Any Comic Book Fans here?

Options

Replies

• horsewhisper91
    horsewhisper91 Posts: 456 Member
    Options

There's no way they can make it worse. There is a clause in DC contracts that say "Absolutely no Kristen Stewart..."

Clause there FTW!
  • NobodyInParticular
    NobodyInParticular Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    I get all the Joker storylines. By far my favorite comic character. Even though all I post on here is Bane stuff.
  • Silver_Star
    Silver_Star Posts: 1,351 Member
    Options
    Marvel! Asterix and Obelix!! Tintin!!!
  • seanezekiel
    seanezekiel Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    I own a comic.gaming store. you could say I am a fan :)
  • LetsMakeupXtina
    LetsMakeupXtina Posts: 627 Member
    Options
    yep, "nerd" at heart here... raised by a dad with a huge comic book collection! not afraid to admit it either ;)
  • TheLuSir
    TheLuSir Posts: 1,674 Member
    Options
    yep, "nerd" at heart here... raised by a dad with a huge comic book collection! not afraid to admit it either ;)

Imagine if you were. This post would not exist. ~_~
  • vicrandom
    vicrandom Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I don't shun Marvel/DC, but I find the continuities aggravating... I cherry-pick for writers and artists I like. That said, X-Men Forever.

All-Time Favorites: Kabuki, Planetary, Astro City, SAGA (oh my god, are you not reading Saga? GO PICK UP SAGA) and Hellboy. I had to trim a lot of titles due to some financial circumstances, but monthly I'm still picking up Hellboy, Fatale, and Saga. BPRD I thought I would stick with until the bitter end, but I realized I was only reading it because it's intertwined with the hellboy storyline and I haven't actually ENJOYED it for years... man, letting go stings.
  • TheLuSir
    Options

Do you read everything before you sell it?

I would.
  • DontStopB_Leakin
    DontStopB_Leakin Posts: 3,863 Member
    Options
    Mostly DC
    But not so much the new 52. Maybe if I kept up with it more lol

I've recently got into Marvel pretty well :) Love Marvel movies, they're always better than DC, aside from the latest Batman trilogy, which is sad. DC would be EPIC if they made movies like Marvel.
    Fixed it for you.

Oh, nonono. Have you read the comic Nolan based that trilogy off off?
    Nothing like it :c
    It's cool, but it doesn't cut it as a real batman movie for me.
    The (animated) Dark Knight returns part 1&2 has so many feels! ;~; If you haven't watched it. Do so
    I have. My previous statement still stands, though.

I mean really, Marvel movies are so good because they *don't* follow the comics. They adapt them for film, cutting out the bits that don't transfer well to screen.

Also, in fairness to Nolan, the third movie would have followed Returns much better if Heath Ledger hadn't have died. So, there's that.
  • shrinkingjackie
    Options
    Marvel...Xmen...I have complete sets...I LOVE them....
  • LetsMakeupXtina
    LetsMakeupXtina Posts: 627 Member
    Options
    Marvel...Xmen...I have complete sets...I LOVE them....

I knew we were friends for a reason!!! ;)
  • BrettPGH
    BrettPGH Posts: 4,720 Member
    Options

I mean really, Marvel movies are so good because they *don't* follow the comics. They adapt them for film, cutting out the bits that don't transfer well to screen.

Also, in fairness to Nolan, the third movie would have followed Returns much better if Heath Ledger hadn't have died. So, there's that.

What excuses did they have to make for the Avengers?

Oh yeah! None. Because it rocked.
  • seanezekiel
    seanezekiel Posts: 228 Member
    Options

Do you read everything before you sell it?

I would.

If only I had the time. I try to read as much as I can. A Marvel Zombie at heart.
  • IronHutch
    IronHutch Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    Not at all...:wink:
  • LokiOfAsgard
    LokiOfAsgard Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    Mostly DC
    But not so much the new 52. Maybe if I kept up with it more lol

I've recently got into Marvel pretty well :) Love Marvel movies, they're always better than DC, aside from the latest Batman trilogy, which is sad. DC would be EPIC if they made movies like Marvel.
    Fixed it for you.

Oh, nonono. Have you read the comic Nolan based that trilogy off off?
    Nothing like it :c
    It's cool, but it doesn't cut it as a real batman movie for me.
    The (animated) Dark Knight returns part 1&2 has so many feels! ;~; If you haven't watched it. Do so

Well, you see, Nolan didn't really follow the comics either. And he killed off a bunch of good characters.
    And the ending to TDKR was just... I can't see that happening in the real Gotham city.
    No real boy wonder.
    It's just. Eh.

It's a good story on it's own. I like it I do. But if you're comparing it's accuracy it might as well be as accurate as Batman and Robin :frown: So that kinda decreases my like for it as a 'good' movie.

EDIT: Okay, maybe comparing it to Batman and Robin was a bit to far. But you get my drift
  • TheLuSir
    Options

What was with Captain America? Did he stop taking protein and start Insanity? He was so tiny. I'll blame the suit...
  • Pixi_Rex
    Pixi_Rex Posts: 1,676 Member
    Options
    Yup... but not heavily into Marvel or Dc... more of a Darkhorse, Homage, Crusade, etc. Was really big into Darkchylde, Witchblade, Shi, Painkiller Jane etc.

At one point every payday was spent at the Comic book store.. I would spend hundreds of dollars at a time, and mostly on the$ .50 - $1.00 comics.
  • TheLuSir
    Options
    Yup... but not heavily into Marvel or Dc... more of a Darkhorse, Homage, Crusade, etc. Was really big into Darkchylde, Witchblade, Shi, Painkiller Jane etc.

At one point every payday was spent at the Comic book store.. I would spend hundreds of dollars at a time, and mostly on the$ .50 - $1.00 comics.

Oh, so you must know seanezekiel!
  • BrettPGH
    BrettPGH Posts: 4,720 Member
    Options

What was with Captain America? Did he stop taking protein and start Insanity? He was so tiny. I'll blame the suit...

Captain America.. tiny?!?

Oh it's about to get very ugly in here.

The ONLY reason he might have looked tiny is because he was standing next to the friggin' Hulk. Batman looked pretty tiny himself and he was just getting beat up by Bane.
  • IronHutch
    IronHutch Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    I've always loved comic books and comic book movies, I have a baby daughter, and I've already got a Wonder Woman tin, plushie, and beginning readers comic book for her. I'm more a fan of the movies nowadays, and can't wait for this summer's releases. As far as Marvel vs. DC? I love them both...Superman, Batman, Wolverine, and Hulk all BA!