• oregonzoo
    oregonzoo Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    I say all sorts of damned things.
    Heh. Deal with it.
  • UnderCoverShyGirl
    UnderCoverShyGirl Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    This thread cracks me up. Sorry, although i'm almost 45, i've been on the Internet a lot the last ten years, and yes, saying things like LOL and whoot (yes, i'm not correct about it) are perfectly fine to me and I use them because they are commonly understood in the world of the Internet. I also say Merci when in France and Danke when in Germany.

Although i can understand your personal preference of not liking that type of speech (i used to kinda hate it too) it seems odd to me that you might lose out on great supportive people simply because you don't like LOL. To each their own, just sayin....

Oh, i say OK too instead of okay....i'm definately out! ROFLMAO (literally!)

Good luck!
  • allifantastical
    allifantastical Posts: 946 Member
    Options
    Anyone who says LOL or woot, feel free to add me. :bigsmile:
  • supah_
    supah_ Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    how about "awesomeness" or "Amazeball work" ?
    lol
  • Calliope610
    Calliope610 Posts: 3,775 Member
    Options
    All my friends love my woots.

My husband loves my wooters!
  • supah_
    supah_ Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    This thread cracks me up. Sorry, although i'm almost 45, i've been on the Internet a lot the last ten years, and yes, saying things like LOL and whoot (yes, i'm not correct about it) are perfectly fine to me and I use them because they are commonly understood in the world of the Internet. I also say Merci when in France and Danke when in Germany.

Although i can understand your personal preference of not liking that type of speech (i used to kinda hate it too) it seems odd to me that you might lose out on great supportive people simply because you don't like LOL. To each their own, just sayin....

Oh, i say OK too instead of okay....i'm definately out! ROFLMAO (literally!)

Good luck!

too funny. i used to hate emoticons and all the internet b.s. but i've changed. i find them to be convenient i guess.
  • atamrowski
    atamrowski Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    What about LMFAO?
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    just break up

Haha. That's fuuuunny.

But seriously...I say "woot". I say it a lot. I am a "wooter". I can't help it, it is apart of my goofy, usually happy-go-lucky self. But my "woot" is more like "WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOT" when you read it as "woot". I usually follow it up with a few more words that are motivational.

You are also a gamer hun. I've yet to meet a hardcore gamer that doesn't use (or has an intolerance to) lol or woot.......lol. :tongue:

Hardcore gamers DO NOT say lol. We say lolz and/or how parts of our body tense up looking at your mom.

Also we slept with your mom last night while you were being a nerd on video game and getting better than me at a game

Okay...well, maybe I've met my first one..you. lol
  • gwicks54
    gwicks54 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    I don't like profanity but anything else that helps me stay committed is okay by me. I don't control my friends choice of words in person or on MFP. Best wishes for you though!
  • LassoOfTruth
    LassoOfTruth Posts: 735 Member
    Options
    No.
  • Juliejustsaying
    Juliejustsaying Posts: 2,332 Member
    Options
    I snort, so mayhaps I would say SOL, instead of LOL. woot woot! Oh. Crap, I'd be defriended real quick.

OOh I snort too.. SOL
  • JBcat123
    JBcat123 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    haha I cant stop laughing you guys! LOL thankyou for making my day. love this thread.
  • majoki
    majoki Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    but if I can't lol and wOOt then I'll actually have to think about what I write when I really just want to acknowledge someone's accomplishment. =)
  • CherokeeBabe
    CherokeeBabe Posts: 1,704 Member
    Options
    Hmm, won't be able to do this one, "LOL", "Awesome" and "Uber Cool" do enter my vocabulary.

Not to mention my gratuitous use of "Giggity!" :laugh: :wink:
  • sharonKay65
    sharonKay65 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    No kidding and no lol you may want to see a Doctor if you are breaking out in hives due to reading / seeing certain words.
  • bathony
    Options
    I just snorted tea out of my nose with my Laughing Out Loud - don't friend me... I am a frequent LOL offender (but no woot)

hahahahahlololololololololguffaw!
  • TheConsciousFoody
    TheConsciousFoody Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    just break up

Haha. That's fuuuunny.

But seriously...I say "woot". I say it a lot. I am a "wooter". I can't help it, it is apart of my goofy, usually happy-go-lucky self. But my "woot" is more like "WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOT" when you read it as "woot". I usually follow it up with a few more words that are motivational.

You are also a gamer hun. I've yet to meet a hardcore gamer that doesn't use (or has an intolerance to) lol or woot.......lol. :tongue:

Oh yeah. I am a super gamer nerd. So "woot" is just part of my vocab. If you think saying "woot" is bad you would hate to know what my knuckle tattoos say haha
  • theCarlton
    theCarlton Posts: 1,344 Member
    Options
    LOL Great post! Woot!
  • IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym
    Options
    I snort, so mayhaps I would say SOL, instead of LOL. woot woot! Oh. Crap, I'd be defriended real quick.

OOh I snort too..

lol, its because I sit outside of my bosses office and you all make me laugh, so I try to contain it and it ends up turning into snorting, which is probably worse, lol.
  • 76tech
    76tech Posts: 1,455 Member
    Options
    i use LOL but only when i actually LOL. which is often.

woot? yeah. i use that too. sorry.

but still:
    4_popped-collars_cool.jpg