(To the ladies) Is it really for us? C'mon man........

Options

Replies

• Iron_Duchess
    Iron_Duchess Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    So, I know that I will probably get crucified for this, but in my case it is 50/50. I do it because it makes me feel more confident and I totally love to know that my husband is kept on his toes every time I go to work looking my best. I work for a company that out of two hundred employees only seven are women, so plenty of male attention on that sense. Let’s be honest, the competition is fierce and guys can’t keep their eyes in the sockets for a minute. A good man need to be kept happy at home, or someone younger, better looking, and willing comes in and makes waves. Yes, love is important, yes, commitment is there, but I should not “make” my husband like me disheveled just because it is more comfortable for me. I’m not talking about expending hundreds of dollars in an outfit here, I’m talking about looking my best with the budget and the circumstances that I have. My husband always says that the way a woman looks reflects on her man, who he is, and how he treats her (I know he has very weird opinions, but oh well, my bed is already made…). Honestly guys, who do you look at first and lust after?

1351101456_sofia-vergara-640_zpsf6aebeef.jpg
  • SlvrBluGoddess
    SlvrBluGoddess Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    I do it for him, which in essence is doing it for me, because when he notices, I get all warm and fuzzy inside.

I agree with this. It's nice to be noticed and to hear compliments about how great you look.
  • annepage
    annepage Posts: 585 Member
    Options
    Yep, of course it's for ourselves. :D
  • mathjulz
    mathjulz Posts: 5,514 Member
    Options
    Nope, I dress up, do my hair and makeup, etc for ME. I feel confident when I know that I look good (and my profile pic is my bad hair :tongue: ). There is nothing like looking in the mirror and being able to think "I am a sharp, hot woman!"

And, since I'm in sales, looking good and feeling confident are very important!!

ETA: It doesn't hurt that my husband likes the confident me, too (Ladies, really, I think that's at least half of what he appreciates when you look good - your confidence. The rest, yeah, he likes looking at a woman who looks nice, right? :wink: ). It helps that he doesn't mind me spending a little extra to take care of myself.

On the flip side, I shop the clearance racks as much as I can, and try to not spend a whole ton of money on my clothes and so forth. You can look good without breaking the bank!!
  • KeriW626
    KeriW626 Posts: 430
    Options
    Honestly, NO. I do it for me. I would never spend the amount of money you are talking about. I get my hair cut the way I like w/ tip it costs 15.00. My cloths are from the thrift store, where your friends wife sent her 150.00 out fits after wearing it twice. I spent 15.00 on it. I wear make up, for ME. I do my hair for ME. the only thing I do for him is my hair is longish.

For him, I make a good meal, keep the house, and tell and show him everyday how much I love him, as well as how much I lust him. I have only been with him for 21+ years. I think I am doing something right.

My weight los is for US. I want to grow old with him. His weight loss is for us, same reason. We want to vacation together, which includes a lot of walking and hiking. Our trips are to state and national parks. I dont want to stop having intercourse because Im too fat or even because I am too old. I will be doing that until the day I die.
  • Irish_Eyes81
    Irish_Eyes81 Posts: 808 Member
    Options
    If I spend some money on something its usually because I like the way I feel wearing it, with that being said...I come from a small farming community , I don't go get massages, manicures, pedicures....I don't tan. I'm pretty basic as far as my wants and needs. I always try to look nice ...I can't honestly believe that a man needs a woman to be all dolled up, spending crazy money. Sure there are special occasions whrre I can see spending money for but if its something that is a regular habit....in my own opinion I find it a bit silly.

No offense to those that do, some girls are just more girly than others!
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,526 Member
    Options
    My husband always says that the way a woman looks reflects on her man, who he is, and how he treats her (I know he has very weird opinions, but oh well, my bed is already made…).
    I don't know about that. I've met narcissistic guys at the gym that demand that their SO look and be a certain way.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • sarantonio
    sarantonio Posts: 880 Member
    Options
    At the risk of sounding like a 50's housewife... yeah, it's for him

My friends pick on me, come 5pm, I take off the sweat pants and dress up, make-up heels, falsies, and I start dinner, make sure the house is tidy and get the kids on a quiet activity in their room.....

I also pack his lunches, make his coffee and lay out his clothes everyday.
    Why wouldn't I want the man I love to think I'm amazing?
  • hph442
    hph442 Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    I dress up for my five year old :sad:
  • likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options
    It's like the wedding ring, right? I didn't want an enormous rock. That's not who I am, it's not what marriage is about, and it's a stupid way to waste a lot of money. However, you don't want some teeny-bopper costume jewelery that makes everybody who meets you question your husband's judgement. You want a quality piece in your budget.

Looking good pleases and reflects on my husband, his taste and his ability to attract a quality woman. It's not something to break the bank over, but you want to be a source of pride.
  • sarantonio
    sarantonio Posts: 880 Member
    Options
    It's like the wedding ring, right? I didn't want an enormous rock. That's not who I am, it's not what marriage is about, and it's a stupid way to waste a lot of money. However, you don't want some teeny-bopper costume jewelery that makes everybody who meets you question your husband's judgement. You want a quality piece in your budget.

Looking good pleases and reflects on my husband, his taste and his ability to attract a quality woman. It's not something to break the bank over, but you want to be a source of pride.

Well said. However, I don't wear a ring, neither does he.
  • surromom2010
    surromom2010 Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    I have him pick out clothes for me all the time, I'd never buy a sundress for myself to wear, I HATE my legs so even in summer if I'm showing them off in public, it's for him...I died my hair blonde because he said he wanted to see what I'd look like, but the expensive extensions I bought to match the blonde, MINE :).

TL:DR Sometimes yes and Sometimes no!
  • norcal_yogi
    norcal_yogi Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    you're right....it's for ourselves and for other women...
  • sbbhbm
    sbbhbm Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    My husband pretty much demands that I do not leave the house without make-up and my hair done, and if he doesn't like what I'm wearing, he'll give me crap until I change my clothes. He doesn't want to be embarrassed should we run into someone he knows.
  • MorbidMander
    MorbidMander Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    I agree, every time my wife gets all dressed up...I'm thinking its for others to acknowledge shes hot...others i.e. other men. It bugs me to a degree but everyone wants to look good and be noticed. Just don't say its for me

Or maybe she just wants to look nice when she goes out? Why does it seem like anytime a women gets dolled up it has to be because she's attention seeking? We like to look nice just like men do, but no one accuse men of that attention seeking crap. Sometimes I get dressed up and just lounge around in my house for the day. I do it randomly because /I/ like to feel good about me. Grow up.
  • ninjakristin
    Options
    We don't do it for men, or even ourselves, but to other women. To make them jealous and envious of us.
  • amandapye78
    amandapye78 Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    I dont do it for my husband or other men, I like the way it makes me feel. I like the way I look and I feel more confident. I think feeling more confident and liking how I look is an attractive quality. My husband doesnt mind either way ( although he has admitted he likes to see me dressed up when we are going out)
  • amandapye78
    Options
    I dress up for my five year old :sad:

funny story, I was on my way to a meeting with an important client and was all dressed up and stopped in on my daughter's 1st grade class and a little girl said "Audrey's mommy is sooo pretty" so now I dress up a little every time I visit the 1st grade. I have a reputation to uphold. lol
  • amandapye78
    Options
    Also, men think they dont care but when all is done up men are more attracted to the woman who puts more effort into herself, they just may not know what they are looking at ;)
  • MizTerry
    MizTerry Posts: 3,763 Member
    Options
    I do it for my husband and for other men because my husband likes to be seen with me around other people and for me because I like the way I feel when I apply myself. When my husband met me, I had a certain type of self-maintenance schedule that can be pricey and he knew it, but it kept him looking.