Crazy Early Morning Workout People

Options
12346»

Replies

• Darcyclementine
    Darcyclementine Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Getting back into this starting tomorrow after having flu. Up at 5.30am - can't wait!
  • dsendre
    dsendre Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Got any tips for us peeps that still can't drag our butt out of bed? :smile:

Put your alarm clock across the room and place a 5-Hour Energy on it before you get to bed. When your alarm goes off, you have to get out of bed to shut it off. Pick up the 5-Hour Energy and drink it. Even if you lay back down in bed, you won't be asleep in 10 minutes which (for me at least) forces you to get up and workout.
  • MG_Fit
    MG_Fit Posts: 1,143 Member
    Options
    I find that I can't really sleep past 4:00 anymore during the week. For whatever reason I find myself waking up around 3:45. I usually try to be in bed around 10:00pm.

My motivation is:

1. I don't like working out when there are 200 people at my gym and I have to wait for anything really
    2. I feel like it gives me a jump start to the day.
    3. I don't want to be who I was 2 months ago

Think about it. If you tell yourself, I'm too tired, I'll just go tomorrow ... tomorrow will never come.
  • muztangsax
    muztangsax Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    How do you all do it???? I've tried so many times and I just feel wiped out. Any suggestions?
  • kathers01
    kathers01 Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    I wish I could work out in the mornings! Every time I try I just laugh when my alarm goes off and then go back to sleep! It would be so nice to not have to work out after work! Maybe some day I will get there... :smile:
  • MG_Fit
    MG_Fit Posts: 1,143 Member
    Options
    How do you all do it???? I've tried so many times and I just feel wiped out. Any suggestions?

What time do you sleep?
  • JusticeGirl25
    JusticeGirl25 Posts: 703 Member
    Options
    `I usually roll out of bed at 5am and use the treadmill in my basement for an hour downstairs, take a shower at 6, check my email, eat a little breakfast and try to be out the door no later than 7:30am.

On the weekends, I like to sleep in. I think I deserve it ;)
  • journey2change
    Options
    I have gotten up at 4:30 in the morning for over a year almost every monday through friday to go to a class at the Y. I know if I don't get up at that time then I will never go...so I go. :)
  • icimani
    icimani Posts: 1,454 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I think I'd like working out early in the morning. it works for a few days max - then that extra time sleeping become much more important. I think I'd be much happier working something like 11am-7pm. I'm not quite a night owl, but I'm happier if my day is delayed.

I've come to believe that morning people will never understand those of us who aren't morning people, and vice versa. For all you morrning people who try to convince me that it's so peaceful and quiet in the morning - just remember - I'm one of the people that provide that peace and quiet for you!
  • karendee4
    karendee4 Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    I am thinking of trying this. I might try getting up a little bit earlier each day. I am a substitute teacher so I don't work everyday. But getting my workout in at the same time would be great!! Plus it will be done before I get the kids to school and get stuff done around the house.

I guess a little bit of food before is a good idea? Not a full breakfast? I think someone said they eat 1/2 a banana.

Any suggestions on food before the early am workout?

thanks!