• Admiral_Derp
    Admiral_Derp Posts: 866 Member
    Options
    Ready to fight.

Sweep the leg!
  • FranksRumHam
    FranksRumHam Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    Seriously? As if the sport isn't barbaric enough with dudes. I'm certainly not hatin on people that are into it or watch it, but Women? I don't know, I just think its sad...

i, for one, agree...
    equaltiy schmequality. i'll go one further and say that i dont think you should be able to vote, or work, or drive.

i'll send you a FR, as i think we have the same ideals.
  • MG_Fit
    MG_Fit Posts: 1,143 Member
    Options
    gina_carano_gifs_20.gif
  • jez4ever
    jez4ever Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    What do you mean by sad? ..

That we have, as a society in America, become so engrossed in violence and bloodshed.

What does that have to do with women in the UFC? Wouldn't that be UFC in general?

Edit....someone beat me to it
    History love, history. This is not new and the fact that this shocks you is highly entertaining. Bring on the violence and bloodshed!

And do you think it's a new thing for people to be engrossed by violence and bloodshed? Have you read a history book?

I think it's AWESOME!

Yup, actually I am a huge history buff. Would you like me to give you some examples of what happens when societies become engrossed by violence and bloodshed? Long story short...its usually the end of such civilization.
  • KatLifter
    KatLifter Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    InaWrestle_zps1b0f377a.jpg

My former roommate competing at a charity event in London. Sad, huh? :tongue:
  • jez4ever
    Options
    I haven't bothered to read all the thread responses, so my apologies if I am duplicating a previous post. The woman who is the current champ is AMAZING. She is an Olympic Bronze metal judoka and her grappling technique is among the best there is in MMA. If you understand what you are watching, she is amazing to watch. She is my favorite fighter out there right now, man or woman. I teach a recreational MMA class and a black belt level grappling class and I tell my students to check out YouTube clips of her if they want to see beautiful technique.

Thats pretty cool. I haven't even looked at it from that point of view. Still, I'm not into crazy violence of the sport.
  • jmc0806
    jmc0806 Posts: 1,444 Member
    Options
    in for the Gina Carano gifs
  • IronMikeFox
    Options
    What do you mean by sad? ..

That we have, as a society in America, become so engrossed in violence and bloodshed.

What does that have to do with women in the UFC? Wouldn't that be UFC in general?

Yes, I said in the original post - barbaric for men... I think its lame either way - hopefully, I don't get stuck in a dark alley with a UFC fighter (man or woman) :)

You obviously have no understanding of the sport. Before you make ignorant comments, why don't you take a few classes and learn some of what is involved. If you actually understood what you are looking at and knew a little about the techniques involved, you would realize the amazing technique and artistry involved.
  • _SABOTEUR_
    _SABOTEUR_ Posts: 6,833 Member
    Options
    Seriously? As if the sport isn't barbaric enough with dudes. I'm certainly not hatin on people that are into it or watch it, but Women? I don't know, I just think its sad...

Wait, not only are you suggesting that women are 'sad' (pathetic? upset? seasonal affective disorder?) for wanting to participate in UFC, but women are more barbaric than men, in general?

No comment.
  • _Timmeh_
    _Timmeh_ Posts: 2,096 Member
    Options
    I haven't bothered to read all the thread responses, so my apologies if I am duplicating a previous post. The woman who is the current champ is AMAZING. She is an Olympic Bronze metal judoka and her grappling technique is among the best there is in MMA. If you understand what you are watching, she is amazing to watch. She is my favorite fighter out there right now, man or woman. I teach a recreational MMA class and a black belt level grappling class and I tell my students to check out YouTube clips of her if they want to see beautiful technique.

Thats pretty cool. I haven't even looked at it from that point of view. Still, I'm not into crazy violence of the sport.

It's actually less violent than boxing. Up to 12 rounds of blows to the head and body versus 3 rounds of MMA.
  • cordianet
    cordianet Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    In. SO IN.

Anyone want a sandwich while we wait for the sh*tstorm that's about to happen?

Can't tell you how tempted I was to say "Make me a sammich woman!"...
  • IronMikeFox
    Options

That's cool if it's not your thing. But, again, please don't go down the whole overly violent road if you haven't really done your research. In all fairness, MMA is no more violent than boxing, football, or hockey.
  • _Witsy_
    _Witsy_ Posts: 609 Member
    Options
    Nope. Never seen a girl fight. And, I never want to.

I certainly don't think women just belong in the kitchen, and I definitely support our AMAZING women in the military. UFC though, to me - just crazy. To each there own I guess.

UFC is a sport, in my opinion. So not sure how it's ok for women to serve in our military but not do UFC.
  • _Witsy_
    _Witsy_ Posts: 609 Member
    Options
    Ready to fight.

Sweep the leg!
    Put em in a body bag!
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options

That's cool if it's not your thing. But, again, please don't go down the whole overly violent road if you haven't really done your research. In all fairness, MMA is no more violent than boxing, football, or hockey.

Bolded for effect.
  • jez4ever
    Options
    Oviously stating "Women in the UFC? C'MON" grabbed everyone's attention. Heck, that's what posting is all about, right? Getting people talking and seeking feedback?

It's not a women vs. men thing. I think it's equally wrong...too much violence for the sol purpose of what? Entertainment? I may not know that much about the sport, the "moves and artistry", but I've read enough to see what happens to these people once they are no longer competitive. The sports eats 'em up and spits them out - even their dignity is gone. SAD, sad, sad!
  • escloflowneCHANGED
    escloflowneCHANGED Posts: 3,038 Member
    Options

gina_carano_gifs_02.gif

I could literally watch this all day lol

Here is some Ronda for you

rousey-arm-bar.gif
    tumblr_m623dcn6j61ry1rm7o1_500.gif
    2245155_o.gif
  • Strawberry8626
    Strawberry8626 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    To each its own.. Everybody is entitled to their opinion. I personally don't agree to everything out there now a days but at the same time that is on that individual. At the end of the day, I think that women should be given the same opportunity as men. So go on girls and FIGHT!!! I will definately be watching. This might even be better than the men UFC.
  • cubizzle
    cubizzle Posts: 900 Member
    Options

almost.gif
  • jenbit
    jenbit Posts: 4,289 Member
    Options
    society has gotten substantily LESS violent in its entertainment compared to the past... Hello Gladiators, slve fights and Thu Hunt (when the prey was human and not a fox) Personally these women rock