Do you like olives? I have a reason I am asking.

Options

Replies

• PJmetts
    PJmetts Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    LOVE Olives, when we have a family pot luck 2 or 3 of us sign up to bring different types of olives!!!
  • vim_n_vigor
    vim_n_vigor Posts: 4,089 Member
    Options
    I can't stand black olives, but I love green olives. Of course, my 4 and 6 year old love black olives and would love that pizza! They will sit and just eat black olives (Yuck!)
  • calihoya
    calihoya Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I have a weird texture aversion and I don't like olives at all (or tomatoes, or eggs, or mushrooms...) but my fiance loves olives.
  • whitmars106
    whitmars106 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    I, as well as the majority of my family, LOVE black and green olives!!!
  • cnlargent
    cnlargent Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    I will only eat black if they are on a pizza, but I *LOVE* green!
  • Sweet_Potato
    Sweet_Potato Posts: 1,119 Member
    Options
    I love olives and didn't realize they were a commonly disliked thing! However, I don't think they're appropriate on pizza because they're salty and the pizza is already salty enough (same reason I don't like anchovies on pizza).
  • LeenaRuns
    LeenaRuns Posts: 1,309 Member
    Options
    Love olives---any kind.
  • chocl8girl
    chocl8girl Posts: 1,968 Member
    Options
    Yum!! Not particularly fond of the pickled, stuffed green variety, but I will eat them. Black olives are my favorite. I like to put one on each finger and pretend I am the olive monster.

What?
  • skittles137
    skittles137 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Love them. One of my favorite things to snack on. And I order extra olives on my pizza. Would love to eat that deep dish!
  • brunetteavoxgirl
    brunetteavoxgirl Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I LOVE OLIVES.
    Seriously, in my college's cafeteria, I could eat a whole bowl of olives.
  • stephdeeable
    stephdeeable Posts: 1,407 Member
    Options
    I love olives, especially black olives.
  • HoneyIShrunktheMom
    Options
    Most people I know love olives. I don't like them at all. If they are in or on a food I will not eat it. I can't even stand the leftover flavor that it leaves. Or the smell.:noway: That being said, I feel like *I* am the one that is the minority by not liking them.
  • felice03
    felice03 Posts: 2,732 Member
    Options
    Obviously your assupmtion that everyone hates olives is wrong...

I personally could eat a whole jar of black olives in one sitting...
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options
    How can you have snack dinner or antipasto without olives??!

I'm on the "LOVES OLIVES" team.
  • wikitbikit
    wikitbikit Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    No. They are the devil's food.

I worked at Pizza Hut when I was a teenager and the bin of black olives always looked like a bin of black beetles to me. Shiny and interesting, but not something to eat!

edit: Incidentally, I was a cook, and orders with black olives were fairly rare. Probably the least used item on the line aside from banana peppers, as I recall.
  • NYCNika
    NYCNika Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    I love olives (especially pickled in alcohol). I don't like frozen pizza or pre-packaged meals. So not worth the calories.
  • Lrdoflamancha
    Lrdoflamancha Posts: 1,280 Member
    Options
    Personally not at all. Yuck. But my sister loves them all. My g/f likes black ones only.
  • jynxxxed
    jynxxxed Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    I'm obsessed with black olives. The people at subway know my order immediately when they see me because it's "weird". I get no dressing at all, just chicken, tomatoes, spinach and extra extra extra black olives. When they finish, I ask them to add more.

I eat them out of the can pretty often as well. I'm the same way with mushrooms.
  • NikkiSixGuns
    NikkiSixGuns Posts: 630 Member
    Options
    Adore them. Can't think of anyone in my family that doesn't.
  • Julettashane
    Julettashane Posts: 723 Member
    Options
    i love olives!!! especially stuffed green ones mmmmm