Crazy Early Morning Workout People

Options

Replies

• Sweetestthing87
    Sweetestthing87 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    I also just started the Early Morning Workouts this week and I :heart: it! I found myself making/finding too many reasons/excuses to not work out in the evenings and I was sick of missing a day, or two or the whole week before I knew it. So I told myself that I was going to get up at 5:30am NO SNOOZE BUTTON and get my workout done before I have to go to work.

I feel so much better all day, I have a lot more energy, I eat better, I drink my water! Amazing. I dropped 4 pounds this week!! How is that NOT motivating? Just do it people! This is coming from a former night owl.

In the summer I work 7-4 so I will have to be up around 4:45! :yawn: It is totally worth it though. I love how much more consistent I feel and the fact that my evenings are FREE to do whatever I want or need to do. Driving home after work I am not stressing about if I will workout or if I will be too tired to workout.

PS: I also sleep in my gym clothes and I am lucky enough to be able to workout at home. It is awesome!
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    If work didnt start at 6am for me I would be a morning work out person. I can see the advantage of it.
  • chrisosgood
    Options
    I get up early(4:10 ish) and work out early. More energy and I know that I will get my workout in for the day.
  • MSeel1984
    MSeel1984 Posts: 2,297 Member
    Options
    I always thought people that get up at 4:30am to go work out were crazy.... I would think, "I barely have the energy to get out of bed and rush to my 8am class. :yawn: Why would one want to do this?" :noway:
    That is... untill I tried it this week... and I feel AWESOME! I am not going to my 8 am classes all drousy and tired anymore, and I have so much more energy throughout the day. :bigsmile:
    Ofcourse, now that my alarm has gone off everyday this week at 4:30 sharp, my roomate hates me :blushing: I can never be quiet enough. Anyway, I just wanted to say here's to you morning workout people! :drinker: I have moved to the dark side :devil:

WELCOME TO THE CLUB! :D

I never used to be one of those people...I would work out after work. But then it got to be way too common for me to say "I have to pack lunches" or "I have to make dinner" (you get the idea..."feed the dog" "Go to the store) etc).

Now I'm up by 4:15AM, get a nearly 1.5 hour workout in, and by the time I get to work, I'm bright-eyed and bushy-tailed.

Days I don't go work out in the morning I honestly feel like crap. It also frees up my afternoons after work SO much!
  • Sweet_Potato
    Sweet_Potato Posts: 1,119 Member
    Options
    I've done it, but I feel the workouts aren't as effective because I have less energy and can't concentrate as well. After work I have a lot of pent-up energy that I need to release after sitting at a computer all day, so I end up working harder. Do you morning workout people find this to be true or are you more energized because you've been sleeping beforehand?
  • Sweetestthing87
    Sweetestthing87 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    I've done it, but I feel the workouts aren't as effective because I have less energy and can't concentrate as well. After work I have a lot of pent-up energy that I need to release after sitting at a computer all day, so I end up working harder. Do you morning workout people find this to be true or are you more energized because you've been sleeping beforehand?

My warm up might be slightly painful but once I get going...I am working hard. Perhaps it is the mentality that I didn't get out of bed to slack. I woke up early to bust my tail and get my sweat on!

For me, once I got home from work I didn't want to do anything! Everyone is different and sometimes it takes time to get use to schedule changes. Do what works for you. :smile:
  • Mimisam45
    Mimisam45 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I also live on the "dark side", up at 4:00 am, hit the road by 4:15ish, at the gym (standing in line with all the other nuts) waiting for the gym to open at 5:00, first class starts at 5:05 am. I have a 30-35 minute commute both to and from the gym so I have lots of time to relax and plan for my day without interruption.

No one needs me for anything at 5:00 am, while after work at 5:00 pm, somebody always needs/wants me for something. And it feels so good to get to work and know that my workout is already in!! Then, if something fun comes up there is no guilt and if a friend wants to go for a walk or run then it is a bonus workout!!

If I wait to work out after work and just go home and the workout never happens, there is dinner to fix and clean up, a teen with homework, a necessary trip to the grocery store, school events, etc., it just doesn't happen. None of that applies at 4-5:00 am!!!

Hail to the early risers!!!! We are strong and awake, at least until about 8pm!!!
  • smaihlee
    smaihlee Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    You know, there was a time about 4 years ago when I was getting up at 5:15 to walk or work out with a friend. I didn't want to get up early in the first place but we did it together to keep each other motivated. At first it was great but then she got into a very bad habit of texting me at the last minute to say she wasn't going to make it. When she did show up, it drove me nuts because she often wore dirty workout clothes that clearly hadn't been washed (and smelled like wet dog), and she also drank coffee but didn't brush her teeth before she came. It got to the point where I would figure out which direction the fans were blowing and position myself between the fan and her.

I didn't like the gym and the workouts were really nothing more than just walking on the treadmill. I resented the h*ll out of it, and her.
    I was so glad to find an excuse to stop meeting her in the mornings, and I swore that I would never ever ever get up early to workout like that. And here I am, up at 4:50 and PUMPED!! Amazing what a change of scenery and company will do for you!!
  • shannypoo21
    shannypoo21 Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    LOL that's right. I love and hate my early morning workouts. I'm a morning person so it's not hard for me to get up early it's just going through the motions of each circuit at 530am but once it's over I'm loving it and I feel I'm better able to tackle the day. Good for you for changing up your schedule... sorry for your roommate tho!
  • zhvah18
    zhvah18 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    I'd love to join the early club but then you have to goto bad by 10pm latest.
    I used to think this way, then I realized, the only thing I was doing past 10 pm was just sitting on my butt watching tv anyways. So I decided it would be better to go to bed and wake up and do something GOOD for myself. I'm a 4:30am riser myself.
  • mcdebbie
    mcdebbie Posts: 940 Member
    Options
    I think I'm going to give it a try starting tomorrow. The evening workouts are just not getting done and I've been busting my butt eating right with very slow results. If a few early morning workouts can get the weight moving I'll be very happy.

But not at 4am :laugh: , luckily I don't normally get up until 7:30 so will set the alarm for 6:30. Across the room. And sleep in my workout shirt. Thanks for all the tips.
  • redheaddee
    redheaddee Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    HATE when that d@mn alarm goes off so early, but it is the easiest time for me and doesn't cut into precious family time. Plus they say it boosts your metabolism for the rest of the day.
  • brittaney10811
    brittaney10811 Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    i am a 535'er!! loooooove getting my butt kicked for breakfast :laugh:
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,473 Member
    Options
    i am up for 4am, oh i love people like this~!
  • MommaKit79
    Options
    YELP!!! My alarm goes off at 4:00 and I think in a few weeks I am going to have to move it to 3:45 so I start at 4...It is ROUGH still after doing it for 6 months but, I have to so I do...there is not other time to do it. AND YES, when I dont get up in time, my whole day is SHOT!!! :-)
  • Chicrider
    Options
    I get up at 3.45 am and its crazy yet I have tried to do cardio after work and it terrible, i couldn't even get thru my workout. Its nice to know I am not alone in getting up so early in the morning.
  • veronica341972
    Options
    I work out when my three little ones go to bed..............that only leaves three older children but usually I can workout at least 30 minutes without any interruptions.......the key for me is to do a very hard active 20-25 minute workout. I can't do an hour's worth........May try to start getting up early however wonder if my little ones will get up the same time as I do ........
  • KateRunsColorado
    KateRunsColorado Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    I also used to think people that worked out in the mornings were crazy, until I tried it and now I LOVE IT!

I get up at 4:30 or 5 depending on the day, drive 30 minutes to my gym (which is pretty close to my work), and get an hour to 90 minutes of working out in all before 7am!!!

It's SUCH a great way to start the day, and now that I'm in the habit its not that bad anymore. I feel great for the rest of the day and I'm more conscious about eating healthy! Plus, my hubby works super early in the morning, meaning he goes to bed super early, so I get to spend more time with him in the evenings!!!
  • hreu213
    Options
    Morning workouts are the best!
    I feel amazing for the rest of the day, and everything just falls into place better!
  • renwicker
    renwicker Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Mad respect for you all. I dont start work until 11:30am, so my EARLY morning workout starts at 9:30.........and I still hate getting up. haha. No one has ever accused me of being a morning person.