One Song You Cannot Stand

Options

Replies

• jcjsjones
    jcjsjones Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    Rihanna - Diamonds. I cannot stand this song. It may have been an enjoyable song at one time, but after hearing it over and over again, day after day, I just want to bash my brains in when I hear it! Come on radio people, play a VARIETY of music!

Ha! I drive my 11 yo son crazy with this song. When it comes on the radio, I always turn it up. I don't like it either, but it's nice to hear him whine every time it comes on..lol!
  • DEBAUD
    DEBAUD Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Anything by Nickelback. :noway:

My answer exactly!
  • jnichel
    jnichel Posts: 4,553 Member
    Options
    Somebody that I used to know, by Gotye. Ugh! Overkill on the radio!

My daughter LOVES that song. Lol, she kills me. I dunno why she likes it so much, she's 3.

My kids are all over the place. Oldest listens to Punk (or what passes for Punk these days), middle son likes Pop (I'm so disowning him), and my youngest (7yo) likes Metal (he introduced me to Godsmack).

The 7yo and I at the Alice Cooper/Iron Maiden concert:
    8495604782_4c2cde2aa5.jpg
  • TheFinalThird
    TheFinalThird Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    Pass the Dutchie - Musical Youth

Like nails on a chalkboard for me.
  • KevinsCatie
    KevinsCatie Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Anything from Sugarland because I hate the sound of that womans voice!!!! Great songs but I cant stand that womans voice.
  • KatieLou6585
    Options
    'Suit and Tie'

Barf.
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,135 Member
    Options
    Big Yellow Taxi - Joni Mitchell

I've woken up from dead sleeps to turn off the radio.
  • MayMaydoesntrun
    MayMaydoesntrun Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    Anything Michael Bolton. Or anyone resembling Michael Bolton.
  • emmiller23
    Options
    Two songs:

Taylor Swift - We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together
    Carly Rae Jepsen-Call Me Maybe

HORRIBLE HORRIBLE!!
    Anytime they come on the radio at work I get up from my desk and leave so I don't have to listen
  • hollyk57
    hollyk57 Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    Party Rock (or whatever it's called) - LMFAO. That song seriously gives me road rage when it comes on the radio. It pretty much embodies everything that is wrong with music today
  • jcjsjones
    jcjsjones Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    There are many, but I'm sick of that gangnam ****.

^^This!!
  • BigDnSW
    BigDnSW Posts: 641 Member
    Options
    "Achy Breaky Heart"... I once had to play it with our band in a club 7 times in one night on a 4th of July. Never again...and throw in "Mustang Sally"..."How many bands does it take to play 'Mustang Sally'?" "Apparently all of them! :noway:

edit: But I do love Justin Bieber :laugh:

BTW...it's "Throwback Thursday" on my wall...hence the goober pic of me in 1993....but it's fun...and add to it... TAYLOR SWIFT! :noway:
  • surromom2010
    surromom2010 Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    Most any pop,

But mostly This girl is on fire, If i hear that song one more time I WILL set that girl on fire..
  • mrfrodogetdown
    mrfrodogetdown Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Gangham Style.

This. Immediately the radio changes the channel.

SO enjoys making ridiculous rhymes out of it, but I prefer to just turn it off.
  • da1128
    da1128 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Feelings.
  • juliemouse83
    juliemouse83 Posts: 6,663 Member
    Options
    Gangham Style.

AHAHAHAH!!!

Absolutely this, as well....I think the reason I didn't name it was because I have blocked it out...
  • da1128
    da1128 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    An oldie from the 70s that only people my age might remember: Minnie Ripperton's Loving You. No words describe how much I hate that song, especially the "La La Las"! It's like nails on the chalkboard! I think my aversion stems from the fact she was one of those breathless, airy "singers" like Olivia Newton-John who is equally annoying to me. Seriously, if you can't belt it out like Whitney Houston, don't put your face near the mike!

This too! And ANY version of "Danny Boy."
  • juliemouse83
    juliemouse83 Posts: 6,663 Member
    Options
    My kids are all over the place. Oldest listens to Punk (or what passes for Punk these days), middle son likes Pop (I'm so disowning him), and my youngest (7yo) likes Metal (he introduced me to Godsmack).

The 7yo and I at the Alice Cooper/Iron Maiden concert:
    8495604782_4c2cde2aa5.jpg

You absolutely get the Cool Dad vote from me! And your 7y/o is not only adorable, but has good taste in music, LOL...
  • lrichardson2360
    lrichardson2360 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Stupid Ho by Nicki Minaj - I don't think there is a more stupid and talentless song in all the world.
  • RobfromLakewood
    Options
    Alanis Morissette - Ironic...

ironically not about irony >..<

Only one example of irony in the whole song, has always bothered me, though I like her. Guilty pleasure, I like Taylor Swift. Two people I change stations for...Rihana (especially 'We Found Love') and Nicki Minaj who sounds like she's making fun of rap by doing such an awful job of it, until you realize, she's really recording this as though she can rap.

Also agree, 'Suit and Tie' sucks, while it's being promoted like it's such a great song, don't understand.