Women in the UFC? C'MON

Options

Replies

• lacurandera1
    lacurandera1 Posts: 8,083 Member
    Options
    If I had more training or was younger I would absolutely fight for a living. And. Not. Be. Sad. At . All. While I kick bish's behinds and roll around in all my monies at night.

You're never too old to chase your dreams.....

121009030625-here-comes-the-boom-movie-story-top.jpg

LOL> You know, i watched that movie. And it was cute. But I kept thinking, Jeez, they coulda made him train a little bit so it actually LOOKED like he was fighting and getting a little fitter...
  • HeelsAndBoxingGloves
    Options
    So since the women will be fighting will there be super hot dudes in next to nothing holding the signs for each round??? :bigsmile:
  • myofibril
    myofibril Posts: 4,500 Member
    Options
    Seriously? As if the sport isn't barbaric enough with dudes. I'm certainly not hatin on people that are into it or watch it, but Women? I don't know, I just think its sad...

So basically what you are saying is that you don't like the idea of women hurting themselves in the name of entertainment?

I can see why that may be....
  • butterfli7o
    butterfli7o Posts: 1,319 Member
    Options
    I would SO watch it.
  • Danny_Boy13
    Danny_Boy13 Posts: 2,094 Member
    Options
    Meh...not my cup of tea but I will watch it. Do these girls have skills.... absolutely, but it is like watching a fight slowed down a little bit. I would compare it to the NBA and WNBA.... they are both entertaining but the one is slowed down a little bit and not as fast.
  • tedrickp
    tedrickp Posts: 1,229 Member
    Options
    Not the first time Gina Carano has saved a thread...
  • corn63
    corn63 Posts: 1,580 Member
    Options
    What do you mean by sad? ..

That we have, as a society in America, become so engrossed in violence and bloodshed.

What does that have to do with women in the UFC? Wouldn't that be UFC in general?

Edit....someone beat me to it
    History love, history. This is not new and the fact that this shocks you is highly entertaining. Bring on the violence and bloodshed!

And do you think it's a new thing for people to be engrossed by violence and bloodshed? Have you read a history book?

I think it's AWESOME!

As someone with a history degree in "violence and bloodshed" (it's totally a major, look it up) It's pretty awesome.
  • calibriintx
    calibriintx Posts: 1,741 Member
    Options
    I certainly don't think women just belong in the kitchen,

Well yeah, they gotta sleep sometimes.

Thank you! I also need time to pleasure my husband at his leisure.
  • _DaniD_
    _DaniD_ Posts: 2,186 Member
    Options
    Seriously? As if the sport isn't barbaric enough with dudes. I'm certainly not hatin on people that are into it or watch it, but Women? I don't know, I just think its sad...

So basically what you are saying is that you don't like the idea of women hurting themselves in the name of entertainment?

I can see why that may be....

They are not doing it in the name of entertainment. They do it because they enjoy the sport and make a **** load of money off of it. It happens to be entertaining.
  • MiloBloom83
    MiloBloom83 Posts: 2,724 Member
    Options
    And just because this thread needs more Gina Carano (yes....I think I love her)
    gina_carano_gifs_01.gif

15hivtl.gif

gina_carano_gifs_02.gif
    [/quote]

I would watch her do ANYTHING. Damn!
  • seena511
    seena511 Posts: 685 Member
    Options
    you've got to be kidding. are we still in the 50s?

ALSO Ronda Rousey is fighting on saturday and EVERYONE should watch it!!!
  • WDEvy
    WDEvy Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    Thank you! I agree ( Yes.. y'all go ahead and lynch me) It's soooo unlady like.
  • IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym
    Options
    I would totally do it... if they promised not to mess with my face.
  • Admiral_Derp
    Admiral_Derp Posts: 866 Member
    Options
    If only they didn't get so bulky.
  • _crafty_
    _crafty_ Posts: 1,682 Member
    Options
    I certainly don't think women just belong in the kitchen,

Well yeah, they gotta sleep sometimes.

Thank you! I also need time to pleasure my husband at his leisure.

^ this one's a keeper
  • diodelcibo
    diodelcibo Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    LMAO dude
  • seena511
    seena511 Posts: 685 Member
    Options
    This reminds me it's been entirely too long since the last time we played Fight Club....

you just broke the first two rules!
  • jez4ever
    jez4ever Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    What do you mean by sad? ..

That we have, as a society in America, become so engrossed in violence and bloodshed.

What does that have to do with women in the UFC? Wouldn't that be UFC in general?

Yes, I said in the original post - barbaric for men... I think its lame either way - hopefully, I don't get stuck in a dark alley with a UFC fighter (man or woman) :)
  • jez4ever
    jez4ever Posts: 190 Member
    Options

You secretly get off on it don't you?

he he...how'd you know? Seriously though, I just don't like it
  • IronMikeFox
    Options
    I haven't bothered to read all the thread responses, so my apologies if I am duplicating a previous post. The woman who is the current champ is AMAZING. She is an Olympic Bronze metal judoka and her grappling technique is among the best there is in MMA. If you understand what you are watching, she is amazing to watch. She is my favorite fighter out there right now, man or woman. I teach a recreational MMA class and a black belt level grappling class and I tell my students to check out YouTube clips of her if they want to see beautiful technique.