Satisfying My Sweet-tooth

Options

Replies

• FranksRumHam
    FranksRumHam Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    hershey kisses, brownies, cookies, m&ms (i prefer peanut butter or coconut but will settle for any of them), i also enjoy eating chocolate covered fruits like cranberries and bing cherries (they pair very well with a nice red)
  • Italiano7
    Italiano7 Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    Skinnycow ice cream sandwiches. Oh yeah...

^^^^^THIS...YUM:tongue:
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    I like sugar free jello with Lite Cool Whip.

I also like the Weight Watchers fudge bars...yum!
  • Jen800
    Jen800 Posts: 548 Member
    Options
    Skinnycow ice cream sandwiches. Oh yeah...

I would like to give these a try, where can i buy them please?

I know for sure you can buy them at Walmart and Walgreens.

Although Skinnycows are low in calories, they are also FULL of chemicals. They aren't really food, they're more of a lab experiment. I used to eat them and now I don't. I would just go for some real icecream, just a bit. Pleaaaaassee don't put more money into this company's pockets! they are just like those silly weight watchers "snacks" with the mile long ingredient list.

Try this recipe, I use it ALL the time and it TOTALLY satisfies me.
    2 frozen ripe bananas
    1 tablespoon peanut butter (all natural)
    1/4 cup almond/soy/dairy milk
    (optional: a tablespoon of cocoa powder)

This makes about 3/4 cup I'd say, and is TOTALLY delicious and full of healthy nutrients!
    It tastes almost exactly like real icecream with a hint of banana flavor (Its not gross or overwhelming though)

also, check out www.chocolatecoveredkatie.com and skinnytaste.com. Excellent sites for delicious treats!
  • xXxHBICxXx
    xXxHBICxXx Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    Fiber one brownies are good and low calories, skinny cow and weight watchers ice cream or candy and graham crackers with low fat cool whip, freeze them and they taste like an ice cream sandwhich soooooo good!
  • jaylas_mom21
    jaylas_mom21 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Mott's natural applesauce...only 50 calories but satisfies my sugar craving.
  • 366to266
    366to266 Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    Hi Chick

I see you are still using that euphemism "sweet tooth". Why not call it what it REALLY is?

Sugar addiction.

Then the question becomes, "how can I follow a healthy diet AND continue to feed my sugar addiction"?

I tried to do that for years and it never, NEVER worked. In the end I had (very reluctantly) to come out of denial and fess up - I was addicted to sugar and was finding any excuse or justification to keep eating it. (Same thing happens with smokers, drug addicts and alcoholics).

Then I had to go Cold Turkey to get rid of a 50-year sugar addiction. Painful? YES, I won't lie to you. Worth it? Definitely! Am now free of the addiction, and I feel that I have really achieved something. I can follow a diet without continually trying to find ways of adding sugar. PHEW!
  • sgff24
    sgff24 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    try hungrygirl.com

The Mississippi Mug Pie is AwEsOmE!!!!

Spray a mug with PAM
    Then mix togethe rin mug...
    3 Tablespoons devils food cake mix
    1 Tablespoon egg substitute
    2 Tablespoons water
    1 Teaspoon mini chocolate chips
    1/3 of packaged 60 cal pudding cup (dark chcocolate is good)
    1 packat of diet hot cocao mix (25 calories)
    cook in microwave for 1 minute...fluff with fork and then add the rest of the pudding cup
    cook for 1 more minute
    add fat free whipped cream
    EAT OMGAHHHHHH so good!
    223 cals and 5g fat
  • sarahthin
    sarahthin Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Some of those ingredients cause scary side effects. Had to give all of those up a long time ago
  • SherryTeach
    SherryTeach Posts: 2,836 Member
    Options
    One of the posters here engage in a zen-like process of putting one square of chocolate or one piece of Dove chocolate on his/her tongue, closes eyes, lets it melt, concentrates on nothing but that.

http://www.sparkrecipes.com/
    Has some really delicious healthy recipes.

Here's one I'm going to try from skinnytaste.com :

Healthy Cookies
    Skinnytaste.com
    Servings: 8 • Size: 2 cookies • Old Points: 2 pts • Points+: 2 pt
    Calories: 93 • Fat: 3.5 g • Carb: 15 g • Fiber: 2 g • Protein: 2 g • Sugar: 4.5 g
    Sodium: 0.4 mg
    Ingredients:
    • 2 medium ripe bananas, mashed
    • 1 cup of uncooked quick oats*
    • 1/4 cup crushed walnuts

Directions:
    Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray a non-stick cookie sheet with cooking spray or use a Silpat.
    Combine the mashed bananas and oats in a bowl. Fold in the walnuts and place a tablespoon of each on the cookie sheet.
    Bake 15 minutes. Makes 16 cookies.

Hope this helps!

I made this once. Nothing about it was a cookie. Disgusting.
  • kasealey
    Options
    I eat a snack size snickers bar (80 calories) or the fun size pack of M&M's (90 calories).
  • lizjjam
    lizjjam Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I had a sweet craving yesterday. Had a bowl of organic oatmeal mixed with skim milk, cinammon and artifical sweetner. I know it´s not ideal but filled me up and got rid of the sweet craving.
  • tiffanicalistro
    tiffanicalistro Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I LOVE THE NEW FIBER ONE SNACKS, THE CHOCOLATE CHIPS COOKIE BARS, BROWNIE BARS AND THE NEW CHOCOLATE CEREAL :) TASTES LIKE COCOA PUFFS BUT ONLY 80 CALORIES
  • jppric2
    jppric2 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Mash up a banana with pb or trader joes cookie butter, looks gross but yummy! Or I heat up some mini chocolate chips and pour a bunch of raspberries over top!.
  • fourteeners
    Options
    I'll eat some dark chocolate with cashews.... fills me up, satisfies the sweet craving, and doesn't have a ton of sugar...
  • Amy106Days
    Amy106Days Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    I have trouble with too salty or too sweet. Love them both as flavor options but if I go too far to one side my day spirals out of control food wise. For not too sweet sweets I like to keep frozen banana (halves and quarters) on hand one of these dipped in dark cocoa powder will usually hit the spot without spiking my sugar.
    I also love this 300 cal dessert
    1 Fat free chocolate pudding cup
    2 sheets nabisco honey graham crackers
    1 navel orange (or 2 clementines)
    I like it because it really feels like I have had dessert and leaves me feeling full and satisfied.
    I could probably do better if I baked and froze portions of the wonderful recipes I find online but not being lazy is one of the things I am still working on.
  • Amy106Days
    Amy106Days Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Hi Chick

I see you are still using that euphemism "sweet tooth". Why not call it what it REALLY is?

Sugar addiction.

Then the question becomes, "how can I follow a healthy diet AND continue to feed my sugar addiction"?

I tried to do that for years and it never, NEVER worked. In the end I had (very reluctantly) to come out of denial and fess up - I was addicted to sugar and was finding any excuse or justification to keep eating it. (Same thing happens with smokers, drug addicts and alcoholics).

Then I had to go Cold Turkey to get rid of a 50-year sugar addiction. Painful? YES, I won't lie to you. Worth it? Definitely! Am now free of the addiction, and I feel that I have really achieved something. I can follow a diet without continually trying to find ways of adding sugar. PHEW!

Congratulations on your success!
  • StephTanis
    StephTanis Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    1 frozen banana
    A few frozen strawberries
    1 tbsp skim milk
    1 tbsp (or more...) unsweetened cocoa powder

Mix in a food processer until it has the consistency of soft serve ice cream.

Delicious!
  • Mcgrawhaha
    Mcgrawhaha Posts: 1,596 Member
    Options
    fiber one 90 cal chocolate brownies
  • SexyPrettyMama
    Options
    I'm all about the fruit! :D Strawberries or better yet Raspberries really do it for me, and they are good for ya to boot!

Yep, and raw carrots.