What's the single most effective change you've made?

Options

Replies

• onsugarhill
    onsugarhill Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I can't decide between two:

- Bringing lunch to work at least 3 days per week instead of getting takeout every day. This has helped my budget & my calorie count!

- Planning the next day or two in advance. It's a great feeling to know I can hit my calorie and macro goals by just following my plan, and I give myself an evening treat almost every day so I have something extra to look forward to.
  • herz28camaro
    herz28camaro Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    keep my makeup in my gym locker to force me to go.
  • SophinMaine
    SophinMaine Posts: 48 Member
    Options

LOL! I'd never heard that one before!

For me, it's reducing bread and cookies intake.
    Or, burning more calories by exercising more.
  • cccatron
    cccatron Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    limit carbs and sugars and drink water
  • pennylaner
    Options

That is an amazing idea.

Definitely just logging EVERYTHING, being honest and overestimating instead of underestimating (for example, before I'd log "1 tbsp peanut butter" when it was actually a more generous scoop...). Planning the next day's meals in the food tracker ahead of time (to budget for weekend treats).

Also, simply being more mindful has lessened my sugar cravings. In fact, i basically never want sweets now! Now I just have to watch I don't eat too much salty stuff, haha.
  • WDEvy
    WDEvy Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    Quit smoking.
  • woodsygirl
    woodsygirl Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    Eating a crap ton of food and weight training. ;)
  • ANewLucia
    ANewLucia Posts: 2,081 Member
    Options
    Eating a crap ton of food and weight training. ;)

That ^^^
  • leanbody4life
    leanbody4life Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Portion control and staying away from soda !!
  • Dlacenere
    Dlacenere Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    Hard to put just one - eating a lot more calories, lifting weights and drinking a lot of water
  • BriUndead
    Options
    Cutting out pop and fast foods. I'm a bit of a mountain dew addict and my husband and I used to eat out a lot. So I'm trying to hardly ever eat out and mainly drink water.
  • lh1626
    lh1626 Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    I have been logging religiously since last May. I think I skipped a total of 5 days due to being sick....and Christmas! I need to log to keep myself accountable. It drives me nuts if I don't! :laugh:
  • meaningful99
    Options
    Logging every single bite! If it goes in the mouth, it goes in the log.
  • linxus
    linxus Posts: 87
    Options
    I would say the most effective change I've ever experienced, is only having water as a drink. : )
  • Nicolee_2014
    Nicolee_2014 Posts: 1,572 Member
    Options
    Going back to my personal trainer 2 times a week! I wasn't budging on the scales - been back for 2 weeks & it's coming off. YAY
  • hotrodhoney1989
    Options
    Eating more often and eating smaller meals and more fruit and veg : )
  • gfedex
    gfedex Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    It's a tie between daily gym visits and eating clean, because I think they influence each other: I don't want to eat crap if I've worked out, and I don't want to fuel myself with crap if I'm going to be working out.
  • xoariellexo22
    Options
    adding strength training with my cardio, drinking more water, and logging in EVERYTHING...made me realize how much I was really eating
  • andreagreen1974
    andreagreen1974 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Clean eating! No processed garbage!
  • rumplesnat
    Options
    Getting up at 5am workout M-F, before anyone else is up, to get it done and over with for the day. Sucked for a long time, but a year later, It's just my schedule. LOVE IT!!!