with olives on it? For real?
  • TAMayorga
    TAMayorga Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    Most people I know love olives. I don't like them at all. If they are in or on a food I will not eat it. I can't even stand the leftover flavor that it leaves. Or the smell.:noway: That being said, I feel like *I* am the one that is the minority by not liking them.

I can't stand them either. I will pick them off a frozen pizza, because if you cook it and then pick them off, you get the flavor left behind. However, I have occasionally wondered if I would like them fresh and not pickled.
  • Jill_newimprovedversion
    Options
    BLACK ones- In a salad or sub, I'll eat them if they're already there

doesn't sound appealing to have them cooked, much less a face full of them
    but I'd try a *few* on a piece of pizza if it was on the table.

GREEN ones? no thank you.

BURGUNDY? *ding* ding* ding* WINNER!
  • BogQueen1
    BogQueen1 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    Pizza with bacon and black olives? Yes please.
  • drkuhl2017
    drkuhl2017 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    Goodness, I absolutely love every kind of olive. They are freaking delicious! :)
  • dnish53
    dnish53 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Love them. They are great on pizza.
  • Kristen_nicole95
    Kristen_nicole95 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    One of my favorites (:
  • moonsforeyes
    Options
    Nope. One lingering around/flavoring my food with its awfulness is enough to ruin a dish for me. They are so awful!
  • MrsHRogers
    Options
    Haven't met an olive that I don't like! Love them all.
  • dmpizza
    dmpizza Posts: 3,321 Member
    Options
    Love olives of all kinds.

Olive oil is 130 calories per tablespoon!!!!

So watch out.
  • hbrittingham
    hbrittingham Posts: 2,518 Member
    Options
    I love all olives. I like a pizza with onion, feta and kalamata olives. Yum!
  • Morgaath
    Morgaath Posts: 679 Member
    Options
    Friends of mine have a story they tell about going shopping for a party.
    Roommate 1 picked up a mixture of several types of olives.
    Roommate 2 picked up pizza rolls, and told roommate 1 no one likes olives. He even asked random people in the store "Olives or pizza rolls?". Pizza rolls was the winner almost every time.
    Party happens, and at the end of it not a single olive can be found in the house, but there was half a tray of pizza rolls left over, and various plates had pizza rolls on them.

Personally, my whole family loves olives.
  • MelsAuntie
    MelsAuntie Posts: 2,833 Member
    Options
    I don't like olives and will not eat them, though I do use extra virgin olive oil. My hubby loves olives, green, black, stuffed, unstuffed. Then again, he HATES cilantro, and I can happily make a salad of cilantro and nothing else. Different folks, different strokes.
  • MindyG150
    MindyG150 Posts: 1,296 Member
    Options
    Yes.

Kalamata, black, green, ripe and freshly pickled, doesn't matter. If it's an olive, I'll eat it.

Ditto for me! Bring on the Bloody Mary's!