Most ridiculous serving size?

Options

Replies

• stealthq
    stealthq Posts: 4,298 Member
    Options
    Ben And Jerries Ice cream... A pint should be a serving... cuz you cant tell me you actually measure out a half cup and place the rest in the freezer.:noway:

Am I the only one who doesn't have a problem with ice cream serving size? I eat like a medium scoop each time and never wants more. When buying ice cream at the fair or something I always buy the half a cup tub. Never understands why people would want to eat more ice cream in one sitting. But yeah I might be just weird.

I don't have a problem with it in the more premium brands. More butterfat == more filling to me. But I recently discovered that 1/2 c. is just not enough of BlueBell. Too much air whipped in, I suppose. Or maybe it was that the chocolate flavor of the Rocky Road seemed really light - like barely there. Even a full cup just seemed completely inadequate.
  • nikkiworld2
    nikkiworld2 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I don't understand the huge hype over oreos?! They taste yuck!
    I'm with you. I don't get it either. They do nothing for me. Thank goodness!
  • martinel2099
    martinel2099 Posts: 899 Member
    Options
    Everything at Cheesecake factory xD

To be fair though, they've added a skinny licious menu now with many good items under 600 calories like the white chicken chilli. The normal items on their menu are consistently terrible with high calorie amounts.
  • rowlandsw
    rowlandsw Posts: 1,166 Member
    Options
    Walmart pop tarts: 1 pastry is a serving yet they put 2 in the foil and they go stale very fast.
  • Yagisama
    Yagisama Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    I don't know if it's the same in America, but when I was in England I'd drink those plastic bottles of coke, y'know, with lunch or something. And once I actually read the side and one bottle counts as two servings?? Are you kidding me? Who would you share that with? Or would you be expected to put the bottle away and have flat coke the next day? Come on!

Also, anything that serves 0.5 of a person. Like servings per container: 3.5. Just a giant pet peeve.

Yeah, at least make them whole numbers. 3.5 or 4.5......COME ON !!! :wink:
  • nikkiworld2
    Options
    I eat Cheerios and using my scale to weigh out 28g is a WHOLE lot of cereal (to me at least) and much more than a "1 cup" serving. So maybe all these folks freaking out about cereal need to start actually weighing it or maybe I'm just weird in thinking that 28g is a huge serving.

The thread has been entirely entertaining to re-read though. Thus the necro.

You're weird. 28g is like one bite. I can eat 5 servings in one bowl. easy. In fact I ate like 3 last night as a snack. One serving is stupid.

28 grams is 1 ounce. You must have meant 280g? I hope...
    Nope, they're correct. I'm looking at my cereal box of Golden Puffs right now & it says serving size 3/4 cup (27 g).
  • prettygirlbrasil
    Options
    Pringles! lol
  • WaynesGurl
    WaynesGurl Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    i used to eat a whole row of them but now i dont touch them . but when its that time of month the body will crave so i try to sub it for something else. but i still crave them and when i have them in my mouth all like a new world opens :(

Good for you! Thats how I feel about Cheetos
  • WaynesGurl
    WaynesGurl Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I don't know if it's the same in America, but when I was in England I'd drink those plastic bottles of coke, y'know, with lunch or something. And once I actually read the side and one bottle counts as two servings?? Are you kidding me? Who would you share that with? Or would you be expected to put the bottle away and have flat coke the next day? Come on!

Also, anything that serves 0.5 of a person. Like servings per container: 3.5. Just a giant pet peeve.

Yeah, at least make them whole numbers. 3.5 or 4.5......COME ON !!! :wink:

OMG SO TRUE!!! My husband got me a tea the other day...sweet tea...my weakness....said oh babe I looked its not that bad,,,,I said um...its 3 servings. He said oh...my bad. SMH
  • nikkiworld2
    Options
    Cereal! Who can eat 1/4 cup of cereal, really? I certainly can't! So I don't eat it much... when I eat it I need a giant bowl of it! HAHA

That's why I dump a whole cup of fresh fruit on my cereal.

No one can, that's why the serving size is 3/4 cup & not 1/4 cup.
  • katsmo
    katsmo Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    The Thinny Chips at Jimmy Johns. There are 2 servings in a bag! Nobody orders an unwich, a bag of chips, and a drink and thinks: You know what? I'm going to split these chips with a buddy. Or I'm gonna save half of these for later. You could call any chips Thinny Chips if you only eat half of the bag!
  • nikkiworld2
    Options
    Ben And Jerries Ice cream... A pint should be a serving... cuz you cant tell me you actually measure out a half cup and place the rest in the freezer.:noway:
    I do. I have to, or I will eat the entire container.
  • enterdanger
    enterdanger Posts: 2,447 Member
    Options
    granola bars.

When they 100 calorie fad came out I saw a box of granola bars listed as 100 calorie bars. There were 8 to a box for like $4. Then I looked at a box of the same granola bars that weren't labled 100 calorie. They were actually only 90 calories and came 10 to a box for $2.50. I am so over the 100 calorie thing.
  • craziedazie
    craziedazie Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    It will always and forever be mayo for me. That one serving of mayo barely wets some of the bread
    *cries*
  • MrTolerable
    MrTolerable Posts: 1,593 Member
    Options
    It will always and forever be mayo for me. That one serving of mayo barely wets some of the bread
    *cries*

mayo? :laugh:

try mustard! :wink:
  • __hannah_
    __hannah_ Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    bump to read later!
  • mweb21
    mweb21 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Ice cream. Any icecream. The serving size is always like...1/2 cup...uhhh ok, I'm eating half the tub so screw that.

I agree. Especially Ben and Jerry's. I went to buy a pint of the salted caramel recently to treat myself, I read the facts, it said 4 servings at 270 cal per serving. I was like woah, never mind. I used to eat the whole pint half the time.
  • iheartredsox80
    iheartredsox80 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Bookmarking to read the original thread later. I'm reading at work and am cracking up so loud I'm embarrassing myself!

Related to this - Now that I'm measuring and counting, it is a daily affair for me to measure out one serving of something, see how small it is, and exclaim "no wonder I'm fat."

Me too, had same revelation this week :)
  • softncudly
    softncudly Posts: 722 Member
    Options
    2 TBSP of guacamole; 2TBSP of hummus; 1/2 cup of cooked rice; 1/4 cup of prunes
  • looseseal
    looseseal Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    For the Oreos ... that 2 cookies/serving doesn't include the peanut butter you dip them into either. :sad:

The mayo ... I buy both reg and light, use mostly light on the bread then add some regular. You get all the flavor but for less cals. I do that when I make home made chicken salad too.

The tuna ... where are you getting a can of tuna with 6oz? Around here they reduced the size of the can to 5oz. Used to be an 8oz can some years back and I can see eating half of that. But now that it's only 5oz ... no one eats less than the whole can. Well, my daughter does. Weird kid.

Oh, and the 'Family Size' bags of Oreos? Yeah, the regular size bag of Oreos used to be just a bit bigger than that (used to be 20oz). They cut the size while keeping the price the same (which essentially jacks the price), then reintroduce the original size as 'family' like they're doing me a favor. *kitten*!