Satisfying My Sweet-tooth

Options
FitBlackChick
FitBlackChick Posts: 215 Member
What do you guys snack on when you want to satisfy your sweet-tooth without sabotaging your weight loss? Could use some ideas please :smile:

Replies

• ijavagypsy
    Options
    One of the posters here engage in a zen-like process of putting one square of chocolate or one piece of Dove chocolate on his/her tongue, closes eyes, lets it melt, concentrates on nothing but that.

http://www.sparkrecipes.com/
    Has some really delicious healthy recipes.

Here's one I'm going to try from skinnytaste.com :

Healthy Cookies
    Skinnytaste.com
    Servings: 8 • Size: 2 cookies • Old Points: 2 pts • Points+: 2 pt
    Calories: 93 • Fat: 3.5 g • Carb: 15 g • Fiber: 2 g • Protein: 2 g • Sugar: 4.5 g
    Sodium: 0.4 mg
    Ingredients:
    • 2 medium ripe bananas, mashed
    • 1 cup of uncooked quick oats*
    • 1/4 cup crushed walnuts

Directions:
    Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray a non-stick cookie sheet with cooking spray or use a Silpat.
    Combine the mashed bananas and oats in a bowl. Fold in the walnuts and place a tablespoon of each on the cookie sheet.
    Bake 15 minutes. Makes 16 cookies.

Hope this helps!
  • elliev30
    elliev30 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    For me.. it's sherbert. Not sure if it's good for me but calories and fat are low and it really helps my sweet tooth. Or.. I use greek non fat yogurt with a splenda and teaspoon of strawberry preserves. yummmm
  • Justjamie0418
    Justjamie0418 Posts: 1,065 Member
    Options
    Skinnycow ice cream sandwiches. Oh yeah...
  • deladypilot
    deladypilot Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    Oh yeah, Skiiny Cow stuff is great. I keep several different things in my freezer to solve many a sweet tooths. I also keep jello choc. pudding cups (60 calories) as well a jello cups (10 calories). I find a way each day to have something sweet so I never feel deprived.
  • FitBlackChick
    Options

I would like to give these a try, where can i buy them please?
  • FitBlackChick
    Options
    Thanks guys for all the amazing suggestions! Keep 'em coming :wink:
  • dualspires
    dualspires Posts: 2 Member
    Options

I would like to give these a try, where can i buy them please?

I know for sure you can buy them at Walmart and Walgreens.
  • KaraLee69
    KaraLee69 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Skinny Cow...haven't tried the ice cream, but the candy bars (110cal) are so good! My kids eat them too. Sherbert is yummy. And Fudgesicle with no added sugar (original) are only 40 calories each. They get me through!
  • CharityGC
    CharityGC Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    I have a huge sweet tooth! I make cookies and then freeze them prior to baking. Then, when I'm craving something sweet, I take one or two out and bake them. If I bake an entire batch, they won't last longer than a few days! I also like knowing they're homemade and I know exactly what I'm eating.
  • 1LeeR
    1LeeR Posts: 3
    Options
    A Milky Way is my treat. I have super-sweet teeth. I also work in a Medical Centre, which means we have an endless supply of lollies in each of the doctors rooms (for when the kids get their immunisation shots). It's tricky not to eat handfuls when stressed and/or tired.
    Milky Way - most definitely.
  • zillah73
    zillah73 Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    I like Cookiehead Sprouted Grain Mini Brownies (53 calories but very soft and chocolatey) and dark chocolate. For the dark chocolate, I find if I get something 75% cocoa or higher I am satisfied by a very small amount (1 or 2 squares). I have heard good things about Skinnycow but the lists of bizarre, scary and processed ingredients give me the heebie jeebies.
  • susannegreen
    susannegreen Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I get fat free cool whip and leave it in the freezer and have a couple tbsp as a snack every now and then.
  • FitBlackChick
    Options
    I like Cookiehead Sprouted Grain Mini Brownies (53 calories but very soft and chocolatey) and dark chocolate. For the dark chocolate, I find if I get something 75% cocoa or higher I am satisfied by a very small amount (1 or 2 squares). I have heard good things about Skinnycow but the lists of bizarre, scary and processed ingredients give me the heebie jeebies.

That's true, it's also important to consider the ingredients inside a lot of these low calorie processed foods. Some of them can be really harmful
  • Ajholden
    Ajholden Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Same problem here. I solve it with the following options:
    1-frozen Cool Whip Free w/1 T lite chocolate syrup and a variety of fruit on top
    2-1 tsp or two of peanut butter with a few dark chocolate or butter toffee almonds
    3-The 3-2-1 cake recipe that combines Angel Food cake mix and Devil's Food cake mix, but there's about 116 calories in 3T, so I combine 2T and 1.5T of water and microwave for 1 minute. I also use sugar free Devil's Food and then top with lite chocolate syrup and frozen Cool Whip
    4-Yasso Greek frozen yogurt. 1 bar=70 calories
    5-I make a batch of mini chocolate pumpkin muffins by mixing Sugar Free Devil's Food cake mix and 1 can of Pumpkin puree and bake them in a mini muffin tin. This is about 37 calories each.
  • Jdsides
    Options
    Look at Chocolate covered Katie's website. My teenage daughter makes us desserts all the time from her recipes and they are great, we love them!
  • jimosaurus42
    Options
    I'm all about the fruit! :D Strawberries or better yet Raspberries really do it for me, and they are good for ya to boot!
  • loricasanas
    Options
    Sometimes late at night I like to snack on frozen grapes or a frozen banana sliced up. It's sweet and takes awhile to eat. Or the skinny cow truffle bars...mint is my fave!
  • FitBlackChick
    Options
    Look at Chocolate covered Katie's website. My teenage daughter makes us desserts all the time from her recipes and they are great, we love them!

OMG. THANK YOU for this website :happy:
  • 1LeeR
    1LeeR Posts: 3
    Options
    Also, Pink Lady apples. Not sure if you can get them outside of Australia, but they taste like lemonade to me :)
  • zenalasca
    zenalasca Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    Pink lady apples are awesome.

I wish you could get cool whip in Australia.