Options
Adrini
Adrini Posts: 56 Member
I'm mostly DC myself. Anyone else?

Replies

• jnichel
    jnichel Posts: 4,553 Member
    Options
    Haven't followed them in well over 10 years, and I was strictly Marvel. I still buy and collect....just don't really read them anymore.
  • RetroRob
    Options
    I like the walking dead comics, so much better than the show.
  • crazytreelady
    crazytreelady Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    I am a Marvel fan, but I also delve into the HM mags (not really comics).

I have quite a few horror comics from the 90's though.
  • TheLuSir
    TheLuSir Posts: 1,674 Member
    Options
    Mostly Marvel here, but as you can probably tell from my photo I dabble in DC as well.

Okay, I'll admit it, I dabble in lots of comics, not just the popular titles. I'm a nerd. (@-@)
  • AlanTuring
    Options
    Make Mine Marvel!

Though not since the Onslaught thing, give or take. Since then, the only comics I have really read have been Buffy Season 8/9 and the spinoffs. And even then, only because the Demigod that is Joss Whedon is involved.
  • horsewhisper91
    horsewhisper91 Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    Who ever doesn't....don't know what they are missing!

I grew up with two brothers and a sister. The older two liked stuff like Sonic and such comic series. But my brother and I liked Batman series. My personal favorite from the DC universe is Nightwing. :)

But since I'd really like to do a photo shot as a character, Supergirl has become one of my recent favorites.
  • BldHny2002
    BldHny2002 Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    YES. I love both universes.
  • TheLuSir
    Options

I grew up with two brothers and a sister. The older two liked stuff like Sonic and such comic series. But my brother and I liked Batman series. My personal favorite from the DC universe is Nightwing. :)

But since I'd really like to do a photo shot as a character, Supergirl has become one of my recent favorites.

Why not a female version of Nightwing? Original and your favorite character all wrapped into one!
  • AlanTuring
    Options

Why not a female version of Nightwing? Original and your favorite character all wrapped into one!
    That's not a bad idea at all. I've seen some great execution of female versions of superheroes for cosplay. :)
  • emmymcq
    emmymcq Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    I LOVE comics! Read 'em all the time! My favorite is The Killing Joke. Love DC. Feel free to add me if you want.
  • Sharkington
    Options
    I am. I grew up with Marvel (X-Men and Spidey), but I also read quite a few D.C. titles now and have been exploring more recently. Actually, sparing Deadpool, most of my attention in the past year has gone towards D.C.I stopped following X-Men years ago up until X-men vs. Avengers...and even then, I fell behind.

I also read some other random graphic novels here and there.
  • majica8
    majica8 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Not recent comics, but have a collection of 300 or so Amazing Spider-Man comics, the earliest being Issue 30-something (been a while since I looked at them) and a full run from around Issue 250 to 400ish.
    I don't have any of the really rare/valuable ones, but the ones I do have are in mint condition mostly and a few of the later issues are signed by various people.
    I do have Issue 50, even graded by CGC but only at 2.5 lol, it's not worth a lot in that condition.
  • horsewhisper91
    Options

I might at some point. But the costume of the 2006 series Supergirl is motivating me to get into better shape more. That and my friends and I already have the costume half way done! Just the skirt and trim of the top to go!
    I might have to post some of the photos after the shoot on here at some point.

That and a female version of Nightwing, I'd have to dye my hair black or get a wig. :)
  • indisguise
    Options
    DC Vertigo and other misc. comics. I was massively addicted to Neil Gaiman's Sandman series (still am - it's a great storyline!). I used to follow Elfquest (WaRP Graphics) and I bought a number of 'independent' comics about 15 years ago, but I haven't had any cash in my budget to keep up with all of it anymore.
    Currently I've started reading the Fables series....
  • redheaddee
    redheaddee Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    Marvel for sure. Some of the DC characters are too perfect, I like my heroes to have some flaws (hmm, perhaps the interest in psychology started here...) Starfire is bad*kitten*, NOTHING like the cartoon.starfire_zps8713d00d.jpg
  • TheLuSir
    Options
    Not recent comics, but have a collection of 300 or so Amazing Spider-Man comics, the earliest being Issue 30-something (been a while since I looked at them) and a full run from around Issue 250 to 400ish.
    I don't have any of the really rare/valuable ones, but the ones I do have are in mint condition mostly and a few of the later issues are signed by various people.
    I do have Issue 50, even graded by CGC but only at 2.5 lol, it's not worth a lot in that condition.

It's nearly impossible to have a NM comic these days...
  • TheLuSir
    Options

I might at some point. But the costume of the 2006 series Supergirl is motivating me to get into better shape more. That and my friends and I already have the costume half way done! Just the skirt and trim of the top to go!

That and a female version of Nightwing, I'd have to dye my hair black or get a wig. :)

I see where you're coming from. Besides Supergirl shows more skin. So, it may be a better costume to pull of to show all your progress.

But the nerd in me wants Nightwing! :P
  • ReinasWrath
    ReinasWrath Posts: 1,173 Member
    Options
    Marvel!!!!! though I will admit to liking SOME DC characters... :3 I haven't bought any in years though, getting too expensive of a habit now that rent is involved lol
  • horsewhisper91
    Options

I see where you're coming from. Besides Supergirl shows more skin. So, it may be a better costume to pull of to show all your progress.

But the nerd in me wants Nightwing! :P

Well like I said, I might. Though it would be up in the air about which to model the suit after. I'm getting used to the red one they have in the 52 series. But I think I'd go with the more 2000 look with the blue symbol with the finger stripes.
  • lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    Options
    Besides the 2 big names, I also read a few Dark Horse titles. Buffy, Angel & Faith.