Opinions please: Why do women get breast implants?

Options

Replies

• Momf3boys
    Momf3boys Posts: 1,637 Member
    Options
    The OP also didn't ask if you need implants to improve your health. I appreciate your opinion...however it came off as extremely rude. Everyone is entitled to their opinion and thank God not everyone has the same. I'm guessing that you would frown upon people who have surgery to replace a lost limb...even though they don't NEED it...
  • TheConsciousFoody
    TheConsciousFoody Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    First of all if you are a man - you have no room to answer. If you are a woman who has natural boobs and does not have fake ones ... you can not answer. I believe this question should be only answered by women who have had them done or who have considered it!
    Yeah, but the OP asked for OPINIONS..............and there wasn't a criteria of people chosen to answer. You don't like the opinion, it's okay to disagree.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
    Its fine for people to have their opinions but the same time those of us WITH implants are giving facts on why WE got them. Our reasons aren't opinions. Plus, those who don't know us or know why we got them shouldn't assume we got them to try to out beat the compeitition, or to impress anyone.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,618 Member
    Options
    Working with cancer patients and being one is totally different...BELIEVE ME!!! You will NEVER understand!! To the OP...women get them for various reasons...there is not one answer and you can't put everyone in the same category...it's an individual choice
    I don't disagree that I'll never understand the "feeling" of ever having or facing it, however I've got to see how it affects them. Women put themselves under a lot of pressure to conform to how society views how a "sexy" female should look.
    I'd really like you to answer my questions though: If breasts are removed from a mastectomy, especially from cancer, are breast implants needed for health enhancement? If no, then does it make them any less than a female if they didn't have them? If no to that, then what is the motivation of getting them?

IDEA Fitness member

Obviously you don't need them for health reasons but if you lose your arm or leg in an accident you don't need that either so do you look down on those people too if they get replacements...
    Where have I ever stated that I looked down on breast implants? Somehow you've gotten that I'm against them. I'm NOT. I gave you an objective opinion on why I believe that women get them and now you've began turning to strawman arguments.
    As to limb replacement vs breast replacement, there is a difference, especially cost wise. Say a guy lost both arms. He could probably still drive without prosthetics, but what would be the cost of no prosthetics vs having prosthetics be when modifying a vehicle? Same with legs. One can be wheel chair bound and have limited or time consuming access or prosthetics and live pretty regularly.
    In reality, breasts really only for one thing. Arms and legs are part of a physical lifestyle.

IDEA Fitness member
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    And also...I am a breast cancer survivor...no matter how many women you have worked with you will NEVER understand any of it.
    I applaud that you are. But this doesn't have much to do with the opinions that I have stated on why I believe women get implants. It's a strawman argument.
    You've already stated that they aren't needed for health enhancement, so the it's basically come down to the option of getting them to feel more feminine. And again I ask, does a female who doesn't have visual breasts (whether from genetics or mastectomy) end up being less of a female because of it?

IDEA Fitness member
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    The OP also didn't ask if you need implants to improve your health. I appreciate your opinion...however it came off as extremely rude. Everyone is entitled to their opinion and thank God not everyone has the same. I'm guessing that you would frown upon people who have surgery to replace a lost limb...even though they don't NEED it...
    Your perception made it come off as rude. I was merely looking at it from a perspective approach on the WHY females get them and questioned how a female who doesn't have pretty breasts are any less feminine.
    And you guess would be wrong, since I don't even look down on females who get implants. Again still trying to figure out where you got I was against them.

IDEA Fitness member
  • Momf3boys
    Options
    No, not less of a female but I certainly am not competing against other women as you first stated...and your argument about arms and legs had nothing to do with health, but costs...so...back to square one...women get implants because they want to, for whatever reason that they want
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    Its fine for people to have their opinions but the same time those of us WITH implants are giving facts on why WE got them. Our reasons aren't opinions. Plus, those who don't know us or know why we got them shouldn't assume we got them to try to out beat the compeitition, or to impress anyone.
    This is why we discuss. I get if people say, "I want them because I want prettier, bigger, firmer, etc breasts". I'd like to be enlightened on the why though.

IDEA Fitness member
  • TheConsciousFoody
    TheConsciousFoody Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    This is why we discuss. I get if people say, "I want them because I want prettier, bigger, firmer, etc breasts". I'd like to be enlightened on the why though.

IDEA Fitness member

I seriously love boobs. I didn't like how mine looked after two kids. At 24 I had gross little skin bags that looked all weird. Weird to ME. My husband at the time wasn't bothered. But that's because he is a butt man and I'm a white girl with a booty. I wanted them to be full. So I had those saggy misporportioned skin bags stuffed with some silicone cohesive gel. I didn't do it to compete with anyone else. I didn't do it for my husbands approval. I got them because I wanted big old fun bags. I don't walk around in low cut shirts. Tight shirts. I wear normal clothes. If I was trying to impress or compete with anyone else I'd wear clothes that showed them off all the time. Instead I prefer to stare at myself naked in the mirror while jumping up and down.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQg7JMldHtjTLAuI0eJ8U0hmgokOZYlEjnyF8TgIMR_z5xWGraTWQ
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    No, not less of a female but I certainly am not competing against other women as you first stated...and your argument about arms and legs had nothing to do with health, but costs...so...back to square one...women get implants because they want to, for whatever reason that they want
    Your statement was that arms and legs aren't NEEDED.I disagreed because arms and legs are used in many, many, many daily activities.
    I'll agree with you if it comes down to not really needing them for health if lost in an accident.
    Women get implants for whatever reason, but the whatever reason stems from something. There's a basis on why a female would get them. What is it?

Self confidence- why because one isn't confident that the breasts she has appeals to others?
    Looks (size)- why because one's breasts don't appeal to themselves or others?

Leveling the playing field makes it fair for everyone to play.

If I'm misguided here, please enlighten me.

IDEA Fitness member
  • Momf3boys
    Options
    Your perception made it come off as rude. I was merely looking at it from a perspective approach on the WHY females get them and questioned how a female who doesn't have pretty breasts are any less feminine.
    And you guess would be wrong, since I don't even look down on females who get implants. Again still trying to figure out where you got I was against them.

IDEA Fitness member

I never said you were against them...I said that not all women are in competition because you said that women get implants to compete with other women and that's just not the case. No big deal...you can think whatever you wish.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    Options
    can't we all just get along?
  • Momf3boys
    Options
    I get along with everyone...and I love my fake boob and a half :)
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    I seriously love boobs. I didn't like how mine looked after two kids. At 24 I had gross little skin bags that looked all weird. Weird to ME. My husband at the time wasn't bothered. But that's because he is a butt man and I'm a white girl with a booty. I wanted them to be full. So I had those saggy misporportioned skin bags stuffed with some silicone cohesive gel. I didn't do it to compete with anyone else. I didn't do it for my husbands approval. I got them because I wanted big old fun bags. I don't walk around in low cut shirts. Tight shirts. I wear normal clothes. If I was trying to impress or compete with anyone else I'd wear clothes that showed them off all the time. Instead I prefer to stare at myself naked in the mirror while jumping up and down.
    So would you say that you've probably seen boobs (pics) that looked better than yours before enhancement? And that was the motivation to probably get them done?

IDEA Fitness member
  • LMT2012
    LMT2012 Posts: 697 Member
    Options
    I actually think men tend to like real breasts, large, small and in between. Women mostly do it to look a certain way in clothing.
    A decent analogy would be that many women love bald men or at very least are not bothered by thinning hair. But guys still go to great lengths to replace, cover, hide or otherwise deny hair loss.
    I have zero judgments about what people do to feel attractive or why.
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    I never said you were against them...
    Well this statement may have perceived me to think that way.

Obviously you don't need them for health reasons but if you lose your arm or leg in an accident you don't need that either so do you look down on those people too if they get replacements...

I said that not all women are in competition because you said that women get implants to compete with other women and that's just not the case. No big deal...you can think whatever you wish.
    That's my opinion. I do believe a level playing field is a way to play fair.

IDEA Fitness member
  • GiddyupTim
    GiddyupTim Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    I think women get breast implants because they feel inadequate/unattractive without them. And, it is not actually to attract any one particular guy, or to compete with other women. It is just a matter of feeling confident. You cannot really put a value judgement on it. I mean, you could say that someone should not feel that way. But, when you do, sometimes you cannot do anything about it. Maybe it just your psychological make-up. But, whatever it is, you just do. You feel that way.
    So, then, why not? If you can have more confidence, go for it !
    It really should not even be an issue for the rest of us to talk about -- except that as mammals we are all obsessed with breasts.
    I used to spend a lot of time with cosmetic surgeons. Let me tell you, they have a LOT of business. My wife had a mole removed. My sister had a nose job. Would we begrudge people those kinds of procedures? Would we post a thread?
    Cosmetic procedures are being more and more common -- botox, dermabrasion, face lifts, hair transplants -- and it is for a reason.
    Would it be better if we weren't so vain? Sure. But we are. We all are.
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    If I got one, it'd be so my boobs are awesome and make ME happy.
  • StaceySuperfly
    StaceySuperfly Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Some of us go the other way and have reductions!
  • MyChocolateDiet
    Options
    Some of us go the other way and have reductions!

nothing to add just in awe of the previous poster's screenname.
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTk2JAy71irhFwtv8tJYYF91slqHPUrcjgNwgxlODhgzWJIUOOl