What to do with all those egg yolks?

Options

Replies

• olDave
    olDave Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    Just eat them. There s no good science that claims a whole egg is harmful to our health.
  • harr3mi
    harr3mi Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Make a Creme Brulee with them?
  • LosingMyMarbles
    LosingMyMarbles Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    I eat a lot of eggs and dont always eat the yolks. Like tonights dinner will be 6 egg whites with two whole eggs.

I feed the yolks I dont eat to my.....chickens. :glasses:

Yep! On the rare occassion I don't use the yolk, it gets scrambled and fed back to my chickens. They work hard to make that egg and they loooove scrambled eggs, even if it's just the yolk!
  • Liatush
    Liatush Posts: 627 Member
    Options
    Buy pastured eggs - they are very low in cholesterol.
  • MorgueBabe
    MorgueBabe Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    You could just eat them.

Or make home made ceaser dressing.
  • SanteMulberry
    SanteMulberry Posts: 3,202 Member
    Options
    I eat a lot of eggs and dont always eat the yolks. Like tonights dinner will be 6 egg whites with two whole eggs.

Yep! On the rare occassion I don't use the yolk, it gets scrambled and fed back to my chickens. They work hard to make that egg and they loooove scrambled eggs, even if it's just the yolk!

Chickens are cannibals?? Who knew?
  • wikitbikit
    wikitbikit Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    My doctor recommends eating 12 whole eggs per day per 100 lbs of bodyweight for up to a month and liberal whole egg consumption following that month. Want to know why, pm me.
    I don't know if I want to know why, but my mind keeps coming up with reasons on its own. Most of them involve vague considerations of horror movies and gore and grossness and oh my. Or he is the Egg Baron of your country.

I eat 3ish a day, whole. Scrambled with coconut oil sauteed spinach and garlic. It is worth getting out of bed for!
  • jennaworksout
    jennaworksout Posts: 1,739 Member
    Options
    ummm eat them???
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options
    ummm eat them???

x1 meelion.
  • ApexLeader
    ApexLeader Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    if you are only going to eat egg whites, buy egg whites rather than the whole egg.
  • fit4lifeUcan2
    fit4lifeUcan2 Posts: 1,458 Member
    Options
    I give the yokes to the dogs. Not only do they love it but it gives them a shiny coat. Vet said just don't over do it because it can make for a fat pooch.
  • CyberEd312
    CyberEd312 Posts: 3,536 Member
    Options
    ummm eat them???

x1 meelion.

This!!! Yolks are the best part!!!!!
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options
    If someone thinks that a whole egg has too many calories then maybe they need to rethink their calorie intake..
  • MaryJaneMadeMeFat
    Options
    Yolks are for the dogs. :)
  • mmapags
    mmapags Posts: 8,934 Member
    Options
    Trust me, you've received some bad advice.........all the win (nutrients) is in the yolk and it improves cholesterol ratio's. :happy:

Ain't nothing truer than this. Stop wasting the most nutreint dense part of the egg!!
  • etoiles_argentees
    etoiles_argentees Posts: 2,827 Member
    Options
    Trust me, you've received some bad advice.........all the win (nutrients) is in the yolk and it improves cholesterol ratio's. :happy:

yes! eat them!
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    I fertilize them. I am incubating an army of test-tube chickens! Muahahahahah! MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAAA! MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAH!
  • mustgetmuscles1
    mustgetmuscles1 Posts: 3,346 Member
    Options

Chickens are cannibals?? Who knew?

Yea they will eat just about anything. I was sure I was gonna get a bunch of hate for this. :bigsmile:
  • MiniMichelle
    MiniMichelle Posts: 807 Member
    Options
    make hollandaise and then put it on your bacon cheese burger.... nom nom nom

*I dont remember which friend to give credit too but I didnt think of this amazing burger... I want to say it was Acg67 or Fire_Rock... not 100% though*
  • metaphoria
    metaphoria Posts: 1,432 Member
    Options
    Cheese souffle!

Feed one to your dog, gives them shiny coats.

French toast.

Beat it up and put it in your hair for twenty minutes, rinse out with cool water (not hot, or you'll end up with cooked egg in your hair)

From scratch lemon pudding and save the whites for the meringue.